The shield for MAA are messed up

• I’ve never had these problems with a knight, only a MAA.
    Anyway, they’re broken.

1. They don’t always block. About 25% of the time, when I am blocking and follow their attack looking at the end of the sword, I still get hit. Also with stabs, I see the sword just go straight through the shield, hitting me.

2. The sensitivity can get you killed. So far, it just feels like a random sensitivity when you are blocking. It is suppose to slow down like when you are attacking, but it doesn’t always. Sometimes you will maintain a high sensitivity and because of this, you just assume it’s gone slow (like it should) and you end up doing 180 degree turns giving them a free kill.

• MaA shields are smaller. If you don’t have shield problems with knights, that suggests it isn’t a latency problem or a bug with shield code; so you just need to adjust your aim even further when you’re using a smaller shield. Even I have trouble blocking attacks with the almost ridiculously tiny area the buckler blocks.

• @SlyGoat:

MaA shields are smaller. If you don’t have shield problems with knights, that suggests it isn’t a latency problem or a bug with shield code; so you just need to adjust your aim even further when you’re using a smaller shield. Even I have trouble blocking attacks with the almost ridiculously tiny area the buckler blocks.

Maybe for slashes, but that doesn’t change 2) nor does it for stabs that are directly at my chest, it’s harder to not be aiming at the tip that way.

• Well, you are a MaA - if someone is stabbing you point blank and you suspect it’ll go through your shield, you can always dodge backwards.

• Only time i would pick shield with MaA is when i know there are more than 3 archers.
    Elsewise its better IMO to go without shield and rely on parry.

I dont like the shields, almost everything goes through at close range…

1. They don’t always block. About 25% of the time, when I am blocking and follow their attack looking at the end of the sword, I still get hit. Also with stabs, I see the sword just go straight through the shield, hitting me.

It doesn’t matter how visible your shield’s area is - ignore it and focus more on blocking a bit ahead of your opponent’s attack. I keep in mind “30 degrees block rule” when someone is using slashes up close. Blocking only the bare minimum can get you killed as you see attacks from first person perspective and weapon’s tip isn’t “properly” shown when you are on the receiving end because of your perception.

Maybe for slashes, but that doesn’t change 2) nor does it for stabs that are directly at my chest, it’s harder to not be aiming at the tip that way.

For stabs try to block further on your right - that’s where usually stabs are going. Visually they go “through” the shield (you’ll see shield “blocking” and still get hit) but that’s probably because block area of shields are much smaller than weapon blocks to compensate for ability to block as long as needed for any time needed. Don’t let yourself be fooled by visual of the shield.

• It is harder to block at point blank with a shield but it’s still doable with practice, the price you pay is harder to block point blank but your basically immune to feints, arrows are much less annoying (trust me you’ll get annoyed fast) and your shield bash animation is way better than the kick. Unless your bringing the oil pot for support the shield is very viable and much preferred to engaging long polearms.
    With all this said, hopefully the fix some of the bugs with the shield soon like attacking through block being inconsistent, arrow hit boxes and some attacks phasing through.