Suggestions on Marketing the game

• 1. Currently facebook has ~9k Followers and twitter has ~1.7k followers, promote people to follow your social medias like facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.
    Set exclusive in-game skins for followers. League of Legends has exclusive Alistar skin for followers, GW2 had released spoiler sneak peak arts before its released, many games do this to get people to follow their social media channels.

2. Steam stats show that yesterday the population of CMW was ~5k. Currently the game doesn’t offer people a reason to log on and play because there is no achievements, progression, etc.

This game has a lot of possibility in terms of customization. New armor decals, skins, etc. These are all cosmetics things that can be added.

Giving players the ability to MOD their servers will introduce new modes like CS’s Gun Game mod, but instead Sword Game Mod, start off with a 2h Polearm, progress to 1h sword, then dagger and last kill would be fist only!

3. Rewards for winning and playing the game like achievements, right now your Rank doesn’t do anything. Ranks shouldn’t give any combat bonuses but it can give stuff like Emblems. Look at Call of Duty series. People with High prestige has cool looking emblems. It is better than the current number system “1-100” If there were 100 emblems that were cool looking, that would be much better.

4. Partying system and Clan functions in-game.
    Invite players to your party and join a server together, right now joining on friends list in steam is quite buggy, you get this ?UIint???... bug.
    The ability to have clan tags, clan flags, clan colors, etc. This promotes community within the game so people can play with a bunch of people.

• I don’t like the skins or emblems feature. They’re not good for this game.

The mod tool thing is a valid suggestion; however, the devs have ALREADY STATED that they’re working on SDK tools to be released, but are currently more focused on the game itself.

The clan thing is just a matter of organization.

• Currently there is an achievement where if you unlock all the main weapons for each class you unlock a veteran helmet for the class.

We see in customization there is clearly a plan for Helmet Armor, etc. but right now when you click left and right there is nothing but default and Veteran(if you unlocked the helmet). It would be nice to see a few (5-10) for each slot, all the be unlocked by similar achievements.

Veteran Helmet - Unlock all primary weapons for class
    Veteran Boots - Unlock all weapons including secondary weapons for class
    Veteran Armor - Have Veteran Helmet + Veteran Boots unlocked + 100 Kills on each weapon for class.
    Veteran Armguard - Have 100 Headshots with all primary weapon for class

Full helm - Unlock after winning 1000 duels
    War helm - Unlock after successfully completing 10,000 duels

Mouth Guard - Winning 500 Team Objective games

All suggestions are just examples and are purely cosmetic features that will add more value to the game.

• @seriously:

Currently there is an achievement where if you unlock all the main weapons for each class you unlock a veteran helmet for the class.

I knew this, I currently have have 3 of the 4 vet helmets.

@seriously:

We see in customization there is clearly a plan for Helmet Armor, etc. but right now when you click left and right there is nothing but default and Veteran(if you unlocked the helmet). It would be nice to see a few (5-10) for each slot, all the be unlocked by similar achievements.

Veteran Helmet - Unlock all primary weapons for class
    Veteran Boots - Unlock all weapons including secondary weapons for class
    Veteran Armor - Have Veteran Helmet + Veteran Boots unlocked + 100 Kills on each weapon for class.
    Veteran Armguard - Have 100 Headshots with all primary weapon for class

Full helm - Unlock after winning 1000 duels
    War helm - Unlock after successfully completing 10,000 duels

Mouth Guard - Winning 500 Team Objective games

All suggestions are just examples and are purely cosmetic features that will add more value to the game.

Ehhhhhhh, but think of the loading times if the game has to load all the different possible combinations of these.

• @seriously:

1. Currently facebook has ~9k Followers and twitter has ~1.7k followers, promote people to follow your social medias like facebook, twitter, youtube, etc.
    Set exclusive in-game skins for followers. League of Legends has exclusive Alistar skin for followers, GW2 had released spoiler sneak peak arts before its released, many games do this to get people to follow their social media channels.

I dont think many people play CMW because they are looking for an MMO style character progression.

Sure some helmets or cool fluff might be nice to have but I would put it well behind new game modes and maps.

• @Hadron:

Ehhhhhhh, but think of the loading times if the game has to load all the different possible combinations of these.

Loading several hundred helmets would not take a fraction of the time it takes to load a single map. And map load times are extremely fast.

• @SlyGoat:

@Hadron:

Loading several hundred helmets would not take a fraction of the time it takes to load a single map. And map load times are extremely fast.

Not necessarily… A lot of suggestions I’ve seen are insanely complicated and overdecorated.

• @Hadron:

@SlyGoat:

@Hadron K:

Not necessarily… A lot of suggestions I’ve seen are insanely complicated and overdecorated.

Have you seen the ceiling of the throne room? :P

• @SlyGoat:

@Hadron:

Have you seen the ceiling of the throne room? :P

Of course.

• I just think adding customization and skins to the game can open the market up for other players. Yes maybe some of the players who are playing CMW isn’t in it for those stuff, but don’t you want more players to kill? I sure do, and the skins/customization can make the game more appealing to me as well.

As well as new animations like slicing fingers off, chopping half your head of with your brains popping out, chopping your limbs and letting them hang, etc. This game has a lot of potential!

• Global Moderator

@seriously:

I just think adding customization and skins to the game can open the market up for other players. Yes maybe some of the players who are playing CMW isn’t in it for those stuff, but don’t you want more players to kill? I sure do, and the skins/customization can make the game more appealing to me as well.

As well as new animations like slicing fingers off, chopping half your head of with your brains popping out, chopping your limbs and letting them hang, etc. This game has a lot of potential!

I made a thread about customzation here. I first had in mind only for FFA because of the colours but I then thought it would be good for all game modes.

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8274