Rank 30+ Players Quick to Accuse People of Cheating

• Has anyone else experienced this?

Today I played for about 30 minutes in a TO map. I’m not sure that I lead the board or not, my ratios weren’t even that good The meat of this post, though, is that I was accused of exploiting and hacking two or three different ways by two different people in the span of about 10 minutes. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m not whining or anything like that. I was just curious if other people are experiencing the same thing. I am rank 28 and I’ve been playing since release…about 190 hours or so. I’ve learned the game a decent bit though so I do have some tricks up my sleeve, but I have never exploited or hacked.

-handbanana

• I don’t think it’s limited to Rank 30+… but yeah, typically you only get accused of cheating if you’re playing well.

That said, I have been noticing a lot more people taking advantage of the camera acceleration trick on overhand attacks lately. I really hope that gets fixed.

• I think you mean rank 30- people constantly accuse good rank 30+ people of cheating, lol.

• @SOC:

I think you mean rank 30- people constantly accuse good rank 30+ people of cheating, lol.

The two people who accused me were rank 30 and 38, lol. That was my point, actually.

• I’ve been accused of cheating a couple times since the winter sale. I responded with “You caught me, I’m a well known cheater, just google me”.

• Part of the problem is it is fairly easy to cheat at the moment. So paranoia runs high and with good reason.

Another issue is the community in general. Vote kicking sounds like a good idea on paper, but in reality it produces way too many false positives or kicks for nonsense reasons. I’ve been kicked for defending myself from a team-killer, I’ve been kicked for getting a bad catapult operator off his siege weapon (once you hit 4 allies with a single shot, get off. You’ve had your Siege License revoked!), and had someone start a vote against me for “using the halberd” (Strange, since when did Man-at-Arms equip halberds? Thankfully this vote failed, but it was only by a few percentage points).

Some servers disable vote-kicking, but this just introduces the opposite problem: with no means of punishing bad players, the trolls quickly bring the server to a halt with their antics.

There has to be a better way. Right now a mix of actual cheating, paranoia about cheating producing false positives, and issues with the typical player add up to a frustrating experience. “Private servers” is about the best answer I’ve had so far, and that’s not something everyone has access to.

• off topic but handbanana aka Ricky Spanish?

• Speed hacks are the most commen apparently. and i have only seen one speed hacker in 100 hours of play.

People tried using Aimbots for archer (polish idiot I know). It actually hinders more than it helps becuse of the frop and slow speed compared to a bullet. It only worked close range.

Don’t know of any other hacks. I get yelled at for hacing when i do well sometimes. But only by noobs.

I have had votekicks initiated against me but none succesful.

• Well, it depends on the servers you’re playing on.
    I’ve not seen any hacker on official servers so far, but in others indeed.
    That’s why a host shouldn’t be only a host, he/she should also play often on his server.

That’s why I got my own server a few days ago. I had no hacker yet, but there are no stupid votekicks anymore.

Btw: Yesterday was a strange day. Good server fps, low pings, no lags. The hitboxes of some players were bugged. We were like 8-10 guys on a LTS server and dueled us. But really often I wasn’t able to hit my enemy. Only solution was to take out my Maul and hit with overhead… Damn, that was really funny, hit an archer five times and nothing happens. Experienced dueling… Only the feet hitbox is available. :D

On-topic: I didn’t see high-ranks complaining a lot about hackers.

• Tonight……YOU!

• I have never seen high ranked people complain to me about hacking. (Those are the ones I don’t expect it from to be honest since they have experience in what you can do ingame and what not)

Only low ranked people have ever accused me of hacking.

Oh the things I have been accused of haha its hilarious :D
    Here is a list of things I have been accused of:
    Hacking into the server and putting myself out of sync

Regenerating health to fast

Taking to many hits

Mouse sensitivity hack**

And just the general “Only a hacker can do that” after I killed a group of people or a person in a duel.

When people accuse me of hacking I accept it as a negative compliment.

• I usually am accused of hacking when I manage to hit somebody through the sides of the shield or if the person doesn’t block properly, aiming for tip of the weapon - failing it. Some dont even care to go through tutorial and dont understand the games mechanics adding mentioned cheating paranoia many would excuse their death with opponent cheating.

• Well when you guys stop hacking, I will stop accusing! :shock:

• @ChuckingIt:

Well when you guys stop hacking, I will stop accusing! :shock:

Chuckdathax.

• When someone joins a FFA server late and winds up 57-4 with people accusing him of speed hacking, you wonder if he actually is even though he claims he’s just good. Call me a skeptic/glass is half empty guy but I tend to trust the accusers in that situation.

• When I was level 3 I managed to take on 4 people. 3 Knights and a Vanguard and was promptly called a cheater since I was only an Archer at the time.

I think it depends on the situation and how secure people are of their own skill level :)

I’ll point out it was really 3 knights on me since the Vanguard was a gent and waited for the three knights to fail before engaging lol. Hat off to whoever you are Vanguard!

• Sometimes people ARE cheating, regardless of their ranks. The cheating they do is often very subtle as well. Experienced players tend to notice the strangeness more quickly and easily than newer players. Nonetheless, it’s always a bad idea to accuse someone on suspicion alone. Get into spectator mode and get the fraps rolling.

• I’ve seen the generic hacking or cheating accusations because someone is good or was lucky, but it’s not that common. However, I have been votekicked multiple times from games because I was doing well (like 12:0 at the beginning of an FFA or something). I think a lot of the time people don’t even try to understand what is going on, they just hit insert.

• @GhoXen:

Sometimes people ARE cheating, regardless of their ranks. The cheating they do is often very subtle as well. Experienced players tend to notice the strangeness more quickly and easily than newer players. Nonetheless, it’s always a bad idea to accuse someone on suspicion alone. Get into spectator mode and get the fraps rolling.

PROOF? Yeah didnt think so….
    Yeah I have only seen 2 speed hackers in this game so far and I have well over 300 + hours. IS there some minor taking advantage of game mechanics? Yes there is BUT… That is not cheating. I being a level 41 just got kicked in the first round of being accused of cheating… I only went 5-1. These fn noobs are beginning to piss me the fuck off. One night last week I was kicked from a record 7 different servers because I was too good… fn seriously? The influx of ignorant, incompetent noobs is really beginning to grate against me.

Again I see another “good idea” being total fail. Yeah lets put in a vote system by default because the devs failed in creating the proper admin tools and having it on by default makes server hosts lazy. Well it is backfiring and the veterans are getting pissed.

• I play in Aus and we are a pretty good bunch. Most times I get voted the vote is strongly in the NO category. Probably because I say stuff like ‘good shot’ and other positive in the chat pane and happily banter with people. So when a random doche decides to votekick he is very much rejected. Sometimes they are even kicked for not getting the message.

Also when a random votekick comes up people generally vote ‘no’ unless a reason was stated throughout the vote. Usually it works up to the point, generally a chronic TK’er.

Perhaps you people getting kicked all the time need to look at your in-game manners.