Ideas for Balance and Weapon Uniqueness

• Swords/Halberds should get a % damage reduced mitigation for per person hit. So no LMB spam abuse and instagibbing 3 dudes with one swing if they have full health. For instance hitting 1 person gets 100% damage, while hitting a 2nd person in the same swing would reduce the value by 25% and the 3rd an additional 25%….these are just temporary numbers but could end up being anywhere from 5-25% per person hit.

Axes (blade part only should have this hitbox)- Ignore this damage reduced mitigation. So spam away…meaning if you swing an axe and the blade part does not reduce the %damage per enemy hit meaning it’s entirely possible to kill someone with 1 blow with a strong axe. This makes weapons types more unique.

Blunt weapons - Should cause some blurry vision if hit in the head. (dazed effect) Blunts should also drain stamina to shield tank blockers(more drain depending on how heavy the weapon is) to open them up more. (also include a damage reduced mitigation but less than swords/halberd)

Daggers should do Backstab bonus damage for Man@arms

-Other changes and Weapon types.
    The pole axe(Knight) should make use of it’s dual purposes(Blade&Blunt) and fix animations accordingly… for instance, when swinging lmb on the 2nd swing should just swing the weapon backwards instead of flipping the bladed side to the attacking side… the same applies to the 2nd overhead swing. This way you get to use the blunt and axe part of the pole axe.

Man@Arms should get a pinhammer 2ndary for backstab bonus+blunt head trauma bonus if hit in the head.

Double Axe - Should be able to use as a 1hander like the longswords for Knights include a great Axe bigger than the Double Axe for the go 2 heavy axe -
    Something similar to these types of axes - http://grandwiki.wdfiles.com/local–fil … %20axe.JPG
    http://cdn.okcimg.com/php/load_okc_imag … 4de6a_.png
    http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/images/high_el … _large.jpg
    but obviously more medieval and less fancy.

Other annoyances that need fixing
    when swinging a weapon the return part should either have no damage(remove hitbox) or a reduce damage by half. Nobody likes getting killed when standing behind someone when they are swinging maniacally. Either reduce the damage or cut the damage in half on the peak return.

With these ideas i think it would add variety, depth and more strategy in play. Hope this post is helpful, and wonder what others may think of some of these ideas. :D

• Man@Arms Special - BOLO slows down enemy - depending on their effectiveness should only get 1-2

Man@Arms Weapon - Dual wield - Sword/Dagger First swing = Shortsword, always combos with dagger off hand. Fast combos, uses parries with shortsword, counters with dagger after successful parry, sacrifice range for speed. Can combo scroll up button back to back. IE thrust xx thrust with offhand dagger combo.

Archers Special - sling/slingshot - fast shoot/reload used for close range defense - weakest damage special damage. can regenerate ammunition, since rocks can be found anywhere! - (headshots can cause blunt trauma mentioned earlier)

Archers Weapon - 1handed crossbow - One weapon variant = dual weild = the ability to shoot 2x back to back without reload taking up time. Non dual wield types can equip special - a sheild buckler on the forearm.

• Any comments?

• Global Moderator

A halberd isn’t good at LMB.

• Backstab for man-at-arms no way, that would unbalance things.

Two-handed would be fun.

Slings should not slow you down.

• @lemonater47:

A halberd isn’t good at LMB.

Uuh, I think you and I must be playing different games

• Some good ideas in there, but the majority just get a firm “no” from me, for the fact that they could potentially unbalance the game. I like the new axe ideas. I’m ALWAYS up for new weapons!

• @greg i said back stab bonus for daggers only for Man@Arms not all weapons. Since daggers have low damage and require really close range i think it’s perfectly balanced for all things considering how frail they are.

Everything else is a bit extra, but i’m more interested in peoples opinions on hit deterioration depending on the weapon type and blunt weapons causing some blur/hazy effect when hit in the head. I mean i really would prefer something other than black damage/range/speed into weapon variety if done right it could add more depth and still be balanced.

• @Coins:

@greg i said back stab bonus for daggers only for Man@Arms not all weapons. Since daggers have low damage and require really close range i think it’s perfectly balanced for all things considering how frail they are.

Everything else is a bit extra, but i’m more interested in peoples opinions on hit deterioration depending on the weapon type and blunt weapons causing some blur/hazy effect when hit in the head. I mean i really would prefer something other than black damage/range/speed into weapon variety if done right it could add more depth and still be balanced.

:? Man@Arms having backstab and dodge would definitly unbalance things. Plus, it would apply to all secondary weapons besides cudgel - i.e, shortsword, saber, and the 3 daggers.

:? The hazy/blur effect would get really annoying really fast.

• yeah getting hit in the head does getting annoying. Don’t get hit in the head.

• One handed Double Axe for a Knight gets my vote.

• mwahahahaha…. 1H double axe…

• @Hadron:

mwahahahaha…. 1H double axe…

yep it would make a bad weapon better. that is ofcoarse if you take into consideration more tweeking on the damage types i mentioned earlier… but there’s no reason to pick double axe over 2handed maul.

• @Coins:

@Hadron:

mwahahahaha…. 1H double axe…

yep it would make a bad weapon better. that is ofcoarse if you take into consideration more tweeking on the damage types i mentioned earlier… but there’s no reason to pick double axe over 2handed maul.

Of course… I use the maul almost exclusively now.

• Sling seems to be the new Main option for Archer… i still think it should be a special weapon. I also hear somebody say something about it should be able drain stamina(gets my vote) We need more weapons that changes how you play rather than just another way to to do damage.

I still would like more feedback about the the first option about hitting less per swing and blunts doing a daze effect to people hit on the head.

I also love the option to alt+attack to hit alternate first rather than swing miss and get the left. It really helps go over annoying shields.