Speed hacking needs to be addressed

• I forgot to mention but others have already stated it; speedhacking increases your weapon speed too, as well as your parry and feint reload time too. It increases the speed of EVERYTHING. That’s why its such a big advantage, its not just moving faster.

• @Skalli:

@GhoXen:

Reporting helps, but have you done enough to report? Just a name and a claim are not enough. Either you have to bring a mod to examine the cheater in real time, or you have to clearly record a video of his action (i.e. spectator mode).

I did. I am not the only one who has reported him more than once and recorded stuff.
    Right now, I am uploading a video (it’s a bit old, maybe a month) to show the common “speed hack”- I will edit this post soon…

Also, I’ve seen one tactic: The speed hacker joins never alone. He has a friend. In the upcoming video he’s called “Kenrel”, he’s not hacking and telling me, that this “random guy” is just lagging. But they are friends in Steam. The “lag guy” is changing his nick often… When you start a votekick, flaming begins and if you’re the only high level it’s hard to proof that the hacker is really one…
    I’ve had only ONE game in over 190 hours where a server admin was online…

EDIT: http://youtu.be/VKry3Oe6ALg
    It needs some more minutes.

EDIT2: If someone of the Chivalry team PMs me I’ll give you the link to a video which is showing the player id/profile (or just the URL to the profile).

You have to give the video and report to the moderators here. Reporting it to Steam/Valve is useless, since they only ban people retrospectively based on VAC detection, not on report. Reporting to server admins are unreliable, since private admins are not obliged to do anything.

Mods are frequently online. Have you joined the official moderator group on Steam (for reference there are currently 4 mods online)? Go send a PM now.

• Okay, I did it. Thanks.

• @GhoXen:

server admins are unreliable, since private admins are not obliged to do anything.

I think this is probably the biggest point brought up so far. There are plenty private servers, so how do you plan to enforce your ‘anti-cheat’ rules on THEIR controlled environments? Hell, I’ve played on private servers where the server admin is the one speed hacking. It is their server, and I suppose they are allowed to do it there - so how do you even report that?

One might say that only the Official servers need to be regulated and kept clean. I can’t imagine everyone only playing on Official servers to experience a fair game, especially with the varied skill levels and all the complaints of unjustified vote kicks and player behavior.

My guess is that servers would see more admins if the community were better. I wouldn’t trust anyone I’ve met really to be an admin on my server while I’m away, due to the rampant rage and immaturity that has flooded this game. A poor community is complaining about itself being poor & cheating… Integrity and respect among the players should be established first and foremost, then we’d probably see much more server admins around to keep their servers to those standards.

• You can’t ask for constant manual anti-cheat mechanisms, some type of automated system needs to be put in place. Aimbots and wallhacks don’t really affect this game, it’s just the speed hacks. That really shouldn’t be difficult to fix.

• Detection depends on how hard it is to do this cheat, is it an exploit or hack, what?

As far as official servers, you will need admins,same for private servers. When I use to admin TF2 servers I would record the cheater, upload on forums, admins can review the files and take a vote if permanent ban or not (he would be temp ban during the session however.)

I have seen people accuse other of speed hacking but so far nothing I can know for sure. There are maybe 2 players I have run up against that I believe to cheat, both were in clans with rank exceeding 40. Might have been another 1 or 2 guys I have seen in big TO servers, both were knights and use 2hander sword, whatever the last one is called and it seemed like their attacks were as fast as 1hander.

Anyway, be nice to first establish how they do the cheat and second, how to detect it easy. In TF2 for instance it was easy, would take me just 30 sec to see the signs and know without a doubt.

So again, how do they do it, what is the easiest way to check and what do I check for.

PS: VAC does work, so always report, just know you wont see the result right away, that is how VAC is suppose to work in order to keep cheaters not knowing for sure what got them caught.

• There is a mod steam community page. Join it and if you see a hacker, contact one of them and they will join the server and spectate. Search for the group “chivmod” on steam community.

• I saw exactly this in a couple of games yesterday. I wasn’t sure what was going on and just put down the difference in speed between my knight and the hacker’s vanguard as just that…when I got popped onto the other team though, I got hacked up because he was swinging considerably faster than I was. And in deatch cam I watched him face off against his own class and it was definitely dodgy.

Almost as dodgy as the guy who could hide in a wall on the ruins map and pop out for sudden ambush assassinations (but nowhere near as funny).

• I have played over 200 hours and I have not met a single hacker so far. Not one! Only those who have defeated me by other means, such as than exploits and lag.
    So many people complain, but they don’t even know how to accelerate attacks and do 360 degress swings. >__>

• @Skalli:

“I don’t see anything obvious.
    MMA backpadel is slower than? Vanguard foreward movement and in addition he has you targeted while you move backwards. He should be significantly faster”.

I see lot of suspicious players, but most of the time they were lagging (160-200 ms) or they know how to play (or both). If I had to report them all … Lmao.
    And you can’t modify any value of the client files, the game doesn’t start or crash.
    Steam ban is auto by VAC, reports are useless :)
    Play on official servers (I saw admins there) or callvote kick/ban on private ones.

• Yes, i can approve this is correct.

