How I miss a good shield wall

• I recently posted comment regarding a bridge based map suggestion, I think it is a great idea because it will cause a bottleneck situation.

The last time the game had one was in the arena entrance but this was lost in the last patch! Look at what we are missing!
    [attachment=0:2pw3i48s]219640_screenshots_2012-11-06_00002.jpg[/attachment:2pw3i48s]
    Yeah; I do appreciate that the entrance issues needed a fix but give us another bottleneck to replace it.

• Support. I think narrow entrances, bridges and such can create interesting strategic scenarios.

• +1 for more bottlenecks. I realise a proper bottleneck would disrupt the flow of TO, so it’d have to be an lts or tdm map.

• @Strudel:

+1 for more bottlenecks. I realise a proper bottleneck would disrupt the flow of TO, so it’d have to be an lts or tdm map.

Yeah, this would work best on LTS maps, where if there’s only two or three people left on one team, they can defend more effectively. I can’t wait until community maps are made available on Steam workshop or something!

• firepots

• @SOC:

firepots

Yep; firepots are a good weapon against a shield wall, it takes real communication and/or forward planning to move forward and backwards as one. Also; javelin and archer support needs to focus on MAAs, killing them before they can throw one.

It would be a good idea to have a reasonably steep arch on the bridge, enough so that firepot throwing MAAs present a good target for ranged support. Either that or a bottleneck that is on an incline, again affording ranged weapons a target over the wall.

• This is why I suggested the bridge. PLEASE give this suggestion some attention: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8278

• People think that shit is fucking fun? No thanks jesus.

• Uhm dont get me wrong but, the whole maps are actually bottlenecks when you look at em right.
    throneroom for example. the higher parts are bottlenecks the middle is truely open (thats what they want you to believe lol) its actually a nother small passage.

edit*:

or darkforest, when you look at it its a giant tunnel.
    Moor and battlegrounds are quite open.
    That other map where you destroy the trebs and light the pyre first that has actually very open space to shoot (every rock reminds me of an archer-tower) and is actually a tunnelsystem when you look at the areas you can move on.

well thats at least my perspective.

• @Thorendir:

Uhm dont get me wrong but, the whole maps are actually bottlenecks when you look at em right.
    throneroom for example. the higher parts are bottlenecks the middle is truely open (thats what they want you to believe lol) its actually a nother small passage.

edit*:

That other map where you destroy the trebs and light the pyre first that has actually very open space to shoot (every rock reminds me of an archer-tower) and is actually a tunnelsystem when you look at the areas you can move on.

That’s actually true and there are plenty of places for a sheild wall. If they improve the VOIP it would be a lot easier to coordinate one.

• @lemonater47:

@Thorendir:

Uhm dont get me wrong but, the whole maps are actually bottlenecks when you look at em right.

edit*:

That’s actually true and there are plenty of places for a sheild wall. If they improve the VOIP it would be a lot easier to coordinate one.

Good point: my desire for further bottlenecks is somewhat pacified.