New Server Admin Commands/Options

• Dear Chivalry community, and particularly server admins/operators:

What kinds of admin functions would you most like to see added to the game, in terms of things that you find necessary or important (e.g.; the ability to ban a player temporarily instead of permanently, as opposed to the ability to spawn zombie peasants)?

• Essential Additions

Ability to execute server commands from the console. EXTREMELY important.
    Make server chat and connects/disconnects display in the server console.
    Ability to chat from the console.

Reserved slots! This is an absolute must, even for non-paid servers, so that admins can get in when they’re needed (though console chat should prevent this somewhat).

Instead of an admin password, an admin list that allows everybody in that list to operate as an admin.

Admin announcements displayed centre screen. (Like in TF2, CS, HL2, L4D etc. etc.) This will mean messages are instantly recognisable as from an admin and things like “server now restarting” or something, are much easier to see.

Steam names displayed instead of only IP addresses.

Temporary bans, permanent bans, account bans, IP bans. Basically a whole lot of customisable banning stuff!

A single configuration file with the most common options in them.
    e.g. server name, admin list, votekick options, map list, map duration, ports used, etc.
    All the other server options are not even used, and just make things cluttered and confusing.

Ability to only mute a play (both text and voice) rather than just ban/kick them.

Non-essential Additions

A server GUI or web admin. While I’m not fond of making things “noob friendly” so that you don’t have a whole bunch of rubbish servers, this feature is handy for quick administration.

A moderator level that allows a customisable amount of commands. Basically a ranking system really,that allows custom ranks to be created (Donator, moderator, administrator etc.)

• I don’t have a server, nor do I admin one… I would love to see some servers have the options for infinite ammo with ranged weapons like javs,pots,knives,axes,ect.!

• The one with the zombie peasants! Now I’m all excited feeling! GODDAMNIT! 8-)

• Good suggestions KingArthur!

@KingArthur:

Ability to execute server commands from the console. EXTREMELY important.

You can already execute server commands from the console… which commands are you specifically referring to?

@KingArthur:

Ability to chat from the console.

say message to say to everyone

Unless you mean like an admin broadcast feature. I think that would be useful.

@KingArthur:

Temporary bans, permanent bans, account bans, IP bans. Basically a whole lot of customisable banning stuff!

Can already do permanent bans. Admin kicking also has a temp ban associated with it that you can configure in the .ini’s.

@KingArthur:

Ability to only mute a play (both text and voice) rather than just ban/kick them.

There is muting already, but it doesn’t do text. It needs some work.

• A way to set max pings on server.

• Coming from CS and TF2 servers I would say alot of RCON commands that they currently have are important.

1. Ability to give admins certain privileges.
    Ex. Clan members have the ability to change maps. Officers have ability to ban/kick players and owner of server has full access of server and giving admin rights.

2. Set server announcements
    Ex. To promote a community, server admins would like to put announcements like “We are recruiting. Check out our websites, our teamspeak, etc.”

3. Admin reserved slots in server
    Ex. Right now as an admin if your server is full, you can’t even kick someone to join because you are not in the server, so you are locked out of your own server…

4. Ability to set server limits like # of classes restriction, ability to set 24/7 arena maps, etc.

5. Admin messaging to server so they can warn players before they kick/ban and also announce to all players on servers special events/etc

Eventually I would like to see all admin power that you see in Counter-Strike and Team Fortress 2.

• @ReMixx:

You can already execute server commands from the console… which commands are you specifically referring to?

I believe he’s talking about a remote console, so that you don’t have to be in Chivalry and connected to your server to admin it.

• @SlyGoat:

@ReMixx:

I believe he’s talking about a remote console, so that you don’t have to be in Chivalry and connected to your server to admin it.

Well, on Windows when you launch UDK.exe a black console windows appears. This is what most people refer to as the console. The other thing is called “the in-game console”. On Linux, the server is launched inside the Terminal, which is also sometimes referred to as the console.

So yeah, what SlyGoat said basically.

What’s the point in being an admin of a server, if you have to be in-game to execute commands? If you ever ran a Minecraft server, then I’m basically talking about the way it handles commands.

• @ReMixx:

@KingArthur:

There is muting already, but it doesn’t do text. It needs some work.

(both text and voice)

There’s no point in only having the option to mute somebody in voice, if they’re spamming/trolling/whatever in the text-chat as well. So yeah, I was referring specifically to the ability of having both options.

• #1 Punish players by dropping all their weapons and forcing them to fight with fists

#2 Being able to make someone into a King (this would be awesome)

#3 Easy way to change gravity, just like in CS 1.6 where you typed sv_gravity (X). PLEASE make this happen ^

#4 Restrict weapons and amount of classes per game (for example max 2 archers)

#5 Change the speed of the game. I’ve seen this on other servers but it’s rather difficult to search in alllll the endless .ini files. A command to change the game speed in the console would be both handy aswell as fair and balanced.

thank you for reading my wish list of admin commands. I Also agree and support all the other suggestions people have made here already.

