I Have an Idea! Set The Next Game In Japan.

• I was thinking, how incredible would it be if the next game was set in Feudal Japan? I love the thought of swinging my Katana blade but I also figured fights should be broken down to a calm stand still then a burst of swings ending in a kill or another stand still until the next burst of swings. To this i figured strategy and a build up of strength could keep people from going crazy because doing so would end yourself in a quick death.

4 Classes: Archer, Ronin, Special (Ninja, Yari, ect), Samurai.

The different between the Ronin and the Samurai in a way is kind of like the difference between a Man-At-Arms and a Knight (Ronin is lightly armored if at all, Samurai is heavily armored), plus the type of weapons they weald.

Another interesting thing is the type of special weapons that can be used as well and maybe perks like disarming (Bushido, Jujutsu), rush kill (putting all of one’s strength in one lunge and a swing for an instant kill if connected just right), focusing (meditation to stop the bleeding and a small bit of health increase), ect.

Anyways that is all I have, what do you think? Would you want to play a game like this? I know i would, hell I’ve been waiting for a good Samurai game for years, at least I have Shogun 2.

• It gets suggested at least once every few days. Search for samurai and you’ll see.

Anyway, check out this mod: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=3067

• If I had a nickel for every samurai request, I’d retire.

• @Slaughtervomit:

If I had a nickel for every samurai request, I’d retire.

There’s not THAT many samurai posts… unless you don’t mind living off of a few dollars for the rest of your life… :D

• @ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

If I had a nickel for every samurai request, I’d retire.

There’s not THAT many samurai posts… unless you don’t mind living off of a few dollars for the rest of your life… :D

Sure, I have plenty of ramen and I could just live under a bridge somewhere…

• Ronin are samurai silly.

• @Amuffinattack:

Ronin are samurai silly.

• i prefer ROME vs Barbalian rather than samurai.

there was no shield in japanese sword fight.
    shiled is very interesting feature in chivalry.
    so i dont think samurai fight is good for it.

• Cool idea but aint gonna happen. Possible mod but not a official release.

• @Easterlake:

Cool idea but aint gonna happen. Possible mod but not a official release.

You never know. I’d support it, myself, but here’s an idea: post suggestions about C:MW on this board, please - it’s not meant for discussions about new games. Thanks :)

• Thanks for the mod you sent me… i’ll be following it very closely.

I’m just tired of medieval fighting style, even roman fightings pretty close. I would like to have something completely different and the Japanese were born into warfare, their government is mostly made up of warriors. To me there is nothing more interesting then a samurai fight.

• @Amuffinattack:

Ronin are samurai silly.

This I know but there is a difference. Ronin were masterless samurai there for not considered samurai but used as hired swords. Because they had no armor usually, they could carry a Dai Katana (normally used to fight someone on horse back thanks to the length of the sword).

How one usually became Ronin were deserters after a city fell or if their lord stepped down due to politics.