Chivalry on console PLEASE!!

• I have seen so many game play videos. I have watched the launch trailer over and over again and I want to play this game so much! But I do not own a pc :( . Only computer I own is a Mac Book pro. But I do own an xbox 360 :D ! I have been searching for something new to play. I love first person shooters, but I grow bored of guns. I love skyrim and using bow and arrows, swords, shields, and cross bows but I want to play it with friends. And I have finally found that game but it is exclusive to PC. So please please please developers bring this game to console! I would love you all so much :P !! The game looks mazing guys!

• Console gaming is starting to become a thing of the past imo… PC gaming has way too many advantages compared to consoles… This generation of consoles is very aged and a new console probably wouldn’t be received well due to the current economy…

DLC is a big issue with a lot of people because they feel like their game they paid $60 for should have came with the maps in that map pack or the features that come later… The idea is that their hamburger was made and then the makers takes off the cheese and tomato just to sell it off like a seperate part of the sandwich.

I would say console gaming is going to go into hibernation at least for a while if not die off before too long…

• I dont see that happing but hey every one has an opinion. I wish I could own a decked out gaming PC, ive always wanted one. But the price for a good gaming PC is insane! Plus my wife and I both love to game together. Co op, multiplayer spilt screen. Cant play split screen on pc. So I would have to buy 2 PC’s!

• Urgh, if consoles were able to do cross console fighting against pc players then hell yea go for it. But i really doubt that type of thing would be realized.

• Honestly, developers are probably flooded by requests. Porting a game is a big task, requires much time and testing. I don’t see it happening. At least not in the near future

• @Cheesus:

Urgh, if consoles were able to do cross console fighting against pc players then hell yea go for it. But i really doubt that type of thing would be realized.

I remember there was one game that had PC/Xbox connectivity. However the difference in controls meant that PC users had too much of a leg up except with extreme amounts of autoaim.

• PC games are far better than console games. Many consoles gamers admit this, but are so used to the controls of the console they don’t bother changing. THe games that do overlap almost always have better graphics on the PC versions.

• @slamkid361:

So please please please developers bring this game to console! I would love you all so much :P !!

I think a lot will be very angry if they do so. Do us all a favour and get a pc. You dont need a mac. 8-)

• @Jan:

@slamkid361:

So please please please developers bring this game to console! I would love you all so much :P !!

I think a lot will be very angry if they do so. Do us all a favour and get a pc. You dont need a mac. 8-)

I have a Mac cause I have a home recording studio. I have a PC but its not top notch. I have to play BattleField play4free at low settings.

• At the moment I play it with a AMD Quad Core, HD4500 and with 1280 x1024 at high details. No AA. It is ok.

What I want to say to your wish of adaption to console. For us pc players it means, that we got crappy console ports, low res textures, and i think consoles cannot handle a lot players at the same time. And of course that ressources are blocked as well!

Sorry, but the best for all is that you spend 500 euros for an upgrade. :?

• @slamkid361:

I have a Mac cause I have a home recording studio.

Mac is required for recording studio?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@slamkid361:

Not required but so dam useful. I thought macs were useless until I got one. No more wanting to kick my windows machine down the stairs.

Macs are built for being a utility computer. They double up as a home computer too. And the new ones that came out this month can have an Nvidia 680. The lowest having a 650. So they are good for gaming. If you can find a game that works for mac.

• Can I easily upgrade my mac with hardware from every manufacturer?

• No to console version of Chivalry, instead they should focus on gameplay issues like better spectator mode and increase competitive play so this game can try to be an eSport.

Recent years only eSports titles make it big. Games like LoL, SC2, Dota 2, Halo 4, CS etc.

• I agree with the fact that having cross pc/console combatibility is not a smart idea. Pc gamers would have an edge with graphics, connections, and controls. However, if you did make a console version, make it so that console players play with console players and pc players play with pc players. I really would love to see a version of chivalry on my xbox :)

• @lemonater47:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@slamkid361:

Not required but so dam useful. I thought macs were useless until I got one. No more wanting to kick my windows machine down the stairs.

Macs are built for being a utility computer. They double up as a home computer too. And the new ones that came out this month can have an Nvidia 680. The lowest having a 650. So they are good for gaming. If you can find a game that works for mac.

Macs are built for leeching money from people who have no idea about computers and technology. PC is cheapter and better than Mac in any way.

• Since the game is UE3 based, mac and console ports wouldn’t be as impossible as some people imply. but it’s by no means an effortless task. i’d wager it will be a while until this is prioritized.

as for the mac discussion: macs have a far better reputation amongst producers and sound engineers since their OSes tend to be very stable regarding sound quality. windows wasn’t always well optimized for this, so on pc you’d tend to get the odd untraceable click in your sound, which in essence means loosing time and money. not all is/was windows, sloppy drivers are a different issue.
    i’ve never used a mac myself, but i don’t blame any audio/video guys who do. ;)

• “I think a lot will be very angry if they do so.”

Why would anyone be angry that other people get to enjoy the same thing they do?

It’s something I’ve never understood. Like complaining about ‘noobs’. What is so terrible about someone enjoying something you enjoy, but just being a bit late to the party?

I don’t think this game would do well if ported to consoles, so I’m not advocating for that, in fact I’m completely off-topic. But it annoys me when people act as if consoles are evil machines from the depths of hell. I play my PS3, my girlfriend’s 360 and games on my PC equally. I prefer my PC, for the obvious reasons, but I don’t understand this hatred spewed towards consoles.

Now back on topic; the developers likely don’t have the time or resources to port this game right now. I don’t even think they will if they had the time, by that time they may have moved on to a new project or the market might not be favorable at that time to re-release a game on consoles.

• @Wobbler:

the developers likely don’t have the time or resources to port this game right now. I don’t even think they will if they had the time, by that time they may have moved on to a new project or the market might not be favorable at that time to re-release a game on consoles.

i would not be quite so pessimistic. since they plan on expanding content & reputation for the title in the near future without any paid DLCs new markets (read gaming systems) could become very viable and would support the longevity of the title. But I’m 100% with you in that it won’t happen overnight.