[SOLVED] Pink screen

• Every time I load the game my screen is translucent pink. It stays pink even when I enter a server and start playing. It makes it very difficult to distinguish who’s who and it’s an awful color pink.

• I think you accidentally bough Paris Hilton Special Edition of the game.

• Oh wow, haha there’s obviously something graphically wrong there.

Can you attach your DXDiag log please? (Start > Run > Dxdiag > Save all Information)

• Sorry it took so long to respond. I updated my graphics drivers and everything worked well for a day. Game actually ran smoother than ever. Tried to launch the game today and the pink screen was back.

• I suppose you have an NVIDIA card, I just googled “nvidia pink screen” and there are a lot of fuss about it, blaming drivers/cable/overheating. You might want to search for it yourself.

• @Mastodon:

and it’s an awful color pink.

Agreed.

@Smiley:

I suppose you have an NVIDIA card, I just googled “nvidia pink screen” and there are a lot of fuss about it, blaming drivers/cable/overheating. You might want to search for it yourself.

I had the pink/purple screen of death with my GTX 280 last year. It didn’t look like this though.

Also, the game logo isn’t in pink. That’s the nifty part.

From your DxDiag.txt:

Current Mode: 1804 x 1014 (32 bit) (29Hz)

What the heck resolution and refresh rate is this?

• @ReMixx:

From your DxDiag.txt:

Current Mode: 1804 x 1014 (32 bit) (29Hz)
    ```What the heck resolution and refresh rate is this?

My monitor is a Vizio 32 in. LCD TV. That’s the resolution that best fits the screen. The refresh rate only has 3 options 27, 29, 30. I never changed it from default.

• @Smiley:

I suppose you have an NVIDIA card, I just googled “nvidia pink screen” and there are a lot of fuss about it, blaming drivers/cable/overheating. You might want to search for it yourself.

Best I can tell, I’m not having the problems these people are having. There are no crashes, nothing is overheating, and my case is clean inside. I can run Borderlands 2 with no issue and it uses the Unreal engine. I can run Planetside 2 with no issues outside the absolute largest, vehicle-spammiest battles. The issue is only with Chivalry and it wouldn’t stop me from playing, but it just makes everything pink and painful to look at.

• @Mastodon:

@Smiley:

Best I can tell, I’m not having the problems these people are having. There are no crashes, nothing is overheating, and my case is clean inside. I can run Borderlands 2 with no issue and it uses the Unreal engine. I can run Planetside 2 with no issues outside the absolute largest, vehicle-spammiest battles. The issue is only with Chivalry and it wouldn’t stop me from playing, but it just makes everything pink and painful to look at.

Yes, sorry, I didnt pay attention to the game logo being normal as said above, it must be game issue because of that. And you should try to set refresh rate to a round number like 30, I doubt it will fix this issue but might remove some in the feature.

• Try setting these launch properties in Steam (right click the game, select properties, then click Launch Properties):

-windowed -resX=1024 -resY=768

• @ReMixx:

Try setting these launch properties in Steam (right click the game, select properties, then click Launch Properties):

Now it’s windowed and pink.

• @Mastodon:

@ReMixx:

Try setting these launch properties in Steam (right click the game, select properties, then click Launch Properties):

Now it’s windowed and pink.

This is just bizarre. Do you have any other monitors or TVs to test it with?

• I think I fixed it. I had tried turning dynamic lights and light beams off for a performance increase on the 48+ player servers. The pink nightmare seems to result directly from those being off. Turned them back on and no more pink.

• Woah! Glad that it is fixed. Okay, marking this solved…