Valiance - CMW Server Launcher/Mod - With 20% less archery!

• It goes without saying that, though this is one of the most frustrating in-your-face games out there, it’s awesome and I love it. So, to make things easier for all the server hosters out there, I’m working on a GUI server configuration/launcher tool coupled with a server mod that extends the dedicated server’s functionality.

What it does right now

• Configures Server name, motd, and max players from the GUI

• Limit number of archers per team or completely disable (will slay archers on spawn, provide a message telling players the situation, and force the class selection menu)

• Start server

I have a lot of features planned but I’m pressed for time atm so I’ll be brief.
    Planned features

• Adjust server gravity

• Limits for all classes

• Map rotation

• Support for most relevant dedicated server options

• Change weapon dmgs, speed, ect

• Kings vs kings mode

• Ect

More details straight from the readme:
    @readme.txt:

Description
    ––
    Provides a GUI for configuring and launching a dedicated server.

Provides extended functionality for things like controlling player class limits via injection of a dll into the dedicated server process.

The only game file on the file system valiance manipulates is the GameDefault.ini file for loaind/saving the dedicated server configuration.

Winject.exe by mcMike (downloaded from http://www.cheat-project.com/cheats-hac … nJect-1.7/) is used to perform dll injection.

This does not perform modifications that VAC would consider cheating and has been tested to not trigger VAC.

Installation
    ––
    Unzip contents to its own directory. Run exe. Valiance should find the chivalry directory automatically.

Something I didn’t explicitly mention in the readme; this’ll work alongside your current dedicated server configuration. Your current maplist and everything else will be intact as this loads from the DefaultGame.ini itself.

Some Screens
    GUI

In-game Message

Remarks:

I may release the source code in the future, but as of now I’m not. Mainly because the mod (valiance.dll) uses a modding framework that is somewhat my own work and I don’t want released. The .NET application can be easily decompiled and is pretty trivial right now. If I get this rolling and people want it, I could make this open source.

It’s not anything malicious, here are the virustotal reports:
    ValianceMod.exe (GUI)
    valiance.dll (servermod)
    Winject.exe is a common injector, feel free to download it yourself and replace the one in the download.

As the readme states, this isn’t doing anything that’ll get you VACed. I’ve been doing similar things with chivalry a month and a half ago and I’m still fine as proof. Oh yeah, and its a dedicated server… You’d be surprised how much people worry about this.

As always if you don’t trust it, don’t use it.

Enjoy and feel free to leave feedback, suggestions, and bug reports.

• Any chance u have figured out how to speed up bow draw times and reload times?
    I was told by Martin how to do it, but upon doing so it only lets the bots fire them faster and not ppl?
    I am running a Custom dedicated server with low gravity and a bunch of other edited stuff but the bows are the main thing im stuck on at the moment.
    This is what he Replied to me with

For Bow reload/draw times, you’ll want to search for (in UDKNewWeapon.ini):

Code: Select allWindupAnimations[0]=(AnimationName=3p_longbow_draw

Code: Select allReloadAnimations[0]=(AnimationName=3p_longbow_reload

and edit

Code: Select allfAnimationLength=x.x

for each of the Shortbow, Longbow and Warbow.

P.S. As what ur trying to make for server admins- I think its a great idea as i was shocked to see a lack of any kind of server tool for admins, just having to be spawned to type to ppl and admin the server just to die over and over again isnt cool and ppl wanna have control of what they run.
    This game rocks, But it needs sumthing like what u r doing to keep it up to par with every other game that does have admin tools exp for longevity of the game and to keep admins happy and in control as well as players happy.

• Sure thing, I know just were to look for these values. I should have an updated version uploaded in a few hours.

I’ve had problems modifying that ini file you mentioned; any modifications causes the dedi/client to crash on startup. How are you editing it and still running the server?

• Cleaned. As for the config edits, I’m looking at it right now. If it doesn’t work, I have a suspicion it may be a bug that was introduced back when clients could edit their configs and they would override the server, but the server’s configs should always take precedence, even if the clients are different, to allow for modding.

Edit: Found 2 bugs with config changes, no idea when they’ll be fixed though. Can’t mod for the time being.

• This is exciting to see. I posted some links to some remote admin programs made for other UDK based games a while ago along with mention that HLSW is capable of remote admining UDK based games as well but not sure what needs to be done Dev wise: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5229 with links so that you can check them out.

So, can yours do more that one MOTD or advertisements through out the game? How about a high ping kicker? Having the ability to limit every class would be even better. Setting up kickban and ban timers? Setting a game password without restarting the server? Even better if id could do a list of admins so that you dont have to log in as admin and cannot be kicked from your own server. I have a huge list of things that I am hopeful you could set up.

