Maxplayers Not Working

• This is very strange. We have ?maxplayers= on our command lines. This used to work without issue but no longer does. If, for example, I use ?maxplayers=8 and set the maxplayers=32 in the config file it will be set as 32. Has this been changed or is there a configuration error on our servers?

• Hello

my server does not this game probably comes

• @bestrafung:

I use ?maxplayers=8 and set the maxplayers=32 in the config file it will be set as 32. Has this been changed or is there a configuration error on our servers?

Yea, you just posted it. The config file will determine max players. If you want 8, why would you set it to 32? Set it to 8…. :hopel:

• @JHoersten2:

@bestrafung:

I use ?maxplayers=8 and set the maxplayers=32 in the config file it will be set as 32. Has this been changed or is there a configuration error on our servers?

Yea, you just posted it. The config file will determine max players. If you want 8, why would you set it to 32? Set it to 8…. :hopel:

I bring this issue up because it is possible for our customers to override the command line and run whatever slot count they wish. I’m fairly certain this used to work in the past. When one of our customers overrode the command line and more than tripled their player slots it became a serious issue.

• Don’t allow them read/write access to that file. Or you can get a script setup to edit the config file and don’t allow them access to that line. Currently working on a script that I’m using on our Chivalry Servers and plan to release it for use by all the server operators. However, to my knowledge the config file has always trumped the command line.

Temporary Fix: Remove the max players line from the config and continue running the command line then remove read/write access to that file. Assuming you’re on a linux/unix flavour and not Windows.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.