Bullying Archers

• Bullying Archers, has always been the Vanguard’s calling in Chivalry.

When a Vanguard ascends to such greatness, he equipts the Zweihander and seeks to terrorize and butcher Archers who think they are all safe, cowering behind the platemail of their knights and Vanguards.

The Zweihandering Vanguard, puts the fear into Archers that… they are not safe, and that they can no longer fire their projectiles with impunity!
    :berz: :cheers: :arm:

IwuNBKYDr8Y

• So what happens when they one shot you for being a Vanguard, or beat you in melee since you’re using a terrible weapon and they’re using cudgel?

Regardless, it’s just fun watching the worst class kill the best class.

• Maul wielding knight is better than zweihander vanguard… Sorry. I do like zweihander, though!

• @SOC:

So what happens when they one shot you for being a Vanguard, or beat you in melee since you’re using a terrible weapon and they’re using cudgel?

Wait, which is which?

• @SOC:

So what happens when they one shot you for being a Vanguard, or beat you in melee since you’re using a terrible weapon and they’re using cudgel?

I take it, you think Vanguards are a bit underpowered as of now, and Archers reign supreme?
    This is of course, the best archers, and the best Vanguards?

• Part of the problem with all the LMB spam small weapon wielding people running around is, that type of game play doesn’t burn nearly enough stamina.

• @Yarnu:

@SOC:

I take it, you think Vanguards are a bit underpowered as of now, and Archers reign supreme?
    This is of course, the best archers, and the best Vanguards?

The best archers eat the best vanguards for breakfast. Archers are born to kill Vanguards.

• I fell just plain old bad for archers sometimes.

When I see them, I get this itch to just fuck their world up fight them.

And it’s really cute to watch them draw a dagger to fight me. I like that part. 8-)

• @Unit:

I fell just plain old bad for archers sometimes.

And it’s really cute to watch them draw a dagger to fight me. I like that part. 8-)

Rofl milord, my thoughts exactly! :P

• Sometimes I feel sorry for archers and spare their lives (this is very rare, I am usually a cold heartless bastard). So I’ll look straight at them, stop, and go after someone else… A few seconds later they look straight at me, draw their stupid bow, and shoot me. Reminds me to never spare an archer…

• @Slaughtervomit:

Sometimes I feel sorry for archers and spare their lives (this is very rare, I am usually a cold heartless bastard). So I’ll look straight at them, stop, and go after someone else… A few seconds later they look straight at me, draw their stupid bow, and shoot me. Reminds me to never spare an archer…

haha I know what you mean bro. I generally, just start spamming the voice commands. Especially the Taunts, Laughs and the Kill the Archers! That, induces emotions for thy archer to soil his pants!

• @Yarnu:

@Slaughtervomit:

Sometimes I feel sorry for archers and spare their lives (this is very rare, I am usually a cold heartless bastard). So I’ll look straight at them, stop, and go after someone else… A few seconds later they look straight at me, draw their stupid bow, and shoot me. Reminds me to never spare an archer…

haha I know what you mean bro. I generally, just start spamming the voice commands. Especially the Taunts, Laughs and the Kill the Archers! That, induces emotions for thy archer to soil his pants!

Panties*

• Its like snipers in FPS.

Bad archers/snipers are a liability and there is a steep learning curve

Once they’re accurate though they’re an absolute nightmare and there is not a lot you can do about it. (yah I zig zag, take cover etc.) I’ve been headshot before by those 14:3 KD ratio archers whilst running and zig zagging plenty of times (or worse stunlocked in melee then chopped to bits).

I do agree with the view that they’re an integral part of the game (let alone medieval warfare) so not sure what can be done about it, since the imbalance is caused purely by the user’s skill not any inherent properties IMO.

• I agree with everything OP said. 90% of my playtime is Vanguard. Archers are my bane, and I am theirs. I nodded in acknowledgement when the author of the video described the immersion created from doing overheads with Zweihander on archers. If I may add something to the art of archer harassment, smoke pot can be very effective, especially in throneroom.

I think archers are made so that we enjoy killing them. Their puny sounds and looks really invites to aggressive play :D edit: And don’t forget: Archers are the only class that have their own voice taunt “oh the bravery of being out of range… kill the archer!” inviting them to be targeted.

The archer hunting is usually very viable in public servers, as there are far between the competent archers.

• Because I play MAA I spend 90% of my time hunting down archers on team objective matches. Some of them get really pissed off at me and that’s how I know I’m doing a good job. There are some extremely talented archers out there though that I have problems sneaking up on and can beat me with their daggers, but I welcome the challenge. It’s nothing personal though because I don’t mind archers. Except those that steal my kills in FFA.

• Glad to see everyone agrees that Archers are deservant of the blade, and make for great fun-times for killing on Chivalry!

• @GhoXen:

The best archers eat the best vanguards for breakfast. Archers are born to kill Vanguards.

haha exactly. I kinda laughed at the “Archers hate Vanguards” part.

No, Archers LOVE Vanguards! NO shield, usually runs in straight lines or busy swinging allover the place, paying no attention to their surroundings, nice and squishy, uber slow, wide sweeping weapons that makes it so easy to chop the person up with the sabre or daggers etc… <3

It is Knights that archers hate, ones who bring gigantic shields and take about a million arrows to kill hehe.

• @Yarnu:

@Unit:

I fell just plain old bad for archers sometimes.

Rofl milord, my thoughts exactly! :P

Now that i think about it, I also love that moment, right after you ninja past an arrow they’ve fired, and you both know there’s no time to fire another arrow.

I can just imagine that last second, “I’m about to have my face collapsed like a balloon,” thought that passes through their mind. 8-)

• @BobT36:

@GhoXen:

haha exactly. I kinda laughed at the “Archers hate Vanguards” part.

No, Archers LOVE Vanguards! NO shield, usually runs in straight lines or busy swinging allover the place, paying no attention to their surroundings, nice and squishy, uber slow, wide sweeping weapons that makes it so easy to chop the person up with the sabre or daggers etc… <3

It is Knights that archers hate, ones who bring gigantic shields and take about a million arrows to kill hehe.

Naw man, knights are easy. An MaA that knows how to play is an archer’s nightmare. Should a vanguard or knight run up on a competent archer, they’ll get outmelee’d by the sheer speed of the cudgel. However, you’re at a huge disadvantage in melee when an MaA runs up on your ass.

• I also find knights pretty easy as an archer: three cudgel overheads with maybe a kick if you missed the head and they drop; only one or two if you’ve already shot them. It really is the MAA that I dread in melee, as they have an edge on me in every category in which I’d normally have a advantage over a heavier class: faster footwork, the option of fast projectiles or shields, superior armor, and rapid weapons, on top of dodge. Ick.

Vanguards can be hard to melee (at least the cautious ones are; the ones that underestimate you go down even more easily than knights). If they have good footwork and are cautious about their swings, getting in tight can be tricky, but at the very least I can usually stall them and/or drag the fight back towards an ally if I’m outmatched. Once they’re preoccupied with a proper melee class, I can pull out the bow and shoot them in the ribs from 5 paces. ^__^