UDK.EXE ERROR MESSAGE

• I just got the game today and tried to install it on my dell PC. The computer allows me to download steam and Chivalry just fine. After fully downloading the game, I try and hit play in steam, it appears to be loading then my computer prompts me with an error message that says “UDK.EXE has stopped working.” I have tried deleting the config folder through windows explorer. I have tried uninstalling it and re installing it. I tried downloading the microsoft .Net Framework repair tool. I have tried verifying game files in steam and out of steam. All give me the same message. There is no live team to talk to and no where for me to get my refund. Please explain why this keeps happening, Or let me get my money back. This is garbage and needs to be fixed asap… People are spending good money on your game and you don’t have the respect to put a 1 800 hotline for support?

Please get back to me on what I can do to fix this. OR how I can get a full refund. I have not even gotten a chance to play the game for one second. Never loaded once. Not happy

• What are your system specs?

A common solution:

“Delete the folder in …\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKgame\config
    and verify the integrity of the game cache on steam, like i did in the video.”

Here are some other common fixes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … 895176449/

Do you have XFire or any other programs running that may be conflicting?

• @Andrew:

What are your system specs?

A common solution:

“Delete the folder in …\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKgame\config
    and verify the integrity of the game cache on steam, like i did in the video.”

Here are some other common fixes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/di … 895176449/

Do you have XFire or any other programs running that may be conflicting?

Got time to look at anyone else’s UDK problem, buddy?
    That’s not meant to sound rude. Also could I ask if you are working on a patch for this? or is it even patch-able?

• Was just posting common solutions. Will bring it up to some of the programmers next time they are on. Sorry :/

• maybe you should stop whining and give us some more information on your PC like processor, graphics card, RAM, etc so that the people who want to help can actually help you

• My computer is a DELL windows vista business. intel core ™ 2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHZ -2GB RAM
    32 BIT Operating System. Intel GMA driver

I think every ones getting a little heated. Some people just spent their money expecting to enjoy this game. Is it unreasonable for them to be a little upset? With no customer support or no luck with ANY of the trouble shoots provided by both you guys and steam? Obviously people are going to be upset with paying 25 bucks for your game through your website, then seeing that steam is selling it for half off. Then when we reach out to you for help. You are all rude and have nasty responses. I should stop whining? Really? I just paid 25 bucks to support your business and that is the kind of customer support you send out to the people putting money in your pocket?

I just want to be able to play the game or get my money back. I don’t think thats unreasonable at all.

• @grovesjd:

I think every ones getting a little heated. Some people just spent their money expecting to enjoy this game. Is it unreasonable for them to be a little upset? With no customer support or no luck with ANY of the trouble shoots provided by both you guys and steam? Obviously people are going to be upset with paying 25 bucks for your game through your website, then seeing that steam is selling it for half off. Then when we reach out to you for help. You are all rude and have nasty responses. I should stop whining? Really? I just paid 25 bucks to support your business and that is the kind of customer support you send out to the people putting money in your pocket?

I just want to be able to play the game or get my money back. I don’t think thats unreasonable at all.

The guy that was “rude” is not a mod or a dev, so don’t think that’s one of us being rude and giving nasty reponses.

Did you do what Andrew asked or follow his post?

And by the way, this is an indie company. They do NOT have an office, thus there is no 800 number or ANY number to give you. As for refunds, you can ONLY get them through steam and unfortunately, they don’t really give refunds either. I’m sorry you have having issues, but we’ll do what we can to help you. The mods are only volunteers and we can only help so much.

To help expedite this, please also post your dxdiag.txt and launch.log found here Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs

Also here are some other common fixes you can try in the meantime. Try each one and then start the game after each to see if one of them works for you.

1. Go to My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini and delete
      Suppress=DevNet
      Suppress=DevOnline

2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and run the two vcredist executable files. Then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe. Try Chivalry again through Steam.

• Hmm I think it may be a system specs issue. The processor at least is definitely below the minimum reqs. If that’s an on-board intel graphics card then that could be the issue too… :/

(I’m not too up on hardware myself though so pinch of salt there).

The dxdiag.txt should help to define that I think, it should list the main specs and versions of your computer components.

System requirements: Minimum:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 GHz) or AMD equivalent, or better
    Memory: At least 2GB
    Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 3870 of higher, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT or higher

Graphics card memory: 512MB+

Sound: Windows compatible sound card

• @BobT36:

Hmm I think it may be a system specs issue. The processor at least is definitely below the minimum reqs. If that’s an on-board intel graphics card then that could be the issue too… :/

(I’m not too up on hardware myself though so pinch of salt there).

The dxdiag.txt should help to define that I think, it should list the main specs and versions of your computer components.

Oh I missed the specs somehow. The minimum specs to play Chiv are:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher. 512MB VRAM.
    DirectX®: 9.0c
    Hard Drive: 7 GB HD space
    Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection

So I’m thinking the processor may be the issue? Not 100% on that though.

• he also did not list a graphics card, you cannot play this on an integrated card (you might be able to using like a i5/i7 integrated gpu)

it’s reasonable to get upset if you did your research on minimum specs, asked google, and knew even rudimentary hardware requirements to play pc videogames and still didn’t work after trying…