I will be checking and testing this. Congrats on the work thus far, please please continue and add more features!

Thanks!

• Let me correct my self, it does show that ppl and bots are rapid firing the bow and each time u click fire while u are drawing it back, however whoever is looking at u sees u rapid fire but no arrow is actually fired till u have full draw and release it like normal, but each click of ur mouse while drawn does take away ammo, I sure hope this gets fixed soon cause my server has sum awesome action going on and ppl are luving this matrix server,but the ability to be able to fire the bow faster is holding back my progress on tricking the whole game out.
    So basically right now the animation is showing its faster but it isnt any faster and it takes ur ammo like it is faster.

• @Retsnom:

This is exciting to see. I posted some links to some remote admin programs made for other UDK based games a while ago along with mention that HLSW is capable of remote admining UDK based games as well but not sure what needs to be done Dev wise: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5229 with links so that you can check them out.

So, can yours do more that one MOTD or advertisements through out the game? How about a high ping kicker? Having the ability to limit every class would be even better. Setting up kickban and ban timers? Setting a game password without restarting the server? Even better if id could do a list of admins so that you dont have to log in as admin and cannot be kicked from your own server. I have a huge list of things that I am hopeful you could set up.

I will be checking and testing this. Congrats on the work thus far, please please continue and add more features!

Thanks!

Those suggestions are great and I did totally overlook the lack of remote administration for this game. I’ll definitely look into adding a remote UI and console although if you say HLSW is close to supporting that they’d probably do a slightly better job than I would, but I could get the essentials done which would be better than nothing.

The next version should be here tomarrow US Eastern time. These things will be added (some from your list):

• All classes can have limits

• Periodic advertisements

• An actual working Motd

• Ping limit that will give a client a configurable (default 30) amount of seconds to be over the specified ping before being kickbaned for that round.

• Executable from the command line

There was a few of your suggestions I wasn’t sure what you meant. You want a list of admins that will automatically be registered as admins when they join without a message or anything? I can do that. The game password thing will have to come later because as of now there isn’t a way to add console commands and I don’t have a solid mechanism for doing so. I may have to resort to chat commands.

Whatever else you want to see, let me know here or through PM. I’m glad you like it.

@WARSAW:

Let me correct my self, it does show that ppl and bots are rapid firing the bow and each time u click fire while u are drawing it back, however whoever is looking at u sees u rapid fire but no arrow is actually fired till u have full draw and release it like normal, but each click of ur mouse while drawn does take away ammo, I sure hope this gets fixed soon cause my server has sum awesome action going on and ppl are luving this matrix server,but the ability to be able to fire the bow faster is holding back my progress on tricking the whole game out.
    So basically right now the animation is showing its faster but it isnt any faster and it takes ur ammo like it is faster.

Yeah, this is because config values need to be pushed to the client so that they match the servers. I recommend we suggest this to the devs for 2 main reasons. First, it’ll let them remove the *.ini file lock they have and it’ll prevent some types of hacking. Second, it’ll let server owners have a lot of control over weapon/class stats and probably a few other things which could result in some interesting gameplay.

All that must be done is serverside weapon “config” variables need to be replicated to the client at least once, probably when they first spawn.

• I’m curious, can you do anything mutator wise for those server owners with hosts that only allow them to upload files and edit command lines?

• Well with AOC and the HL2 engine using sourcemod, there was an cfg file where you could put clan member’s or admin’s steam id and thus they were given admin commands when they logged into the server instead of having to login every map. There was also admin levels that you could give powers to some and not to others. Example: a lower level admin could not kick or ban a higher level admin.

I tried to get in contact with HLSW about supporting Chiv but got no response. I know that HLSW does support some UDK based games but I have no idea how to go about it since there is no real server rcon other than the in game adminlogin.

Some other ideas would be: (some are used for admin punishment or to get their attention)
    move a player to spec
    move a player to the other team
    f10 a player
    burn a player
    give player a numbered amount of health or armor (we used to give one player 1000 health and who ever killed him got to be him. It was like all VS 1 and a total blast)
    gravity a player instead of the whole map
    freeze a player (if that is even possible in this game)
    show damage numbered amount given and received
    server ranking system so that the server ranks players on their own server
    turn player into the king or even a peasant
    Possible spawn of UDK monsters with A.I.?

I am very excited that you are working on this and hopefully the links I gave you can show you other admin commands from other games that I may have missed.

• what happened to u slight? hows this project going?

• Class and maxping limits have already been updated by the devs into the server files….

There would be no need to continue this. If anything, start a new project solely for MOTD/periodic message spam.

• sure there is, ie: how complicated the admining options r, and what we do have is all in ini files, which most ppl have no idea what to do with, slight has a great idea for a server manager, which makes editing stuff easy and that should of come with the game!!