Last hit should have momentum!

• Something that is annoying me since i played the beta is that when you are a millisecond away of hitting someone and he hits you first, the momentum of your swing disappears almost completely, it happened many times that my hit is about a few millimeters away from someones neck but i die and my opponent walks away without a scratch.

I remember in the beta it happened a few times that me and my enemy managed to kill each other because both our swings managed to have some momentum!

• Possibility of double kills in melee? As many times as this has saved me, this would be pretty cool, though likely pretty hard to implement unless they allow striketime like .1 or .2 secs after death, which might make it just plain weird.

• Its already implemented. If you have already started swinging it will carry through. So I don’t know what your complaining about.

Lag maybe?

• I think he wants your sword to keep swinging for a little bit even if you die. Right now, after windup, your attack is uninterruptable.

I don’t think that’d be a good idea for game balance reasons, though. Being able to interrupt a swing via death is kinda nice.

No it should not have,
    its just part of the mechanic that you can jump in and give someone the his last hit.
    Momentum would just remove one facet of gameplay as someone who is skilled could never do
    this move again , especially then mauls are in play

• @NikolaiLev:

I think he wants your sword to keep swinging for a little bit even if you die. Right now, after windup, your attack is uninterruptable.

I don’t think that’d be a good idea for game balance reasons, though. Being able to interrupt a swing via death is kinda nice.

Letting go of a weapon when you die would mean that there is no force behind it and The direction would change dramatically. In real life it would put a scracth on your enemy at the most.

Momentum is completly irrelevant in this situation the momentum would change the direction.

• @lemonater47:

@NikolaiLev:

I think he wants your sword to keep swinging for a little bit even if you die. Right now, after windup, your attack is uninterruptable.

Letting go of a weapon when you die would mean that there is no force behind it and The direction would change dramatically. In real life it would put a scracth on your enemy at the most.

Momentum is completly irrelevant in this situation the momentum would change the direction.

Like I said, game balance reasons. Realism is not a factor here, because Chivalry is not designed to be very realistic.

• Agreed. With Nikolai.