Team Damage

• I think people don’t worry about hitting or teamkilling teammates as losing 10 points on your score isn’t bad at all. I never even take notice of my score as it doesn’t do anything. I’ve noticed a lot of people will just LMB spam an enemy even if teammates are around.

A reflect team damage setting would be a good deterrent to team hitting/killing. So if a player hits his teammate, the teammate won’t take any damage and 100% of the damage would be dealt to the player.

A server config setting that can be toggled for this would be good.

• Suggested like 3 or 4 times already.

• Your way would be pointless. why punish a player who did no damage to a team mate.

The votekick system usually works. And mirror damage people would hate. there are some many times when its not the players fault but the idiot who run across the map only to get cuaght in a swipe.

Stupidity works both ways. and what about seige weapons. No one would use the catapult at all.

• @lemonater47:

Your way would be pointless. why punish a player who did no damage to a team mate.

The votekick system usually works. And mirror damage people would hate. there are some many times when its not the players fault but the idiot who run across the map only to get cuaght in a swipe.

Stupidity works both ways. and what about seige weapons. No one would use the catapult at all.

Agreed. Catapult users would just explode into gibs if a shot landed on ANYONE, because there is ALWAYS teamkilling with that thing.

• Good points. That’s why I said it could be a server config setting, definitely not the default. So server admins could turn it on for their server if they wanted to.

Also it doesn’t necessarily have to reflect 100% damage, it could be configurable as well.

I understand your points, but at least you can attempt to not hit the idiot that runs into your attack.
    Right now with zero punishment for tking, archers just randomly fire arrows into the fight without caring at all if they tk you etc.

• I’m an archer and i definitely care if i hit my team mates. That said, however, i find as an archer when i’m defending myself my team mates come along and cleave my enemy and myself in half and this is very annoying….
    The cost of TKing is that you become out numbered which is why i try very hard not to hit my team as an archer.
    You do raise a good point though. It is so frustrating when people come in and cleave everyone in half regardless of friend of foe and the wash it off with “oh sorry” and carry on. Stab or overhead is a very easy way to avoid TKing your buddies and i don’t know why people can’t choose this option :?

Maybe verbal advice about this could be added to the tutorial.

• I tend to avoid getting Tked. When I first started playing I realised that many times when I got tked it was my fault.

Also accendental team kills or team hits happens way more often than deliberate tking. Its part of th game. Most people say sorry.

There was the one time when I was an agathian vanguard but I was covered with blood so as I was runnin to some place to heal two of my team mates came to attack me. They were shocked to get a team kill. But the one who got me was sorry.

• Btw, is friendly fire even configurable in servers? I haven’t found a single one yet that had friendly fire off

• @OmmNomNom:

Btw, is friendly fire even configurable in servers? I haven’t found a single one yet that had friendly fire off

Because its part of the game. Having freindly fire off would encourage LMB spamming as you won’t hurt anyone but the enemy. People would use the catapult to bomb the objectives as your team won’t die.

• @OmmNomNom:

Btw, is friendly fire even configurable in servers? I haven’t found a single one yet that had friendly fire off

It is, yes. But FF is such an integral part of the game, the only servers I’ve seen with modified FF have increased it to 100% from 50%.

• This idea can be used to discipline noobs, But people can purposely come infront of your attack. Therefore making you die.

• Team Damage is ALWAYS enabled. No way to turn it off. Don’t suggest reflecting damage; that’s been suggested SO many times on this forum.

• well lets not care about artillery team kills since they are not that damn common as just usual team derpyness. whatever you guys think, i say it is the only effective way to teach ppl not to teamslash constantly. it would also bring ppl back to a more skillbased combat and not just LEFTCLICK LAWL.

reflecting teamdamage as admin feature +1

• How about something that i suggested in another thread http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10579 Its less intrusive while stil effective :>