Vanguard problems

• I played Chivalry for more than 70 hours now and the main problem I have noticed is the Vanguard class. The Vanguards are in my opinion way too powerfull. They hit faster than a Man at arms with their Longswords and Bardiches, have almost the health of a knight and run as fast as the man at arms.
    And there are also a few bugs I found:

• Vanguards with a spear can stab through your shield if close enough
    • The whole weapon does damage when hitting, but shouldn’t only the blade or the tip do damage?

I would be very pleased if Torn Banner could balance the game better with the Update comming late January. Because as it is at the moment, I can’t enjoy the game anymore.

Thanks for reading,
    Mevolon18

• MAA are like ninjas compared to vanguards… The only problem with vanguard attack speeds is halberd stab mostly… It’s near instant up close…

The problem you have might be that vanguards are starting their attacks before you, thus landing the blow before you.

• lol vanguards overpowered, health of knights…. wanna play those kind of vanguards really bad.

bout that speed: thats the chasin bonus as i call it. i think its when someone is wounded and trying to run away or sprinting takes time to reach highest speed.

you did realize that vanguards have the biggest helmet texture and (least) second tallest body texture?
    And the bigger textures dont only mean your easy to hit with ranged your also more vulnerable to melee trust me.
    @slaughtervomit yea your right i mentioned stuff like that before but noone really cares. Greatsword typed weapons are as far as i know swung as fast as a maul (lower windup tho). Bardyches and billhooks may prove tricky to overcome (if your new and fighting a slasher).
    VGs are archer bait no shields, and that pot is worth shit. its not like its blocking arrows.

edit: i mean a single hit, and the vanguard is on brink of death.

• @Slaughtervomit:

The problem you have might be that vanguards are starting their attacks before you, thus landing the blow before you.

This. This. This. 8-)

I play vanguard only pretty much. He has big weapons. They deal lots of damage.

I like that part.

• It’s funny because vanguards are by far the worst class of the four. Put about 500+ hours into the game before you say they’re way too powerful, please.

I can’t wait for vanguard buffs, and a better passive.

• @SOC:

It’s funny because vanguards are by far the worst class of the four. Put about 500+ hours into the game before you say they’re way too powerful, please.

Sire, what are your points exactly on this matter? You mentioned this earlier on another thread, about Vanguards being gimpy.

One point you did make, and I agree with is the Vanguard’s Special or Passive is a bit silly!

• @SOC:

It’s funny because vanguards are by far the worst class of the four. Put about 500+ hours into the game before you say they’re way too powerful, please.

A buff for the vanguard! Totally unnecessary, but whatever makes me rape harder! 8-)

• vanguards are just powerfull in FFA. They have a weakness to archers and other vangaurds. They are supposed to be the main assualt soldier.

and when has any two hander weapon been faster than a one hander. a good MAA can kill a vangaurd easy.

• When playing on a random team objective server I indeed found that the vanguard is op, I play maa but when I played vanguard I could easily make top score when following the simple rules do not use anything but slashes and do not block, Those where real handicaps at times but even then I could easily make it to first. However when playing with better teams like clans and such it is a lot less of a problem.

I think the main problem here is that most players never evolve beyond basic swings, as long as that is the case the ones with the biggest swings will dominate. Players just need to evolve an mass and I think that that will happen if the genre evolves, maybe the duel mode will offer opportunity to correct the ways and end up with a much better playerbase where the newbie vanguard does not dominate.

• I am able to kill a Vanguard with a MAA, because I think 50 of my 75 hours I played them.
    But the promblem is, that you pick the Vanguard and you are MVP in a few minutes. It is way too easy playing them. Getting used to the MAA needs training. Vanguards do not need that, you can just rush in and kill everyone. I think the Halberds shouldn’t be that fast, because they already do lots of damage and have the best range. I also played a round FFA with the spear. That was my FIRST TIME playing Vanguard and I just scrolled my mouse wheel up. I got 34 killes and 3 deaths, then I got votekicked. It would be cool, if the patch would nerf the speed of the Halberds a bit. I also think you shouldn’t be able to stab someone with a spear while standing directly in front of him.

• As someone who uses a halberd the stab speed could be taken down a little. It does do a lot of stab damage. But I find that most people do some really stupid stuff. The wind up after you have started your stab or they just walk around you as you stab them. Then they complain. Its like, use that right click. Don’t be an idiot and call the halberd OP.

And stabbing is always faster than swinging. I never start an attack if they are gonna stab me. If they are winding up for a swing I always stab. With any weapon.

And the halberds stab is still slower than any MMA attack.