Any idea when more optimization will come our way?

• It’s funny, I used to get decent performance with a GTX 460 at times though occasionally got lag and stuttering and slowdown

Now I recently just got a new 7950 3GB model and this game plays actually much worse than before. Choppy and more slowdowns at times. And this is on servers that I have a ping under 50.

Is there some way to optimize it or is there a patch coming to address issues with certain graphics cards or something? Anything?

• That’s not a problem with optimisation.

That sounds like a driver problem with multi-GPU. 7950 is a dual-GPU card, so you will need the latest drivers and application profile for full support. It’s possible that Chivalry hasn’t been added to the list of supported games yet, but I may be completely wrong on that.

Single GPUs and nvidia users don’t have your problem.

• Well I’ve checked the drivers, have the latest. Guess that means I’m stuck waiting for it to be added and the drivers to update to play this game -_-

Was fun while it lasted I guess

• @Smac3223:

Well I’ve checked the drivers, have the latest. Guess that means I’m stuck waiting for it to be added and the drivers to update to play this game -_-

Was fun while it lasted I guess

Check your Video Card’s Control Panel and see if there are some settings you can tweak in there to resolve your issue.

In my Nvidia Control Panel for my GTX660 Twin Frozr III, I can assign certain graphical settings to specific games. Maybe your video card has an option for assigning single core usage for Chivalry or something that may fix your issue??

• No options that I’ve seen, looking through the latest Catalyst Control Center thing with no luck

Guess I’m stuck either playing very choppy like or simply waiting for them to fix it. Here’s hoping it’s sooner rather than later. Was having great fun with this game

• I know you can do it with regular crossfire setup, but I’m not sure about a dual GPU card. Have you tried finding a setting that disables the second GPU completely on your card? Since lack of profile support may be the cause, using a single GPU should be a temporary solution. Even a single core of 7950 should be more powerful than a GTX 460.

• If all else fails, drop your resolution and detail levels… Won’t look pretty, but you’ll be able to play! ;)

• A 7950 should destroy this game easy.

• @GhoXen:

That’s not a problem with optimisation.

That sounds like a driver problem with multi-GPU. 7950 is a dual-GPU card, so you will need the latest drivers and application profile for full support. It’s possible that Chivalry hasn’t been added to the list of supported games yet, but I may be completely wrong on that.

No.

• @venomblade:

@GhoXen:

That’s not a problem with optimisation.

No.

Indeed. 7950 is a single GPU card. I have a 7970 and the game runs amazing. I fear a deeper rooted problem here. I’d suggest making a post in the Support forum, and posting your DxDiag so we can take a closer look. Also the devs are always working on optimization.

• My graphics card if that matters

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a … 6814202003

Anyway I’ll ask support I suppose. Hopefully get an answer there then

• I just spent $150 on an EVGA Geforce 560TI and I have the exact same problems. The game seems to run worse with this card than it did with an old geforce 9800. I think this game suffers, much like it’s predecessor Age of Chivalry with bad optimizations, poor map design, bad net coding, and when you have more than 20 players your FPS goes to total shit specially with lots of firepots going off. I have been looking into some tweaks but not found anything that is substantially improving without lowering resolutions and even then some resolutions run faster than the smaller ones.

You might want to try playing with your Physix settings as that may or may not be helpful. Good luck, I hope someone can come up with some client ini settings to help out.