Arrows do not show on self?

• When i play chivalry i can never seem to see projectiles that hit me. but ill be able to see other people with arrows sticking out of there body head etc…

is this done on purpose? id love to be able to see myself after being shot with 2 or 3 arrows its cool.

• Are you sure? It depends where they hit. I’ve certainly had arrows hanging into my view now and then.

Heck some dude shot 2 right into the top left and right sides of my pavaise shield the other day (missing my head by inches), they hung out infront of me like horns lol.

• I’ve had a few arrows and javelins stuck in me or my shield in view before.

I remember once having 2 javelins that came in from the right and got stuck in my shield. They both were stuck horizontally across the width of my view. :D

• ya im sure. ive been hit with 2 arrows before went into 3rd person and seen nothing. ive also been killed with an arrow looked at my dead body and there was nothing.

BUT!!! if someone else is shot or i shoot them i can see the arrow stick out of them? is there something i can do to fix this, its the only thing that bothers me about chivalry

• @BobT36:

Are you sure? It depends where they hit. I’ve certainly had arrows hanging into my view now and then.

Heck some dude shot 2 right into the top left and right sides of my pavaise shield the other day (missing my head by inches), they hung out infront of me like horns lol.

bob what do you mean by where there hit?

• a day or two ago, I had an arrow sticking out of my right shoulder in 1st person until I died.

I’ll be worried when the day comes where I look down and an arrow is sticking directly between my legs :o

• so then is nobody else having this problem? ive had arrows in my shield but not my body ever.

• @lionheart:

so then is nobody else having this problem? ive had arrows in my shield but not my body ever.

Nope…. but are you talking about 1st person, 3rd person or both??

I never bothered to check 3rd person cuz I don’t play in that view.

There could be some cfg difference in your game’s settings where maybe there’s a number adjusted that had decals / objects on your character set to zero?? shrugs

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@lionheart:

so then is nobody else having this problem? ive had arrows in my shield but not my body ever.

Nope…. but are you talking about 1st person, 3rd person or both??

I never bothered to check 3rd person cuz I don’t play in that view.

There could be some cfg difference in your game’s settings where maybe there’s a number adjusted that had decals / objects on your character set to zero?? shrugs

yes im talking about both and i will actually go check now and see

• @lionheart:

yes im talking about both and i will actually go check now and see

Well if it is something happening in the cfg’s that’s not allowing you to see those objects in your character, I wouldn’t know where to look or what number to fix it……

A sure way of resetting such a problem would be to delete your cfg files and then validate your game cache via Steam, so that Steam would download new cfg files for your system.

Note that this would rest all your controls and graphics settings to default and have to be adjusted again… and that this still may not fix your problem.

Good luck.

• hey lion man i have the same problem exactly im glad i found this thread. im sure itll get fixed in a patch or two

• still not showing. ive no idea what it is. oh well guess its just part of the game

• I figured the problem was that stickies aren’t rendered on your model, for your client, when in first-person. It’s unfortunate, because it would be nice to pop into third person and see which way the arrow came from sometimes, but if it’s just a configuration file issue, I’ll dig through the inis. Really bugs me too.

• wow im glad other people have the same problem and im not just crazy haha i hope someone brings this up with the chivalry team so they know of the problem