New Skill? Disarmement/Breaking Weapons & Battering Rams

• I don’t know how this would work out, but maybe it would work very well for archers and men-at-arms.
    for men at arms, maybe if they weren’t blocking with a shield they could disarm with like, the middle mouse button. Or some special thing? Maybe if they didn’t have shields they could disarm. Or Once they parry, they can disarm!

With breaking weapons, it would probably be most effective for a javelin. But I do not see this realisticly, as this would be too much to input in the game. Like if someone tried to stab you in the game with a javelin, if you side-stepped and cut the javelin in half.

Battering rams, how are they countered? You ask. You need people to man them. They can’t do anything else (The people manning them) And they are open to archers on the castle walls. But once it reaches the gate, bam!

I guess this is all too much. Please correct me if any of these are already implemented to the game.

• Looks cool I would like to broke shields, or broke swords. Instead of desarming why not add a feature to cut the enemy hands.

• Well disarming… I don’t really see how it would work and be balanced / realistic and would rather see it left out :P, and about battering rams Id assume that would be more map correlated considering some age of chivalry maps had battering rams I don’t see why the new game won’t.

• Why not use ideeas from other games, I play Red orchestra, in Red orchestra there is a very cool Disarmement method, first you need to fire in the enemy weapon , or shoot it from his hands. Why not add such a feature to AOC too, like for classes who use blunt weapons, so that they can stun the enemies, if a blunt weapon hits you in the arm the weapon you would be disarmed, or for the swords would be cool to cut the enemy arms, so that they can’t use the weapon in theyr hands.

• Why not use ideeas from other games, I play Red orchestra, in Red orchestra there is a very cool Disarmement method, first you need to fire in the enemy weapon , or shoot it from his hands. Why not add such a feature to AOC too, like for classes who use blunt weapons, so that they can stun the enemies, if a blunt weapon hits you in the arm the weapon you would be disarmed, or for the swords would be cool to cut the enemy arms, so that they can’t use the weapon in theyr hands.

• Yeah disarm the ennemy or destroy his weapons with an arbitrary combination of keys so that he just becomes plainly useless to his team and pretty much can’t do anything except being a shield arrow or simply die and respawn with useful stuff.

I am pretty sure you can’t get other weapons in the game than those you spawn with for balance purpose (imagine a knight with crossbow, warhammer, shield and dagger), so you just actually strip a player’s ability to play, how is that funny ?

• The creator(s) dont wanna see winners have advantages, so maybe instead of them being disarmed the whole game it would leave just a short window, where they would have to fight with their fists. I think it might be a good idea to implement a “wear-iness” bar, where the longer you fought, the longer you took to swing and the easier you can get disarmed. This might not be suited for normal combat, but the bar takes place when you miss a swing, the bar goes up. 3 swings, then you achieve a new level of “wear-iness.” You are more vulnerable. Tired. I think this fits well with the lore. If you are more lightly armored, (the reason I don’t put classes is because armor will be customizable)
    then it takes more swings to get you tired. And you would be able to disarm more easily.

But alas, it takes too long to implement this. My wishes, done.

• …maybe a short window animation like in Dark Souls; a parry gives you a short window to riposte/un arm. A player would then have to have a dive ability and a quick get up (double tap up) to pick up their weapon (assuming they don’t have a dagger or short sword as an alternative) to be fair… that is if they don’t get got lunging for their weapon.

Remember in Samurai Showdown you can loose your weapon and get it back…something like that?

Or you can click “`” and type “unequip” in the console.

• While the game is still being tested I believe experimenting with a sort of dis-arm system may result in something straight out of the movies… or it with be a train wreck that will leave some classes over powered. either way props to RA for having knowledge of excellent games!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdB9pOHgLR8