Awesome Battle stories

• While playing this game I came across some awesome fights where I’m actually emotionally affected by it in one way or another. I’ve only had this with one other game before, Red Orchestra 1, so I’m quite happy this game has the same effect on me. The game doesn’t force you to have emotions by sad music or slow motion, the sheer brutality of it all sometimes makes me fell quite distraught.

During a LTS game on the arena map there was only one agatha knight left, he was cornered at the gate of his team, which was closed, with 7+ masons close to him and me running to it all. He was trying hard to block the attacks with his shield but he was about to die soon. I decided my best chance of getting that kill was to jump forward and do a swipe with my halberd. And indeed it worked, but I also beheaded a teammate. It was a huge mess of me hitting almost every single person there and then just laughing about the huge mess.

Another time in the map with the ruins me and some mason teammates entered a house on the agatha side to kill some archers but a man at arms showed up and it just turned into a big clusterfuck of everyone getting hit. I don’t know if it was even just a man at arms, I just know i killed someone who looked like one because it’s quite dark in that house. Either way, after some lucky hits and killing the man of arms I just stand there, some, if not all it’s hard to tell, of the masons survived too and walked out but damn, that was some heavy shit.

So what’s your battle stories?

• @Crusher_8000:

I decided my best chance of getting that kill was to jump forward and don a swipe with my halberd. And indeed it worked, but I also beheaded a teammate. It was a huge mess of me hitting almost every single person there and then just laughing about the huge mess.

Oh boy. You will get so much flame for this.

• @Don_Kanaille:

@Crusher_8000:

I decided my best chance of getting that kill was to jump forward and don a swipe with my halberd. And indeed it worked, but I also beheaded a teammate. It was a huge mess of me hitting almost every single person there and then just laughing about the huge mess.

Oh boy. You will get so much flame for this.

Well I actually try to be careful about my swings mostly, Since I usually use the Halberd I use the stab mostly, only as a last resort or if no teammate is near me do I swing it but that time it was such a clusterfuck that I was bound to hit teammates anyway. I only killed one teammate and it was the last agatha so it wasn’t that bad.

Either way, I made this thread for people to share their stories, not to get flamed.

• I get adrenaline rushes playing Chiv too sometimes. The best is if you are fighting 3+ people solo and you emerge victorious. Teams working together can get me pumped up too. We had a 6-7 knight shield wall protecting the king on a server last night and that was awesome. The masons finally started throwing fire towards the end, but even then they couldn’t get past our defenders.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.