Torn Banner, MAA is useless in big team games; And some bugs

• With my 550+ hours played (400+ on MAA), I can say for certain MAA is completely useless in big team games, not so much in small team games though. This is due to the lmb spamming that goes on and how incredibly low the health is for maa (Not complaining, its fine). Whenever I throw an attack at someone, and hit them a couple times, they just wind up in the middle of my combo and 1 hit me, I understand I could stop attacking and block the incoming attack, but whats the point in combos then? And to do that I would have to feint, using more of my precious stamina and even more to block the attack. Using about half to a quarter of my stam to get off 2 hits and not die in the process (usually a team mate will get the final hit in stealing my kill :(!). Its already hard enough to be able to get around blocks, especially on people without shields, but never the less, I think something needs to be done. Also, dodging is useless as well during big fights as you rarely get a hit in after you dodge and the stam drain from blocking is too great to risk dodging and running out. Sure I could go and attack someone from behind, but with the windup hitting me in the face every time I approach someones rear I find that hard to do as well, without getting hit once and being left at 25% health. I get MAA is suppose to be agile and whatnot and I don’t mind having the low health, if it wasn’t so hard to avoid getting hit. THE THING THAT MAKES ME RAGE THE MOST, is, excuse my language, but fucking archers! OH MY GOD, it’s so hard to fight in the middle of a battle, knowing that one arrow will take all your health away and then a short sword will do the rest. Honestly, I could do without archers in the game as I feel many others could as well. I feel I’ve ranted for too long, but I had to get it off my chest, as I love this game and hope it sticks around for a very long time.

Some Upsides to MAA
    MAA is extremely useful in 1v1 situations because of attack speed and the usefulness of glitchy dodge.

DODGE BUGS
    I’m sure dodging would be good if it wasn’t as buggy as a Florida trailer park. The first bug that pisses me off the most is the 6 incher. When you dodge and you’re not quite fully recovered from an attack or block, and you get a little april fools dodge moving no more than 6 inches as your head gets cut off. The worst part about it, and I’m not 100% certain, but I think it uses the same amount of stamina as a regular dodge, which isn’t fair at all. Another problem with dodge is the faceroll dodge, not sure how it happens, but its annoying. When you dodge in any direction your screen does a flip and you’re left standing there with your mouth open wide waiting to eat a sword. this only happens once in a blue moon, but still, its there and its annoying. And yet another bug is the teleport dodge, this ones obnoxious, when you dodge and think you’ve gotten away so there is no need to block, it sucks you right back to where you last were and you get your head chopped off in a rage inducing death. I’m sure there are a few more bugs, but these are all that I have witnessed, or all that I can think of.

Well If you painstakingly made it to the end, thanks for reading lol.

• Every class has a use. MAA is for 1v1, killing archers and completing objectives. as an MAA i tend to stay away from big fights. Your gonna get clobbered if your in one. I track down targets and murder them. They are also one of the hardest classes to play.

thats the MAA’s weakness, big fights.

• Yeah, you can’t enter the big meaty clusterfuck fights with MAA, you die too easily from random knight/vanguard swings. What I usually do is just throw a fire pot in that big mess and pick targets that are alone or don’t expect you. Fire pot gives you space to move around, it sometimes gives you kills too

• You should play on 24/22/18 objective servers, it there where MAA shines.

• Stop playing 30+ FFA and KotH games.

LTS, Team Objective, and small games (10 or so) the MAA is a beast.

• maa is fine in pubs even with many people, i haven’t had a problem at all- you just have to pick your fights although i do agree that rubberband dodging is very annoying

don’t buff maa

• @kwazi:

maa is fine in pubs even with many people, i haven’t had a problem at all- you just have to pick your fights although i do agree that rubberband dodging is very annoying

don’t buff maa

Too late, he’s getting an armor buff this next patch.

• @Hadron:

@kwazi:

maa is fine in pubs even with many people, i haven’t had a problem at all- you just have to pick your fights although i do agree that rubberband dodging is very annoying

don’t buff maa

As long as he isn’t going to get overbuffed it’s gonna be great :)

MAA also has some crappy weapons that I believe need a bit of tweaking, but I like how the class generally feels atm

• I don’t think it’s cool that knights get MAA primaries as secondaries. MAA’s only uniques are axes if I recall. Force knights to use use the standard lite secondaries. Why do they get the most powerful secondaries in the game and allow people to skill up 2-3rds the MAA primaries without playing the class?

