First person only server browser filter

• My friends and I like first person only. We think it increases the skill cap and find it more fun. I can’t picture this being very hard to plug in but it would be very nice to see this happen. I find myself joining servers and checking if they are FPO servers and then favoriting them. an option would really help. I don’t know how many people feel this way but again I really don’t see this being too hard :P

• Now that’s a good idea; as you say it can’t be too hard, can it?

Don’t forget to add the first person servers that you have found to your favourites list.

• I only use third person when I want to look at my battlecry. but people with tower sheilds always use it.

• Yeah as I have heard a lot of people use it. It just doesn’t feel as fun to me. I enjoy the first person view and knowing no one has that omniscient view makes me feel like it is more fun. that is just me however, sadly first person only servers seem to be far and few between.

• @Amuffinattack:

Yeah as I have heard a lot of people use it. It just doesn’t feel as fun to me. I enjoy the first person view and knowing no one has that omniscient view makes me feel like it is more fun. that is just me however, sadly first person only servers seem to be far and few between.

Whenever I join and LTS server, and whenever I’m the last one, I like to be able to taunt and see my character’s awesome veteran helmet. Kinda annoying not to be able to, but each to their own I guess (I play exclusively in first-person).

• Yeah, such a filter would be nice. I’d also like to have a filter to exclude “1st person only” servers so I don’t accidently join and realize than I’m not able to fight in 3rd.

• @Reginhard:

Now that’s a good idea; as you say it can’t be too hard, can it?

lol

I would be happy if just the number of players on the server was correct

• @gregcau:

@Reginhard:

lol

Agreed.

• This needs to happen.

• I approve of this idea

• +1

• @gregcau:

@Reginhard:

lol

I do find that the use of well-intentioned cynicism can get the occasional desired result.

• This has been suggested before, and I really miss that feature. There is nothing wrong with being able to filter down servers by your own liking.

• Happy to see people agree! Hopefully the devs will see this and take a second to put it in. I do agree the server browser needs a LOT of work. Maybe they can put it in with all the other fixes!

• Agreeing this too.

• Better remove 3rd person from the game altogether. Why? Because 3rd person is used mostly by pug down-looking slash spammer noobs.

• @havz0r:

Better remove 3rd person from the game altogether. Why? Because 3rd person is used mostly by pug down-looking slash spammer noobs.

3rd person is not that useful, but sometimes I like to see how awesome my character looks after smashing in the last guy’s head in LTS.

• @havz0r:

Better remove 3rd person from the game altogether. Why? Because 3rd person is used mostly by pug down-looking slash spammer noobs.

huh

I can parry just as well in 3rd person. And I have much better field of view.

I never use it for archer but I can do better with it than 1st person for melee especially when responding to multiple opponents or a MAA who favors jumping to my side.

I get why there are 1st person snobs but the game is not just for them.

• @gregcau:

@havz0r:

huh

I can parry just as well in 3rd person. And I have much better field of view.

I never use it for archer but I can do better with it than 1st person for melee especially when responding to multiple opponents or a MAA who favors jumping to my side.

I get why there are 1st person snobs but the game is not just for them.

Though I do agree with Havz0r you have the right to your opinion has he does his. But lets not make this a troll/flaming post. I, as I am sure others, would like to see this opinion and option respected and looked at by the devs. This is why the original post was for an option in the server filter and not a remove completely.

• @Amuffinattack:

Though I do agree with Havz0r you have the right to your opinion has he does his. But lets not make this a troll/flaming post. I, as I am sure others, would like to see this opinion and option respected and looked at by the devs. This is why the original post was for an option in the server filter and not a remove completely.

…The voice of reason; albeit one of many. The suggestion of removing 3th person entirely does appear to be out of sync with the general view. Nonetheless, I don’t think it’s a lone voice.

As there are a quite a few 1st person players that do not wish to compete with 3rd person players and as far as I am aware no 3 person players that are unhappy with fighting 1st person users, this does suggest a perceived advantage if nothing else.

I’m disappointed that having sunk 300 + hours into 3rd person play; I can’t compete in “serious” Clan battles (yes; devs I know this isn’t entirely your fault) and a fair number of 1st person players feel that I have an unfair advantage. I’'m faced with “relearning” the game in 1st person and at this juncture I’m not totally sure that I’m happy to write off the time invested.

Anyway; back on thread, 1st person server browser filter? Totally agree; but as a clear indication that 3rd persons players aren’t being phased out, kindly make sure the filter works both ways.