My view of current archery

• _I do not think archers are OP.

I do not think archery is that hard.

I did have games where I did very well as an archer._

That said I´m only gonna say that right now archery is NOT USER FRIENDLY. Here are the reasons:

When drawing a bow you cannot cancel the drawing until it´s ready to fire and that makes it very annoying for self-defense.
    There is a bug when sometimes you cannot move with your bow charged and you have to cancel it and restart drawing.
    When throwing javelins there is a significant delay until the spear is thrown, again, very frustrating.
    After you´ve thrown the javelin you cannot block for a while, again very frustrating.
    Crossbows do not do enough damage. I think at least the heavy crossbow should one-shot vanguards and bring knights to at least 1 HP. The biggest frustration is to hit and not get the kill.

So as I said above: archery is not hard, it´s just not user friendly.

Suggestions

1) Drop weapon button - you can press a button to drop your bow / crossbow in order to quickly pull out your secondary. You can grab your weapon later but others cannot.

2) Holding your bow charged - Instead of keeping the pressure with your left finger on your LMB you can simply click once to draw the bow and then click again to fire. This would make shooting much more convenient.

3) Pavise shield - Cannot break when a projectile hits it. Makes no sense why it should break.

• i like archery and i think its cool though u just have to control it ;)

• While I do think that archers have the potential to be over-powered: I think there needs to be an option to “lower” or “put away” your bow, after you’ve drawn and arrow, without having to wait. TF2 does this well, and Chiv desperately needs it.

• Archers are like the ultimate target class to me.

I feel like the other classes just push them around sort of. 8-)

• I play an archer 20% of the time and I find it hard to hit anything.

I don’t think archers should do more damage but should be able to defend themselves better.

• @gregcau:

I play an archer 20% of the time and I find it hard to hit anything.

I don’t think archers should do more damage but should be able to defend themselves better.

If it’s 1 on 1 I usually can survive as an archer 75% of the time due to his faster strikes and movement. I’ve diced up my fair share of Vanguards and Knights so far…… Defense isn’t so bad when factoring in his range abilities.

• Solution: Make archery much harder with no crosshair and being able to see the projectile clearly :D