• @OmmNomNom:

@Hadron:

@kwazi:

don’t buff maa

As long as he isn’t going to get overbuffed it’s gonna be great :)

MAA also has some crappy weapons that I believe need a bit of tweaking, but I like how the class generally feels atm

Agreed :D

• @tlbww:

I don’t think it’s cool that knights get MAA primaries as secondaries. MAA’s only uniques are axes if I recall. Force knights to use use the standard lite secondaries. Why do they get the most powerful secondaries in the game and allow people to skill up 2-3rds the MAA primaries without playing the class?

Because that’s a unique knight ability - he gets the most powerful weapons in the game, seeing as only he is strong/skillful enough to wield them. The MaA primaries as secondaries make sense to me, as they allow for greater survivability.

• @tlbww:

I don’t think it’s cool that knights get MAA primaries as secondaries. MAA’s only uniques are axes if I recall. Force knights to use use the standard lite secondaries. Why do they get the most powerful secondaries in the game and allow people to skill up 2-3rds the MAA primaries without playing the class?

Vanguards get axes as secondaries.

I agree, by the way, but it’s probably too late to remove MaA weapons from other classes now.

• @SlyGoat:

@tlbww:

Vanguards get axes as secondaries.

I agree, by the way, but it’s probably too late to remove MaA weapons from other classes now.

vanguards and knights arent what you call nimble.

• The buggy dodge is the only reason I am having more fun as archer. The double teleport dodge in particular, where it goes off and then reverts your position a second later, is pretty game breaking.

One bug I have to add to the OP is that sometimes while dodging your view will go under the map. I can’t tell if the dodge is successful or not and am generally dead right after it happens, so I can’t say if it’s the actual movement glitching or a camera-only glitch. This is in first person view.

• @Daiyuki:

The buggy dodge is the only reason I am having more fun as archer. The double teleport dodge in particular, where it goes off and then reverts your position a second later, is pretty game breaking.

One bug I have to add to the OP is that sometimes while dodging your view will go under the map. I can’t tell if the dodge is successful or not and am generally dead right after it happens, so I can’t say if it’s the actual movement glitching or a camera-only glitch. This is in first person view.

I haven’t seen these glitches. Lag maybe?

• @Hadron:

@tlbww:

Because that’s a unique knight ability - he gets the most powerful weapons in the game, seeing as only he is strong/skillful enough to wield them. The MaA primaries as secondaries make sense to me, as they allow for greater survivability.

They get the best of the best and what… slower?

Just think that’s pretty foul. I’ll kill them twice are hard with the ax they can’t use.

• @lemonater47:

@Daiyuki:

The buggy dodge is the only reason I am having more fun as archer. The double teleport dodge in particular, where it goes off and then reverts your position a second later, is pretty game breaking.

I haven’t seen these glitches. Lag maybe?

Only happens when dodging close to the enemy, so I imagine it’s some kind of collision problem. I don’t really know, but the key point is that to see them, you have to be close to an enemy. Even dodging backwards has the problem though, which would make no sense if you were just catching on their leg or something, because clear ground behind you should mean a successful back dodge and sometimes it doesn’t.

• @tlbww:

@Hadron:

@tlbww:

Just think that’s pretty foul. I’ll kill them twice are hard with the ax they can’t use.

Heh. But the thing is - knights are SUPPOSED to be the best of the best, but just be slower. Knights were supposed to only be able to be countered by other knights. Here, a skillful player can destroy a bad or average knight, but it is still supposed to be difficult.

• @tlbww:

@Hadron:

@tlbww:

Heh. But the thing is - knights are SUPPOSED to be the best of the best, but just be slower. Knights were supposed to only be able to be countered by other knights. Here, a skillful player can destroy a bad or average knight, but it is still supposed to be difficult.

• @Daiyuki:

I never get this with double tap dodge. I rarely use one button dodge and have gotten this glitch only when using 1 button dodge. Fortunately for me I prefer to use double tap anyway.