Knockback rules

• Here me out you filthy peasants!

I wanna share some simple facts i found out myself about knockback rules.

Alright, lets get started :

First of all, i mainly play archer and im Rank 32 and i love the melee fight with my archer against any class… I dont care!

So far i played 224 hours and i noticed some selffound facts about knockback

Lets categorize all the classes and let me talk about how i experienced the 1 vs 1 fights against the other races.

1. The knight : If you go 1 vs 1 against a untouched knight who hasnt lost any health, you can KB him 2 times in a row without getting a bugged attack through the KB.
    why 2 times sir?
    Well, because i tried several times to KB the 2 handed knight for the 3rd time, and if i did that… I had to take a sledgehammer or a big ass sword to my ribs or whatever.
    Trust me, this is no coincedence or random shizzle.

2. The vanguard : Vanguard is a strange type :? … he has less health than a knight but more than MAA.
    That means, that he is the most unpredictable class to KB…
    Because, it happened that i could KB him 2 times, but sometimes the 2nd KB causes to let him get the poke trough with his spear or whatever.
    So the Vanguard is the most frustating-to-read-class there is, when you talk about KB.

3. The Man at Arms : 1 Time guys… be carefull… dont push your luck… If you KB him once, just keep walking back or in a circle, attack>feint>attack…
    Why that strategy?
    Well, because in Chivalry, there are so many greedy guys playing, who only wants to get the kill, no matter what. So, by knowing that, you can manipulate the thoughts on that.
    Simple explaination - You KB him, he thinks ( shit, im hit, he wants to kill me and goes for another attack. I will wind up my attack, because im faster and i will flinch him and do the same thing to him ) Boom! there you have him, he is attacking after your KB, because he wants revenge ( greedy ) and you walked back, attacked but feinted, he blocks but too early, game over!
    The other scenario, that he is just a frighten little chicken, back against the wall… Its just easy attack>feint>attack or walk to the right of him, so you can get your poke through him or walk left for the slash of the archer sable. Easy Peezy.

4. The Archer : Same as MaA. Because of the low health pool, they can recover faster and dont get stunned that much. 1 time guys… Luckily, 1 time is often more than enough.
    If not, rinse and repeat the tactic, told at MaA.

Conclusions :

Knight : Max 2 times
    Vanguard : Max 2 times, mostly 1 time ( carefull )
    MaA : Max 1 time
    Archer : Max 1 time

Overall :

You cant foresight how many times you really can KB, because… lets say in FFA.
    You interrupting a 1 vs 1… 1 guy gets KB and has a little stun. If you would like to KB that person when he swings, its very possible that it wont work, because he just got KB a few seconds ago.

I think there is small build up meter or something. Like, you can get KB 2 times as a knight in the 30 seconds… If you survive by then… The meter needs to fill up again… Also it has to do with health…

So, as you already knew, be aware of all the details… Blood drenched cloaths, lost helmet, earlier attacking on the enemy, class and the maximum for the possible KB…

Good luck and happy killing!
    _
    P.S. Apology for my rubbish english_

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• I hate to break it to you, but that isn’t how flinching works at all. 100% of the time (or at least 90% of the time, given some strangeness with latency/packet loss/something else causing it to not work correctly occasionally) if you hit an enemy when in idle or windup, they’ll be flinched, regardless of class or any other factor.

What most peoples’ big problem with flinch is, is that if you hit an enemy in a recovery period, they don’t flinch. Sometimes this doesn’t matter, because a flinch is only .2 seconds and recovery times average around .6, but if you hit near the tail end of a recovery if can allow immediate retaliation.

Additionally, parry recoveries are only .5 seconds with any weapon, and it’s far more frequent to hit an enemy at the tail end of a parry recovery - and many players who aren’t even aware of the specifics of flinching mechanics will be slamming the attack button trying to get a parry counter off even if they failed the parry, so they’ll start swinging immediately.

This has been discussed personally with the devs recently, and a fix of some kind should be coming soon (possibly next patch, but it’s not a guarantee) which will either apply a flinch after the recovery time ends if you’re hit during recovery, or apply a flinch immediately if you’re hit in the last .2 seconds of recovery - or possibly something else along those lines.

• Seems pretty dirty if you’re relying on feinting that much.

• @SlyGoat:

This has been discussed personally with the devs recently, and a fix of some kind should be coming soon (possibly next patch, but it’s not a guarantee) which will either apply a flinch after the recovery time ends if you’re hit during recovery, or apply a flinch immediately if you’re hit in the last .2 seconds of recovery - or possibly something else along those lines.

I approve of this greatly.

• @SlyGoat:

I hate to break it to you, but that isn’t how flinching works at all…

Hmm… maybe im misunderstanding the way flinching should be. :|
    Maybe im wrong with the word flinching and actually meaning the knockback.

1 vs 1 fight… you hit him, and he gets pushed back ( knockback ).
    Im not aware that there is any word for that in chivalry, so maybe i was thinking that flinching would be the right term for it.
    It seems that i`m wrong. :(

I think i should edit the subject into knockback rules or something.

Thx for the reply ;)

-Mr. Sharpshooter-

• I have no idea how the knockback works, so for all I know this could be right, but it seems strange if it is.