Unplayable FPS

• I play this game and it works pretty bad but its playable about 30-40 FPS. My friend is trying to play but his FPS is going between 5-7 (100% GPU Load). He should be having no trouble because he usually plays games at a much higher setting than me like Skyrim and the star wars MMO. Here are his specs

CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X4 910
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4350
    Model: NY553AA-ABA e9220y

When I set the game to the lowest resolution I get 60 FPS and around 60% GPU useage. When he tries the same he gets 12 FPS and 100% GPU useage.

• @casper5632:

I play this game and it works pretty bad but its playable about 30-40 FPS. My friend is trying to play but his FPS is going between 5-7 (100% GPU Load). He should be having no trouble because he usually plays games at a much higher setting than me like Skyrim and the star wars MMO. Here are his specs

CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X4 910
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4350
    Model: NY553AA-ABA e9220y

When I set the game to the lowest resolution I get 60 FPS and around 60% GPU useage. When he tries the same he gets 12 FPS and 100% GPU useage.

Are his specs the same as yours? I feel like that’s what you are implying…

• Oh no sorry for the confusion. I have an AMD FX-6100 and Nvidia GTS 450. I just feel like he should be getting much better performance.

• @casper5632:

Oh no sorry for the confusion. I have an AMD FX-6100 and Nvidia GTS 450. I just feel like he should be getting much better performance.

Your processor is better than his. This game is heavily CPU bound and the older Phenom II’s don’t perform that well with it :(

Just out of curiosity, if you add “-useallavailablecores” as a launch parameter to the game through Steam, is there any performance improvement?

• Tried it any there wasn’t any change in FPS.

• @casper5632:

Tried it any there wasn’t any change in FPS.

Okay. I didn’t have my hopes up on it :(

• He cant play it at all. I cant imagine our CPU is that different when he is usually playing on higher settings than me for every other game.

• @casper5632:

He cant play it at all. I cant imagine our CPU is that different when he is usually playing on higher settings than me for every other game.

Does he have the latest drivers…? It would behoove you both to post his DxDiag.txt.

• I believe so

• From the DxDiag.txt for his video card:

Driver Date/Size: 6/1/2011 01:01:34, 795648 bytes

The latest Catalyst driver for his card looks to be 7/24/2012. Please download the latest driver from AMD’s website (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w … sta64.aspx for US/ENG).

• Ah he seems to be having the same problem I used to be having with my AMD card. When he updates his drivers CCC doesn’t start up automatically and it wont start up manually. This problem also seemed to nullify the drivers that you installed with it.

• @casper5632:

Ah he seems to be having the same problem I used to be having with my AMD card. When he updates his drivers CCC doesn’t start up automatically and it wont start up manually. This problem also seemed to nullify the drivers that you installed with it.

Were you able to fix that issue? Are his drivers up to date now? Is the game performance problem solved? :?

• Dxdiag now shows the updated drivers but there is still no improvement in chivalry. He is getting better performance in other games now though. But his FPS in chivalry still wont go over about 7 frames.

• The unfortunate truth is that his card is a quarter as powerful as the minimum requirements. The minimum requirement for the video card is an Nvidia 8800 GT which scores roughly around 10,000-12,000 in the 3DMark06 synthetic benchmark (http://www.legitreviews.com/article/603/10/). The Radeon HD 4350 scores around 3,500 (http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/har … 24_11.html).

Whereas the GTS 450 can score up to 20,000 in 3DMark06.