Keybind woes.

• I’m left handed and would like to move the keybinds to be mirrored on the right side of the keyboard in order to make them omre ergonomic and easy to play with. What I’m trying for is [;’# instead of wasd with sprint on right shift and feint on p. It makes sense because with the default controls I have to take my index of of A to sprint and lose a bit of movement control. However the new binds just arent working properly.

’ (back) brings up the command console no matter what i do
    ; and # (left and right) stop working while I’m sprinting but work fine normally

Is there any way to fix this? I could move the new wasd 1 key over but it’d make crouching much more of a stretch.

• Fortunately you can rebind the console key. Go to C:\Users\You\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config

Open UDKInput.ini, search for Console, and you can change ConsoleKey and TypeKey. (Typekey is the mini one-line console). I have them as LEFTBRACKET and RIGHTBRACKET since as I’m English, the Apostrophe brings up the console by default, wheras for Americans, that key is Tilde.

Unsure about your ; and # keys not working while sprinting though, my bro has the same issue on his keyboard of not being able to strafe while sprinting (with Sprint on X and A and D used for strafe). I think that may be due to the design of the keyboard, only registering input from specific buttons being pressed at the same time. Key ghosting or something I think it’s called. Never tried using ; and # for anything myself though tbh.

• Actually my mistake, # works but not ;. It’s a pretty crappy keyboard though. Razer. :/

• Ahh I see. I’m not really sure as I’ve never used those particular buttons for movement, but if it is ONLY happening when certain keys are pressed together at the same time, it may be because of the internal keyboard design.

This is what I was referencing: http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscience … ained.mspx

Like I said it happens on my Bro’s keyboard when X and A are pressed at the same time, yet mine is completely fine with it.

If you click that graphic at the top, and press those keys at the same time, you may be able to see if that’s the problem. What key do you use for sprinting? If it something like shift or a modifier button, it may be trying to send an unsupported character.

• I’m using right shift. I can move around with [ (forward) and ; (left) while hold down shift but if I go into a sprint ; just stops working. The ini tweak took care of the console though thanks.

You seem quite knowledgeable so I may as well ask something else as well instead of starting a new thread. Every time I start the game it launches in 1280x1024 even though my max res is 1920x1080. I change it to the correct resolution in options but it never remembers the change on my next launch. I tried changing resx and resy to the correct values in udksystemsettings.ini but it didn’t make any difference. Any suggestion?

• That one’s a recurring bug for some people I think, where it forgets your settings.

Can either try deleting your config files (which will wipe your keybinds and the console change), or seeing if the patch that’s coming out this month helps it for you. :)

• @SirKitty:

You seem quite knowledgeable so I may as well ask something else as well instead of starting a new thread. Every time I start the game it launches in 1280x1024 even though my max res is 1920x1080. I change it to the correct resolution in options but it never remembers the change on my next launch. I tried changing resx and resy to the correct values in udksystemsettings.ini but it didn’t make any difference. Any suggestion?

So ResX=1920 and ResY=1080 under [SystemSettings] doesn’t change it? There can be multiple resx and resy lines in the UDKSystemsettings.ini under different headings. Are there resx and resy lines that say 1280 and 1024?

You can also force the resolution with launch properties from Steam:

-resX=1920 -resY=1080

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.