Can I Change Combat Too M&B Style?

• Is there a way too change the combat too mount and blade style.

When you look up and attack, you will do a overhead swing, when you look down you will do a thrust and just normal will do horizontal? I think this was already in the game in a previous version, but is there a way too change it back too it? I am fine with the normal scroll wheel attacks, but im just curious. Thanks!

• If you want M&B style combat, go play M&B. This game’s combat system (aside from the little annoying bugs) is great!

• I dont think you understood the question, but Mount and Blade was a horrible game, but warbands Combat was great, My question was, If i Could Change the Combat too what it use too be, not the new combat system, read the question next time

• @Bladezz:

I dont think you understood the question, but Mount and Blade was a horrible game, but warbands Combat was great, My question was, If i Could Change the Combat too what it use too be, not the new combat system, read the question next time

I did read the question… You’re asking if moving your mouse would make you do stabs overheads or horizontals based on where you’re looking? That sounds horrible.

• It depends on somebodys preference, you may not like it, but others might, so if you have nothing related to it, dont bother posting.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@Bladezz:

I dont think you understood the question, but Mount and Blade was a horrible game, but warbands Combat was great, My question was, If i Could Change the Combat too what it use too be, not the new combat system, read the question next time

I did read the question… You’re asking if moving your mouse would make you do stabs overheads or horizontals based on where you’re looking? That sounds horrible.

I don’t think you’ve played M&B since most players used the mouse to control swings. I preferred WASD controls and was in the minority.

Chivalry is a different game and the default controls are pretty solid in my opinion.

• I just don’t see it working with Chivalry’s combat system. Quit being so defensive about criticism.

Nothing related to it? You mean if I don’t agree, don’t bother posting?

I disagree strongly with this idea, that’s my input about this idea. No offense intended.

• facepalm again my question, Chivalry use too be mount and blade combat, as ive seen on youtube, as you hit where ever you aim your mouse, and my QUESTION was if you can CHANGE it BACK. If not, a nince No, i dont think so would be nice, instead of putting people down.

• I thank you for the opinion, i am having a bad day, and for that i am sorry, but is there someone who actually knows of a way, i dont need peoples opinions, this is just the way i want too play.

• As far as I know, there is no way to change the combat system to this style. (Answer you question?)

Hope you have a wonderful day! ;)

• Thank you, thats all i wanted.

• No problem dude. Sorry I pissed you off. I’m an asshole :lol: that’s what I do, I guess.

• Its fine, my dog died this morning. Its my fault.

• I don’t think Chivalry have ever had the M&B combat style. I just checked out some early footage from May 2011 and it was still as it is now. Perhaps you’re thinking about War of the Roses which does have a combat system quite similar to M&B?

• Dont worry i found out, Theres a mod that changes it.

• @Bladezz:

Dont worry i found out, Theres a mod that changes it.

Care to share it? I hate when people just post “Its ok I solved it” on different forums without explaining it, especially on threads with solving hardware/software issues.

I was actually going to suggest you looking on Autohotkey forums, its a small but very handy software similar to macros programs but more powerful, they use it for many things as well as to alter games (For example there was a script to put WASD control in diablo games instead of mouse clicking).

• No, Chivalry had never had the M&B mouse directional way to strike though I think it would work just fine.
    A mod that changes it could get interesting even more when the new patch comes out that includes alternative attacking directions.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.