Not often ( im glad for that ), but it do happen from time to time.
    You can notice it by a small teleport or something like that… He doesnt make a step but is several yards further… So its impossible to chase him or whatever…

Besides that, if report would work, you can change your name at any given moment… You need to find out the account of steam to ban those mtfers…

We need something for those peoples!

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• @Skalli:

@GhoXen:

Reporting helps, but have you done enough to report? Just a name and a claim are not enough. Either you have to bring a mod to examine the cheater in real time, or you have to clearly record a video of his action (i.e. spectator mode).

I did. I am not the only one who has reported him more than once and recorded stuff.
    Right now, I am uploading a video (it’s a bit old, maybe a month) to show the common “speed hack”- I will edit this post soon…

Also, I’ve seen one tactic: The speed hacker joins never alone. He has a friend. In the upcoming video he’s called “Kenrel”, he’s not hacking and telling me, that this “random guy” is just lagging. But they are friends in Steam. The “lag guy” is changing his nick often… When you start a votekick, flaming begins and if you’re the only high level it’s hard to proof that the hacker is really one…
    I’ve had only ONE game in over 190 hours where a server admin was online…

It needs some more minutes.

EDIT2: If someone of the Chivalry team PMs me I’ll give you the link to a video which is showing the player id/profile (or just the URL to the profile).

Yeah that must be cheating and not lag.

• I saw lot of people with these animations and it was due to lag.
    Maybe I met the same guy and another one in official server. I call admin, he checked them and they were not cheating but the admin said they had bad ping and packet loss :/
    So be careful to report, do that if hacker is really obvious :)
    And VAC bans are not instant, hacker are banned after 2 weeks or more ;)

• That video looked pretty fishy to me. Underhand poke with spear should take a lot longer to do that that. He was able to do it repeatedly off a block way faster than normal. However, I have only seen someone hack a couple times in the 230+ hours I’ve played. And they were silly hacks like “real” speed hacks and causing peasants to slay anyone that gets near them.

• @Mr:

Yes, i can approve this is correct.

Not often ( im glad for that ), but it do happen from time to time.
    You can notice it by a small teleport or something like that… He doesnt make a step but is several yards further… So its impossible to chase him or whatever…

Besides that, if report would work, you can change your name at any given moment… You need to find out the account of steam to ban those mtfers…

We need something for those peoples!

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

That’s very easy, since ingame name is the Steam name, at the time of the game. If you go into your Steam’s “View” tab and go into “Players”, you will be able to find his name and his Steam profile.

• Seen 3 people today I am sure cheated, eva, EK x something clan guy and Player990. It was pretty damn bad, it all took place in a span of 6 games. 1 I managed to get kicked, the other 2 was not able to, twice I asked those to stop hacking please and all of the sudden they did and their scores went from like 25-5 to 27-17…

Now paying attention to it I notice more and more people are doing it. I could tell in these cases because they ran faster than a faster class and with EK guy he could swing his 2handed sword faster than I possibly parry, it was like swing, swing and swing while you would be able to parry once.

It is starting to get stupid. It not crazy obvious either, like they increase it by 30% or something.

Doing a quick google search I stumbled upon a dozen of these speedhacks, where people even discuss it and say you can be harder to stop by doing 1.2-1.5 speed etc…

I hope this gets dealt with asap!

• @sharkh20:

and causing peasants to slay anyone that gets near them.

What? lol I take it was a private server or something. That is funny though.

• @Blackjack:

Seen 3 people today I am sure cheated, eva, EK x something clan guy and Player990. It was pretty damn bad, it all took place in a span of 6 games. 1 I managed to get kicked, the other 2 was not able to, twice I asked those to stop hacking please and all of the sudden they did and their scores went from like 25-5 to 27-17…

Now paying attention to it I notice more and more people are doing it. I could tell in these cases because they ran faster than a faster class and with EK guy he could swing his 2handed sword faster than I possibly parry, it was like swing, swing and swing while you would be able to parry once.

It is starting to get stupid. It not crazy obvious either, like they increase it by 30% or something.

Doing a quick google search I stumbled upon a dozen of these speedhacks, where people even discuss it and say you can be harder to stop by doing 1.2-1.5 speed etc…

I hope this gets dealt with asap!

If they are only using a memory-editing program like that, then the problem should solve itself pretty quickly. However surely that can’t be the case? While it is easily accessible, it’s also extremely easy for VAC to detect. I imagine all those speedhackers using said program will get banned within 2-3 weeks by VAC ban waves.

• Here is a video of someone with a speed hack enabled:

http://youtu.be/nve4bFYxL9A#t=33s

It is most obvious ~33s in, the Agatha knight with the maul is able to run a full circle around two Mason players in only a few moments.

I haven’t personally run into this in-game. I’m hoping it doesn’t become too widespread.

• @Redsix:

I saw lot of people with these animations and it was due to lag.
    Maybe I met the same guy and another one in official server. I call admin, he checked them and they were not cheating but the admin said they had bad ping and packet loss :/
    So be careful to report, do that if hacker is really obvious :)
    And VAC bans are not instant, hacker are banned after 2 weeks or more ;)

When my roomate is streaming or torrenting shit, my ping is still the same, ~90-130 but I start running faster because I jerk forward and swing animation jerks too, So fast that I run in to walls and kill people that I dint even swing at.

=\