LOOK BEHIND VIEW

• I would like to see a button to see your view from behind is a important tool found in most fps games
    It would make the game complete i feel

• Global Moderator

I don’t know what fps games have that. Its because its a bad idea.

• Most other FPS’s have this?

I never played a FPS that had such a feature. I have in racing and flying games, but that’s it.

I usually just move my mouse to look behind me…. Then move it back… Pretty simple. Pretty quick… And less keys required.

• no

• Besides breaking immersion, here’s why that is a bad idea. A knight equipped with a tower shield on his back and a maul in his hands can charge at archers completely protected from their arrows with the passive protection of the tower shield. Then he can do an overhead attack while looking up to smack the archers silly from behind him.

• @ReMixx:

Besides breaking immersion, here’s why that is a bad idea. A knight equipped with a tower shield on his back and a maul in his hands can charge at archers completely protected from their arrows with the passive protection of the tower shield. Then he can do an overhead attack while looking up to smack the archers silly from behind him.

but that’d look hilarious!

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@ReMixx:

Besides breaking immersion, here’s why that is a bad idea. A knight equipped with a tower shield on his back and a maul in his hands can charge at archers completely protected from their arrows with the passive protection of the tower shield. Then he can do an overhead attack while looking up to smack the archers silly from behind him.

There’s actually a video of someone doing it floating around these forums somewhere… It was taken back in the alpha/beta stages when shields passively blocked ALL attacks.

• ARMA 2 has this. Maybe it would be available to MAA and Archers only? Maybe even Vanguard?

• @ReMixx:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@ReMixx:

There’s actually a video of someone doing it floating around these forums somewhere… It was taken back in the alpha/beta stages when shields passively blocked ALL attacks.

No it wasn’t, because shields never passively blocked melee :P

g9xlaISxn6Y