So Presenting the most popular new class!

• Berserker: Armor: meduin or Heaviest. Primary: Throwing wpns (axe, knives, sling (new)). Secondaries: 1handers (vanguard armory). Speed: Knight speed. Skill: Wrecker: Any successful hit scored on an enemy reduces their stamina. Role: A short-mid ranged dmg dealer. Useful at mid range skirmishes while being mobile. The knives have the fastest recovery. The axes have the most power, and the sling has the most range. The Berserker is great for team support especially against fleeing or approaching enemies. The axe, knife, and sling ammo count is 15, 11, and 13 respectively. Because the berserkers idea range is closer to the enemy, he gets more armor at the expense of mobility. All of his attacks recover faster than the archers making for an interesting mix of range and power when approach enemies or defending. Meatier than archers, berserkers aren’t focused on leaving the battle.

This is in reference to my old post of classes found here http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7087

He was the one that I had the least bit of naysaying for. People are actually interested in a class focused on throwing weapons while being more mobile, but not being so squishy. One thing I found a lot of people saying is how it add another layer of combat in the mid range battle to bridge the gap between bows and javelins since crossbow are more like sniper rifles than anything else. Beyond the skill having to be tweaked, I believe he is the simplest class of my suggestions to implement (save for coming up with more variations of throwing weapons). Perhaps he can be merged with the javeliner as a stand alone class.

Thoughts?

• That image looks more fantasy than Middle Ages. No.

• People are actually interested in a class focused on throwing weapons while being more mobile, but not being so squishy

So, basically an overpowered archer using the much faster throwing weaponry, and deals good damage?

Sounds a touch… unbalanced, lets go with that :P

• Global Moderator

Not very balanced. And berserkers are the ones that cut through enemy lines historically. In close combat. They would lose all sense of emotion and would cut down anyone including their comrades if they got in the way.

While I get accused of being a hacker with throwing axes I still only use them when I approach enemy’s and finish them off if they are still alive.

And that picture is bad. Berserkers also come from up north with the Vikings. THe Germanic people in the ancient times also had berserkers. They wernt called berserkers but had the exact same ideology behind them.

• The berserker is already in the game, known as the maul wielding knight.

• @poiuasd:

The berserker is already in the game, known as the maul wielding knight.

I thought berserkers were known as vanguard slash spammers xD

• I like it. As for balance, obviously they would balance it.

• A class that is stronger in Midrange than an Archer and as strong in Melle as the others….
    Are you insane…

We allready have a Class that fills that role, its the Javelir , and it sacrificed something to have this ability.
    Throwing Axes are allready OP , while Bows got Nerf a bit their attack speed is still insane.
    Belive me, you could not defeat a player that has 999 throwing Axes in a Duell.

I think you could build a Berserker around the ability to use weapon in a differnt way.
    Lets say they push a button and the next attack changes from overhead to uppercut , swing comes from other side , stabs become that thing only daggers can do

• ^next patch introduces the ability to start swinging from the left for example, right?

• Global Moderator

@poiuasd:

^next patch introduces the ability to start swinging from the left for example, right?

Yes it starts with the second part of a normal combo. It affects overhands too.

With the pole axes for the vanguard holding alt while doing an overhand means it does the underhand attack. Very sneaky that attack. Though not as sneaky as I is currently as the second part of the combo. People think its the momentum carrying th weapon back and windup for a swing and end up getting their arm lopped off from the uppercut swing.

Its a shame that real people learn.

• Just have the berserker be like its real life counterpart, a fur wearing buff motherfucker. Fast Damage output, fast stamina drain+regen, no defense against projectiles.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_I8j7G62GmE0/T … serker.jpg
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§i … 20#/d6o8o2

• This wouldn’t work, berserkers used fear and their own rage to win, they hurt themselves in a lot of ways to feel more rage, also as lemonater47 said even their own comrades feared them.

In a game there is no fear factor at all, if a guy with no armor comes running at me im not going to run back to the spawn scared like a little child, im gonna parry his strike and kill him in 1 or 2 hits probably because he has no armor.

• @Metrocop:

This wouldn’t work, berserkers used fear and their own rage to win, they hurt themselves in a lot of ways to feel more rage, also as lemonater47 said even their own comrades feared them.

In a game there is no fear factor at all, if a guy with no armor comes running at me im not going to run back to the spawn scared like a little child, im gonna parry his strike and kill him in 1 or 2 hits probably because he has no armor.

I don’t think berserkers used fear as their main weapon. They used intimidation, yes, but the berserker would induce an insane blood rage before going into battle either by drugging himself or binge drinking on alcohol. Berserker were insanely resilient to damage during the rage epsiode, and they dealt a huge amount of damage too. Hell the berserkers were so effective that the royals had to ban the practice of berserker because young berserkers would challenge nobles to duel for their belongings (Land, women, money, etc.) and win, leaving the noble or his champion dead and broke.

Also having no armor and being an enraged buff mofo, i’m pretty sure the attacks would be fast and the movement speed will be fast. Which would be irritating as hell to deal with ingame.

• well , in a “juggernaut” game mode yes it would be nice but in standard TO matches , we already have VG mowing everything down in their path( friends and foes ) .we dont really need a bigger threat …

• That picture pretty much ruined it for me. 8-)

I think it left a scar in my mind.

• @Unit:

That picture pretty much ruined it for me. 8-)

I think it left a scar in my mind.

The picture does really kill the feel of a berserker. It’s just a “Warhammer sized” disproportionate ball of metal. Who knows how a person would move in that thing.

Unless you’re talking about the viking berserker? If yes, then get out of my sight milk drinker!

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.