[Balance] Observation about throwable axes

• I’ve been playing a whole lot of hours these days, and I’ve noticed a few infuriating things. I’m not the one who usually goes to forums for crying about balance, but I just couldn’t resist, so I’ll just leave this here, hoping for a change. Mind you, I play all the classes, I’m trying to be as unbiased as possible.

What I’m crying about: Ranged classes are at a very disfavored position in mid to low range against vanguard / knights. Why? Because you can’t fight back. They either have shields (that’s okay) or throwable axes. If you decide to use your primary weapon, you’ll get 1 shot off that might kill him if he is already wounded or get a lucky headshot, but you’ll get hit by 2 axes after that with most certainity (you die 100%). Why does this not happen with throwable knives as much as with axes? Because they don’t have that “instagib” feel, because they don’t kill you in the same amount of time, because you have extra time to react. In other words: Throwable axe DPS = OP.

My proposition: Increase a bit the reload time of throwable axes, so that you have a bit more reaction time after you get hit by the first one. Don’t nerf their damage, you are being hit by goddamn axes, they should of course deal more damage than the pesky knives. It just doesn’t feel right to die so damn fast from ranged attacks of melee classes

• Crossbowman has pavise shield, javelin has the buckler to block incoming axes.

• switch to secondary earlier, charge him and evade. it’s very rare someone scores two consecutive axe hits if you make yourself a difficult target.

• tbh this throwing axe is bugged. As mentioned by me countless times, If I get hit while holding a throwing axe it then locks up and does not work. It wont fire at all. so you have to get killed and respawn before its usable. As I have also said countless times fix the basic game play.

Weapons that don’t lockup if your hit esp in combat. Some kind of ping control on servers say 200 limit and admins on servers sometimes? Fix your basic game at least patches whatnot can wait tbh.

having said that why should Knights and vanguards have this weapon changed to suit you?
    some times I enjoy putting a throwing axe into an archers nose or his left ear.You can’t have it all tbh.
    you snipe at us for hours usually in excessive numbers, you constantly sneak up on dueling players in remote parts of maps and shoot them the back or head sometimes killing your own team also.
    and now you want to reduce our ability to throw something back at you? if we are lucky to fire one that has not locked up tbh.
    :o hehe

• An archer complaining about other classes’ ranged weapons?

Now I’ve seen everything :?

• Honestly, I used to think throwing knives were useless compared to throwing axes, too. Then I tried them. I think they’re fantastic in their own way because they’re a lot more reliable. Sure you need to land all 4 to do the same amount of damage as 2 throwing axes I think, but it’s not about that much damage. Sometimes all you need is to land one flinch (especially on archers as a vanguard) that can seriously save your life. They’re actually really good in clan battles too because that flinch can really destroy someone’s day. You can also land them in melee much easier so you don’t have to feel as pressured when they start closing in.

All in all, they’re kinda’ balanced with throwing axes. They seem bad at first, but try them more. I wouldn’t take them over oil pots as an MaA, though.

Also it looks amazing when you taunt with throwing knives.

• @SlyGoat:

An archer complaining about other classes’ ranged weapons?

Now I’ve seen everything :?

Have you seen a guy in all seriousness rant about nerfing the saber and MAA Hps? I did. I knew right then that humanity needs a serious buff.

• Three throwing knives in the chest kills a vanguard and you hae one left over at the end. Hey are faster longer ranged and more accurate. And you have one throw left over for error. Unless you throw them at a knight.

One of he agatha archers taunts is…

“If you throw enough of them one of them might actually hit me”

It they are looking at you they try to dodge them. It buys you time and you are able to get closer. If they are not looking at you archers are very easy kills.

Some say archer is OP others say they are UP. Makes them balanced.

And yes as a user of the throwing axes the reload time should be lengthened. It is rather easy to kill a stationary archer. Two hits on any class but the knight kills. Its what you expect but I can throw them a little too fast and I’m now quite good with them. Even got called a hacker a couple of times. Though one time it was a noob saying a killed him with one axe a d he was on half health as a vanguard. He didnt know how much damage they do.

• @OmmNomNom:

I’m not the one who usually goes to forums for crying about balance something that kills me that I don’t like

There I fixed it.

• @adamcel6:

@OmmNomNom:

I’m not the one who usually goes to forums for crying about balance something that kills me that I don’t like

There I fixed it.

I’m serious though… I don’t care about what kills me, I enjoy the game immensely anyways. My point wasn’t about archers as much as the comparison that the DPS/burst of throwable axes is really high (compared to for example throwable knives or bows). I’m totally fine if it doesn’t get changed, I just feel that it should get changed because it feels unfair.

• @OmmNomNom:

What I’m crying about: Ranged classes are at a very disfavored position in mid to low range against vanguard / knights. Why? Because you can’t fight back.

See this: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8234

The ranged class is not disfavoured at all. They can block ANY attack with their dagger. That’s rubbish. You have no argument.

• @KingArthur:

@OmmNomNom:

What I’m crying about: Ranged classes are at a very disfavored position in mid to low range against vanguard / knights. Why? Because you can’t fight back.

See this: http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8234

The ranged class is not disfavoured at all. They can block ANY attack with their dagger. That’s rubbish. You have no argument.

Yep, it’s silly to block with dagger deadly attacks, I don’t agree with it either. I guess I didn’t really express myself very well. It’s not exactly what I was crying about because archer is not all that I play, I meant generally axe throw is really powerful, so powerful that archers can’t do much except preemptive attack or dodge. You die too easy/fast. Doesn’t happen with knives, oil pots, etc. I’m fine if other archers snipe me, I just don’t want to get sniped by dem axes at midrange

• @OmmNomNom:

Yep, it’s silly to block with dagger deadly attacks, I don’t agree with it either. I guess I didn’t really express myself very well. It’s not exactly what I was crying about because archer is not all that I play, I meant generally axe throw is really powerful, so powerful that archers can’t do much except preemptive attack or dodge. You die too easy/fast. Doesn’t happen with knives, oil pots, etc. I’m fine if other archers snipe me, I just don’t want to get sniped by dem axes at midrange

Axes do take some skill to hit accurately. So do arrows. I think both are balanced well.