I am not enjoying this game…

• Are there any properly maintained servers anyone can suggest? I’m tired of a very piss poor folks in the community ruining many games. Please don’t take this the wrong way, you have this problem in many games not just chivalry, but this kicking for no reason, massive TKing, harassing people for what classes or weapons they pick, and general all around bad behavior has got to stop.

I was literally just kicked from a game because I was in first, how do I continue to play a game with such poor sportsmanship? I was not rude, I didn’t TK, I barely even said anything in chat. They just didn’t like how well I was doing.

Are there any servers that have admins on them most of the time, ones that are properly maintained and try to weed out troll-ish behavior instead of promoting it? Thank you.

PSA of the day: If you don’t know what a vote is for, and there is nothing to support any reason to kick, don’t mindlessly press yes. Press No unless there is actually a reason to kick someone.

• I’m not going to justify any of the behaviour you’ve experienced, but really, this is what the internet is. Trolling, bad behaviour and poor sportsmanship is something you have to accept in online gaming because it’s not going to get any better. I’ve been playing games online since I got the internet in 1997 and it’s gotten consistently worse year after year.

When I get booted from a game for doing too well, I take it as a compliment. I just made someone (maybe multiple someones), somewhere in the world so angry that the only thing they can do is kick me out of the game. People think it’s funny to boot someone from a game, which is why you get bandwagon hoppers voiting yes. They think they’re trolling you… but when this happens, you have won. They couldn’t defeat you using the conventional game rules, so they turn to their only other option. Admitting you’re too good for them and booting you.

I guarantee that they’re still fuming about it after you’ve already hopped back into a new game and started having fun again. So don’t get angry, because that’s what they want.

As far as properly maintained servers, you can always host one of your own. Hosting solutions are pretty cheap these days.

• Thanks for the reply, I might actually consider setting up my own server… I’ll talk to some other people that I play this game with regularly, and see what we can come up with…

We already host some of the more popular and player friendly TF2 servers.

• Feel free to join one of the servers in my signature.

I can’t guarantee none of the things you complained about won’t happen, but we do have active admins on every day (mostly the 24 slot and duel server), so we can take care of any unnecessary issues.

We want you to enjoy the game! It’s one of the best out there :)

• The most unsportsmanlike thing for me is when two or three friends teamup in FFA’s

• @derminion:

The most unsportsmanlike thing for me is when two or three friends teamup in FFA’s

I usually call these people out and when they tell me to “QQ more”, I proceed to smash their whole little team with my maul. They get mad and leave shortly after. Cowards deserve to be pancakes.

• @derminion:

The most unsportsmanlike thing for me is when two or three friends teamup in FFA’s

Just grab a shield and zip around in a way that makes one or two of them walk in front of the other and kill each other as they try and hit you, then plant the last guy’s skull into the dirt when he no longer has his buddies backing him up cuz he killed them… Tis funny :D

• Global Moderator

In my 100 hours playin on Australian and New Zealand servers I have never seen anyone being kicked for being good. Even when I top the score boarpd using a halberd.

So come play on those servers or even live here.

• @lemonater47:

In my 100 hours playin on Australian and New Zealand servers I have never seen anyone being kicked for being good. Even when I top the score boarpd using a halberd.

So come play on those servers or even live here.

Top the scoreboard and using halberd go hand-in-hand, don’t they?

• @Slaughtervomit:

@derminion:

[…]I proceed to smash their whole little team with my maul. They get mad and leave shortly after. Cowards deserve to be pancakes.

That is pretty much the way to go, but I don’t agree with the first part of your sentence. I see Free For All pretty much as anything goes, so if some people want to team up, let them. That once happened to me on a duel server gone FFA, I was looking around for 1 on 1 fights, not attacking anyone who didn’t attack me first… but I pretty much wiped the floor with those who did. So at some point some of them formed a group and attacked me simultaneously , which lead to even more floor wiping - especially since there is no reduced team damage in FFA. Thar probably induced some rage, but they kept trying instead of starting to insult me.

Well, to the topic: I really do not get where all the complaints about the community come from. On most servers I play, the atmosphere is quite good or at least respectfully quiet (hardly any chat, just playing the game normally). I’ve already met some very nice people in Chivalry… and I have never been kicked or seen someone else get kicked simply for doing well; it is actually more common you get complimented (!) or asked for advice.
    Yes, there have been exceptions and I already have encountered players or whole servers that were simply horrible, but only as a rare exception.

FYI: I’m based in Germany and play on low ping servers, so my region is most likely central Europe.

• Yes, some servers have very rude and unpleasant people, especially ones that have many russian players. I can clearly understand them as being a russian myself and the amount of swearing and hatred they spit out is ridiculous for just a game. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying all russians are horrible players or all russian servers are being unplayable, its just the amount of assholes/trolls /tkers among russians are much higher.

Now about kicking for high score. Once we were playing quite nicely on TD map, while one person in the opposite team with most kills not only praised himself for being top scored and keeping the team winning, every time he got killed he whined about lag/ping/bugs/being backstabbed/overwhelmed and whatever else. He didnt insult anybody nor use any swearwords, but still was very irritating and i gladly pressed “insert” when poll to kick him was made.

• In 220+ hours of play, I have been votekicked(attempted to be votekicked) once for just pub stomping. I don’t see this too often. However, I also don’t play on FFA servers at all. So maybe it is much worse in there?

• Please tell me there is a votekick reason in the next release.

• The kicking is fine. You don’t usually get kicked unless you are:

• a pain in the arse on the server
    • suspect you are cheating
      or
    • you got a crap ping which is F’ing everyone else up

Most times the vote doesn’t even pass anyhow. People elected to kick me, of course when I was playing well but people wont/shouldn’t vote yes for no reason.

• I’ve been kicked from 2 out of the last 4 FFAs I’ve played for winning, and have seen the top player (not me) also get kicked twice in those games. I think it’s a rampant problem in FFA, and is pretty sad in my opinion.

• @Stillbjorn:

I’ve been kicked from 2 out of the last 4 FFAs I’ve played for winning, and have seen the top player (not me) also get kicked twice in those games. I think it’s a rampant problem in FFA, and is pretty sad in my opinion.

I will frequent the FFA servers more I suppose. Though I detest the gamemode, hopefully I can help curb the vote kicking culture it seems to create.