Hitting through people, cmon now!

• Seriously I don’t even thing rambo could weild a maul and bash through 3 enemies hitting each with the same force as the first.

We have so much rea"ish" stuff in the game, but that just is beyond OPed. Not every weaopn and do that, and the ones that can’t aren’t as powerful either.

I suggest damage reduct by at least 50% on the bypass of one body. It takes very little effort to rack up multi kill when you are weilding a helicopter blade size lightsabers.

• I feel that it would kind of kill the balance of big slow weapons if it had damage reduction for hitting multiple enemies. Plus, people should block the swing if it is coming, not let it hit them and complain that it did full damage.

• The only thing that bothers me about hitting through people is when you kill a team mate standing on the other side of an enemy you stab through, especially when the enemy survives. :D

• It’s funny when I stab two guys standing side by side in front of me like this.

• @poiuasd:

It’s funny when I stab two guys standing side by side in front of me like this.

Happened to me twice when I used the thrusting dagger and the shortsword. I couldn’t believe it.

It’s a global “nerf” since any weapon can attack multiple persons w/o losing a grain of power. This suggestion could have existed in a previous version. If that were what we were playing, I’d imagine more people would cry foul if the version we are playing now were suggested. It wouldn’t make sense going from multi-target dmg reduc to 100% dmg full swing vs multi target. Point is, I’m not suggesting make it obsolete; longer ranged melee wpns still have the upper hand in mult target attacks.

I’m sorry your double handed axe won’t be able to cleave through throngs of people w/o much thought. You can still play like that, it may take just a little bit longer to kill 3 people at a time. This also can punish those that spam attacks when friendlies are in range if they hit the friendly first. Likewise, this can safe friendlies from said crazy person if they take a hit during the dmg reduc. Too often I find somone either not capable or not caring whom is within range of their attack. Teamchat “Sars :3” isn’t going to make anyone better at the game nor increase the skill ceiling when you slay a friendly.

Back on track: This suggestion doesn’t eliminate multi kills, it can slow the pace of them. It also gives some incentives to players to better aim their attacks knowing that if they hit a friendly first before the enemy, that enemy suffers 50% less dmg. It also can protect friendlies that get waylayed by someone spamming lmb and they get hit during 50% dmg reduc. As per being atked within a swarm, there is a global protection factor (swarms get a buff).

That’s all I can think of right now.

• It’s already difficult to face off against multiple opponents in Chivalry, I don’t see a reason to make it even harder.

• Damaging multiple foes in one swing seems important for punishing bad positioning. Remember if you are 2v1 or 3v1 you probably shouldn’t all ball up and rush his front. Especially when he can’t block with his backside.

• @SlyGoat:

It’s already difficult to face off against multiple opponents in Chivalry, I don’t see a reason to make it even harder.

I agree with your point, although in what context do you mean, because if its a TDM, TO, or LTS match, why would you be facing off against multiple opponents by yourself?

Now in FFA, you also are not technically facing off against multiple opponents, because it is FFA, everyone is swinging at everyone. If anything it would make FFA more fun, because then it would no longer just be a Vanguard’s game mode, and men at arms could run into the mix and not worry about someone without any intention beheading them on a backswing.

It isnt really a big deal for me tho at the end of the day. However if people keep insisting on these ridiculous demands for archer nerfs, I think it would be a MUST to implement broad melee weapon rework of no more cleaving through multiple targets.

• @Cove:

@SlyGoat:

It’s already difficult to face off against multiple opponents in Chivalry, I don’t see a reason to make it even harder.

I agree with your point, although in what context do you mean, because if its a TDM, TO, or LTS match, why would you be facing off against multiple opponents by yourself?

There are plenty of situations where you’ll be fighting multiple opponents for one reason or another. In TO, which is IMO the primary mode to be considered for balance and design, it’s not like you just fall back whenever you lose a few players and wait for them to respawn - you keep pushing to make as much progress as possible, and the same is true when defending; you hold your ground and put the objective before your life, so you’ll often end up fighting to the death when vastly outnumbered just to hold enemies back for a few more seconds.

• What can you expect from summer of code type game. It has no collision detection for the purpose you’re describing, only for hit test. I get TKd all the time, because an enemy was charging at me, and teammate stabbed him or slashed him sooo through, that it got me too. Most Team kills are like that.

• @SlyGoat:

There are plenty of situations where you’ll be fighting multiple opponents for one reason or another. In TO, which is IMO the primary mode to be considered for balance and design, it’s not like you just fall back whenever you lose a few players and wait for them to respawn - you keep pushing to make as much progress as possible, and the same is true when defending; you hold your ground and put the objective before your life, so you’ll often end up fighting to the death when vastly outnumbered just to hold enemies back for a few more seconds.

1. You are for a number of reasons disadvantaged in 1 v 2+. The primary reason is that it’s you versus more than 1 other person. That doesn’t therefore mean you should have any kind of advantage in these scenarios because you are by nature of the sitatuoin disadvantaged. You are crying foul to a natural mechanic in the world. I don’t somehow get stronger vs more people (though I might go super saiyen). Likewise, the damage aspect does not change the fact that you are still disadvantaged by the nature of the situation. We are talking about a game, however, and I do agree that you shouldn’t throw your sword onto the ground. My only argument with this stance is realism. However, I do realism is a moot point and near irrelevant to this discussion. All I can say is that all is not lost just because you can’t hit 3 people for the full damage at the same time.

2. Play with at least decent players in organized games. You will find that hunting circles arise during a gang bang. Being gang banged by decent players means they are attacking you from all sides, they are disabling your defenses, and spacing you so that you can truly focus on one player at a time (save for super helicoptering) along with spacing themselves so they have more options in terms of attack variance. Therefore, versus 2+ scenarios in the higher end of game play already forces you to deal with groups by singling persons out and spacing, and by zoning enemies to dispersing damage to the most persons at once. More than likely the enemy has accessed what weapon you are using and going to space you according to range/power anyway. In short, you are hard pressed to be able to hit multiple decent players in a verses 2+ scenario.

3. What you are stating is that someone in a situation that is already disadvantageous have some type of equalizer. What I’m saying is that skill and gameplay is the only equalize. If you play vs 2+ like I do as any class (I play MAA but have played every class) you will find that you deal with a gang bang by taking out the parts. If you assume the entire gang will stand there as you swing wildly in the crowd, your head will be lying on the ground in seconds. Let’s not forget that running away is a legitimate strategy and at times the best one. Making sure the threat comes from one direction is safer than swinging into the cluster.

4. What no one is talking about is the affect on friendly fire vs enemy hit. The worse case scenario is hitting a friendly first and an enemy second (bad gameplay) resulting in the same dmg done to friendlies currently and reduced dmg done to the enemy. However the better scenario (besides not hitting the ally at all) is the friendly being hit 2nd. With increased dmg reduc friendly fire dmg is decreased and aiming your attack is encouraged.I find myself too after being _saved_by someone at the cost of hp or my life. This can at least minimize the effect of this tool.