Suggestion: Fists with Shield

• I suggest making it possible to equip a shield in combination with fists. There doesn’t really seem to be a reason why this shouldn’t be possible - its like equipping any one- or one-and-a-half handed weapon… just without the weapon.

The implementation would be rather easy, just press the button for fists again to toggle the shield - as with any other weapon.

Since you can strike with either two hands or just one, fists fall into the category of 1 1/2 hand weapons. Thus it should be the same as with any other 1 1/2 hand weapon; when used with a shield, damage is reduced a bit but speed is increased.

• I think the idea of fists is all offense, no defense. Half the fun is the fact you cannot block anything.

• Why would you punch faster with one fist than two? :P

• @SlyGoat:

Why would you punch faster with one fist than two? :P

For the same reason you swing a sword faster with one hand in this game. It’s simply equality.

• Please don’t nerf my shieldless phists of furries!

• @tlbww:

Please don’t nerf my shieldless phists of furries!

Nobody wants that. Fists can stay how they are, shield would only be another option.

• This doesn’t sound very appealing to me. A person who can punch you out and block swords? nooooo thanks. Fists are pretty strong even without a shield since they hit so fast they interrupt the next attack. Just use the hunting knife with a shield, most op wep in game ;)

• You used to be able to do fist with shield. Although if you did a stab with it, you would go into the bugged T-pose…

• Global Moderator

This would mean people would use shields in fist fights so I say no.

• Just yesterday I had an encounter with a Vanguard spamming LMB fist. I almost died as knight using the falchion, because the damn fists are so damn fast. So I seriously say NO to this, especially since they could then block my falchion.

• There are bad ideas… and then there is this idea… Do not want!

• @ATF_E1:

There are bad ideas… and then there is this idea… Do not want!

^ This ^

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.