Bigger Battles

• To make the battles feel more intense and larger why not include a few dozen bots here and there. They don’t do objectives but they do run around and slaughter other bots and players!

• This has been suggested, but the developers have gracefully denied it. :D
    sorry, but the developers wish to focus on a more ‘PvP’, or player vs player aspect on the game.

• AND fighting/collision system is so complicated that with that amount of AI servers would collapse often.

• well I think its obiously bigger battles if anything mean more players not bots :P

• What I mean is there will always be a set amount of players in a server no matter how many actual players there are.
    Let’s say a server can fit 24 people but only 10 players are there. The 14 other slots are filled by bots which will disappear when when someone joins

• That for sure will be doable :)

• I hate servers that do that. It’s just a way of making your server look more populated than it is. If I wanted to play against bots I’d make a local server and play against bots. No matter how good your bots are, it’s never the same as playing against a human opponent.

• ^
    Another Thumb up for SlyGoat :D

• I really hope there will be bigger battles in the future. 32-player-battles are surely cool but i think the best medieval-feeling comes in really massive battles (–> Troy, 300 etc.) We won’t need hundreds of players but i think 50-100 should be doable :)

And if there really are only 32 players then the map has to be small because otherwise you run around a huge castle and you rarely see enemies. That would kill the feeling of being in a medieval war. Just my opinion on this.

BTW Mount&Blade: Warband started with 64-player matches at the release but now they have up to 200 on the servers :) Just to show it certainly IS possible

Bye

• @Doevaekin:

I really hope there will be bigger battles in the future. 32-player-battles are surely cool but i think the best medieval-feeling comes in really massive battles (–> Troy, 300 etc.) We won’t need hundreds of players but i think 50-100 should be doable :)

And if there really are only 32 players then the map has to be small because otherwise you run around a huge castle and you rarely see enemies. That would kill the feeling of being in a medieval war. Just my opinion on this.

BTW Mount&Blade: Warband started with 64-player matches at the release but now they have up to 200 on the servers :) Just to show it certainly IS possible

Bye

2nd. I always want bigger battles. Stability/lag of course permitting. :)

• 64 players would be ok but the more, the better. I dont want to see the walls of the castle empty, there must be several archers and soldiers defending it.