New gamemode: BLACK KNIGHT

• I think many of you remembered Monthy Python’s Holy Grail as soon as you saw the gameplay of Chivalry and the Black knight scene in particular (this one if you are a rare person not knowing it).

In Chivalry game you only loose limbs after death, but what if you could lose left arm or a leg and still fight? Im not sure if limbs could be taken off and the rest of the body be animated the usual way (I mean severed limbs could be behaving very odd if they are still remaining a part of animation), maybe they should be covered with transparent textures to make them properly disappear and then another one should be spawned on the ground so that it looks like limb was cut off.

Anyway the IDEA: FFA game mode type, where 1 random player on a start becomes a black knight (Vanguard with proper black kight texture on his body). People can only score points by killing the black knight or killing anybody as black knight. The black knight himself has 3-4 times more health than usual vanguard, but when it depleats to by 1/3 or 1/4 he first loses left arm (animation should still look fine as vanguards hold all weapons in right arm), then at 2/3 or 2/4 he loses second arm and his weapons are locked at fists only (yeah, he wont have arms but fist attacks could be interpreted as body slam or something) and lastly he loses his left leg and cannot sprint anymore.

Health would still regenerate as usual but not limbs.

Even if separate gamemode is too complicated I would still love to see people running around with some of their limbs missing. But I dont want to get myself into another game modding, its too time consuming to get familiar with, so if somebody already is up to it, I (and many others, Im sure) would be glad to have such fun and silly gameplay.

• Would be a good fun mode instead of competitive mode

• Maybe candy should fall out of him too. 8-)

• @Unit:

Maybe candy should fall out of him too. 8-)

You Sir, have my vote xD

• uhm how is a vanguard supposed to fight with one arm?XD serious question

if im able to offhand greatswords,

you have my sword!

• @Thorendir:

uhm how is a vanguard supposed to fight with one arm?XD serious question

if im able to offhand greatswords,

you have my sword!

Considering mod idea is silly an unrealistic by itself vanguards holding 2h sword in 1 arm wouldn’t look out of place. And they would hold that sword in 1 hand because 2h animation has both hands on the sword at all times.

• 1 handed zweihander. cool

• if the player had a flag on his back instead of new character model it would be easy to make.