A class that can dual wield weapons

• I would like to suggest a class possibly like the MAA which is fast and can dual wield, dual wielding yield low damage but high speed.

It would be nice to be able to pick up slain enemies weapons and dual wield them. Parrying with 2 weapons that form and X would look really cool.

• Maybe the option to duel wield 1 handed weapons, but not a new class for sure.
    My vote is no, this would reward even more the people who smash lmb.

• Dual wield zweihanders!

• I like the dual weapons!
    When I started to play the game and I saw the Man at arms, I thought that (Man at arms) can wear 1 sword in every hand, but depressently not!

I hope they implement it!

• Lets be honest if you want to dual wield you also want either

1)Hit with both weapons at the same time

That will kill Archers , Man at Arms , possibly Vanguards in one Strike
    Weapons that can currently do this have certain drawbacks.
    Are you satisfied if your dualwilded one-handers are gone behave like the maul?

2)Do fast alternating attacks

Could someone with a weapon of similar range ever hit you in between your attacks?
    Possibly Not
    What would your disadvantage be?
    Lower Dmg per hit maybe , but even if you can chain up attacks fast, one block should still end your combo and allow the opponent a chance to strike.
    The Problem is there are allready wepons with very low combo time like the cudgel with 0.525 sec
    And there are also the Daggers that are even faster and weak.

1. Use one weapon to block while the other attacks

Pretty Game breaking, Shildusers would also demand that ability
    Its like Godmod, no one will ever be able to attack in the range of your weapon

–-----------------
    I conclude that you cant bring them into the game without making some other weapons obsolete
    or do an total reballance

• Right now, the only class I think should be able to dual wield is the Javelineer - giving him the option to replace his buckler with a secondary weapon, so that he can parry instead of block and replace the shield punch attack with one of the attacks of the secondary weapon (Slash for hunting knife/saber, thrust for shortsword/thrusting dagger, overhead for broad dagger/saber); for those who want to play the javelineer with a more offensive melee kit instead of the using the shield.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Dual wield zweihanders!

Haha, haha, MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That sounds delicious. 8-)

• @SlyGoat:

Right now, the only class I think should be able to dual wield is the Javelineer - giving him the option to replace his buckler with a secondary weapon, so that he can parry instead of block and replace the shield punch attack with one of the attacks of the secondary weapon (Slash for hunting knife/saber, thrust for shortsword/thrusting dagger, overhead for broad dagger/saber); for those who want to play the javelineer with a more offensive melee kit instead of the using the shield.

I agree so much! Buckler sucks I hate hate hate it! I don’t like daggers, though… I would rather just have the jav only and use it to parry with. Basically turn it into a short version of spear that can be thrown somehow.

• @Slaughtervomit:

@SlyGoat:

Right now, the only class I think should be able to dual wield is the Javelineer - giving him the option to replace his buckler with a secondary weapon, so that he can parry instead of block and replace the shield punch attack with one of the attacks of the secondary weapon (Slash for hunting knife/saber, thrust for shortsword/thrusting dagger, overhead for broad dagger/saber); for those who want to play the javelineer with a more offensive melee kit instead of the using the shield.

I agree so much! Buckler sucks I hate hate hate it! I don’t like daggers, though… I would rather just have the jav only and use it to parry with. Basically turn it into a short version of spear that can be thrown somehow.

Parrying with the javelin just strikes me as strange.

If you don’t like daggers you can take the cudgel or a sword/saber.

• You know, an exclusively dual-wielding class is probably the best suggestion I’ve seen for a new class. How to implement dual wielding in a way that’s unique? No clue.

• With the new update, I think dual wielding would work smoothly. By default, the mouse acts as if you are fighting with only the weapon in your right hand. You cannot parry or attack with the offhand while doing so. When you held alt it would switch to your offhand weapon. Perhaps while doing so a special attack, I’m not sure how would be the best way execute it to make it a high risk/reward action though, that allows either a dual-stab, or dual-slash, or whatever.