• @KingArthur:

There’s no point in only having the option to mute somebody in voice, if they’re spamming/trolling/whatever in the text-chat as well. So yeah, I was referring specifically to the ability of having both options.

There is an adminforcetextmute or something similar. It doesn’t work at the moment though. Like I was saying, mute needs work… this is on the to-do list.

• @-Thylacine-:

#5 Change the speed of the game. I’ve seen this on other servers but it’s rather difficult to search in alllll the endless .ini files. A command to change the game speed in the console would be both handy aswell as fair and balanced.

The console command for changing server speed is aoc_slomo with a value between .01 and 2, i.e. 1% to 200%.

• Hi,I was wondering if any mutators listed in the pcserverudk game ini file were aplicable at the moment and how do u go about using them,
    For example im running a matrix low grav server with extra ammo on everything and way way way faster arrow speeds as well as faster speeds for all classes, just to name a few of the changes,
    Since the bow draw and reload cant be edited and pushed to the client at the moment this mutator named

[UTMutator_SuperBerserk UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
    ClassName=UTGame.UTMutator_SuperBerserk

This might do the trick for me for the time being untill the devs fix the server to client push
    Any help is much appreciated, also ppl are loving this server and what im modding on it,so this would really let me go all out and accomplish what im trying to do.
    If sum1 knows how to do this via the target line of the dedicated server or whatever pls let me know

• @WARSAW:

Hi,I was wondering if any mutators listed in the pcserverudk game ini file were aplicable at the moment and how do u go about using them,
    For example im running a matrix low grav server with extra ammo on everything and way way way faster arrow speeds as well as faster speeds for all classes, just to name a few of the changes,
    Since the bow draw and reload cant be edited and pushed to the client at the moment this mutator named

[UTMutator_SuperBerserk UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]
    ClassName=UTGame.UTMutator_SuperBerserk

This might do the trick for me for the time being untill the devs fix the server to client push
    Any help is much appreciated, also ppl are loving this server and what im modding on it,so this would really let me go all out and accomplish what im trying to do.
    If sum1 knows how to do this via the target line of the dedicated server or whatever pls let me know

Those are left in from the Unreal Tournament example that comes with the UDK. At the moment, you cannot use “mutators”. I also doubt that those mutator scripts were included.

• I few things as a pretty new admin that I feel is lacking… But over all love the game xD

• Admin announcements that show in the center of the screen. People don’t take you seriously if you don’t look like the admin.

• Limiting the amount of a certain class on each team.

• Max ping auto kick

• Admin white listing, I can just put the username that I want to have admin when they get on the server.

• Reserved slots or at least a way to log in as the admin and run commands when not connected to the server.

• Team Damage ricochet, instead of turning it off - make people learn to not hit teammates by reflecting friendly damage to them.

• Fix the idling kick bug, i’ve seen the server empty because it kicked everyone off the server that was dead and in the spectator mode (its turned off now and the lobby idlers are back )

• Make the switching teams command like the adminkick command that gives a list of players and you confirm which player you want. As it stands any name with weird characters or spaces doesn’t work when I type it in.

But these things don’t take away from the game TOO much they just make our lives a little harder at times. Thanks for the great game and hope this feedback can be of use.

• Everything Epic Tuna said.

• Take a look at SourceMod as an example of a solid server administration tool.

Top issues/needs in no particular order:

• Fix the server misreporting in the server browser. A server with 0 players that displays as full obviously does not attract new players to join.

• Clearly visible admin messages. We need to make sure we can inform and warn players, and that they will see the messages.

• MOTD displayed when client joins server. Used to display server rules and announcements and more importantly to direct players to our sites/communities.

• Reserved slots. This is pretty significant. We need our admins to be able to get into our servers in order to take care of issues. This also helps some of us to keep the lights on by allowing players to donate for a reserved slot.

• Admin whitelist (preferably with a hierarchy). Much preferred to a single password for all admins. If I have multiple admins and need to get rid of one I then have to change the password and distribute to all. With a whitelist I could simply remove them from the list.

• Maplist/mapvotes. Players should not be able to vote for maps that are not in the maplist on the server. If I am running a TO only server, I don’t want FFA running on it. Additionally, it would be nice to have a map rotation as well as a separate list of maps that can be voted.

• Class limits.

• Admin anonymity. Currently a message is displayed to everyone when you login as an admin. I’d like for players to not know who the admins are for two main reasons. First, they tend to not misbehave if they know an admin is around and may do so when they know there is not an admin on. Second, it tends to alter the way players relate to you.

Lastly, it would be great if there was an admin menu to pull up in game that had all available functions. Keep the console commands as well for flexibility, but a menu is convenient and efficient.

• Global Moderator

Team damage is part of the game. Don’t make it richochet. Yelling at team mates for team killing is good enough. Or use a votekick.

The votekick should be just a console command again. No one abused it when it was that way.

• @Epic:

• Make the switching teams command like the adminkick command that gives a list of players and you confirm which player you want. As it stands any name with weird characters or spaces doesn’t work when I type it in.

This. Sounds simple to implement. I have used too much time switching players with weird names.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.