MOBA-Style Gamemode?

• Just started playing so I am no expert or anything, just thought it was an interesting thought to have a Moba style game mode where both sides have a castle or something with a gate to break into, and before that there are towers with a ballista or trebuchet controlled by NPC’s for each team. From each side’s respective main castle/well/spawn point, NPC’s would spawn that would follow the paths leading to the other side’s castle thingy…

Literally just MOBA in the Chivalry vein… nothing fancy or different, but I think it would make for some decent fun.

• No thank you. Feel free to make a mod.

• @SOC:

No thank you. Feel free to make a mod.

Gotta agree….

• Never hurts to have more gamemodes.

• aye can leave if you dislike it too much. (like that fucking koth i hate that…. just a random mess and not the good ol ffa mess)

• @Thorendir:

aye can leave if you dislike it too much. (like that fucking koth i hate that…. just a random mess and not the good ol ffa mess)

Each to their own, I guess (I frickin’ DESPISE ffa).

• Though a seperate MOBA gamemode would probably take too much work to make it right when you have the rest of the game to maintain in the meantime.

• prolly true.

@hadron K i said i hate it.

:)

• I was just talking to a friend about this. I would love this mode. I don’t know how to mod but I have a lot of coding/scripting experience for web apps and sites so maybe I could figure it out.

• Make the catapults and ballista controlled by HUMANS (no NPCs please) and I’m game for this… but then it’d be more like a castle siege mode which we might be getting anyways.

• Basic:

So basicly create a map that looks like a map in Dota/LoL/HoN. (I don’t play these games at all, just like the idea).

The easy way (No need for another gamemode, just TO):

1. Make towers with ballistas that defenders can operate and attackers need to destroy in order to proceed to the next tower/base.

2. Make a crystal/building/whatever that needs to be destroyed in order to win.

3. Make a Force-wall that prevents attackers from attacking Tower #2 before Tower#1.

The hard way:

1. All of the above.

2. Code IG items/weapon upgrades that can be bought by number of kills/destroyed bulidng /coded gold?

3. Code a shop, Code Npc’s/towers dropping gold.

4. Code mobs? (peasants with hatchets or something)

This is all possible to do, but who would do such thing.