Shadow charge.

• Or whatever you want to call it^^

Short synopsis: instead of charging vanguard can choose to send his 0.5-1 sec living shadow charging (does no damage). Or, he can actually charge himself (leaving shadow behind?).
    No stealth involved.

While shadow blocks the vision of an enemy, vanguard can try to make side step, of completely turn back. At the same time he is still quite vulnerable from a side, which makes this into 1v1 situation tool.

Upsides:

1. Adds some depth to charge.
    2. Adds survivability against archers.

Downsides:

1. Unpredictable balance changes.
    2. Require more complicated controls, than LBM to charge.
    3. Unintuitive for new players.

P.S. I started to think about this in context of MAA dodge discussion, but I believe, it may suit vanguard as well.

• Will archer be able to cast lightning bolts in your next suggestion? :?

• Thank you for constructive criticism^^

• Sounds like magic and there will be no magic in the vanilla game. That’s not to say that a mod couldn’t add it…

• There isn’t more magic, than in teleport, actually.
    Look at it as if it were rugby or boxing move feint.

• This is definitly “magic” of some sort. Listen, just equip the smoke pot and learn how to use it. There, the exact thing you’re talking about exists already.

• Yep, smoke pot does a similar stuff.
    Listen, I am just trying to imagine a way to enchance vanguard charge mechanics.

And “magic” argument look ridiculous, because there is magic in the game already.

• Where, exactly?

• Teleport?

• It’s merely a part of siege mechanics and is not to be considered a part of game like charging or shooting arrows and such.

• Teleport, also known as man at arms

• I thought he just jumps because he has less armor on him?

• He “jumps” through enemy weapons, which is effectively teleporting.

• @zaript:

He “jumps” through enemy weapons, which is effectively teleporting.

I’ve never seen that, myself. I use MAA a lot, but the dodge is the only thing that is even remotely “teleporty”. I’ll admit that the animation needs some tweaking, because currently it’s almost impossible to tell where the guy dodged to, but other than that, I think it’s pretty balanced.

• Man-at-arms has a rather magical dimension door that teleports them 5 feet away.

Vanguards need to be able to cast a magical shield and have arrows reflect back at the archers with 100% accuracy.

• MaA has been confirmed as a ninja wizard from another dimension, and is thus the only class capable of using magic. Sorry.

• @Tantir:

I thought he just jumps because he has less armor on him?

then archers should be able leap at least 20 feet.

• @SlyGoat:

MaA has been confirmed as a ninja wizard from another dimension, and is thus the only class capable of using magic. Sorry.

Aye, I can confirm that I’ve seen wizards in other games casting fireballs, MAA have those so 146% wizard!

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.