Where is the incentive to use a Bow?

• Bows fire quicker, especially the short bow. If you are playing a more combat-oriented archer who is closer to the action, not only are you quicker at moving while aiming with the short bow, but you’ll hit the enemy more often, and because the reload is so fast you will be shooting a lot of arrows. You should get a lot of assists as well.

Shorter reload = more shots fired. Faster movement while aiming = being closer to enemies = easier to land hits.

• @Magnianhk:

Bows fire quicker, especially the short bow. If you are playing a more combat-oriented archer who is closer to the action, not only are you quicker at moving while aiming with the short bow, but you’ll hit the enemy more often, and because the reload is so fast you will be shooting a lot of arrows. You should get a lot of assists as well.

Shorter reload = more shots fired. Faster movement while aiming = being closer to enemies = easier to land hits.

I really like the shortbow, but I don’t think its rate of fire is high enough to justify 3 hits to kill a vanguard or MaA and 4 to kill a Knight. It’s also prone to landing leg shots due to the steep projectile drop, which do far less damage for projectiles than for melee - especially against opposing archers who will usually be pretty far away, and a leg shot on an archer increases your hits to kill to 3, whereas if they have broadheads on the warbow or get a lucky headshot they can kill you in one. Also, broadheads on the shortbow are literally worthless, doing nothing but increasing your hits to kill on vanguards to 4 and on knights to 5.

• I agree with the Goat.
    And nothing more was ever here to read… nope, nothing… Move along… :?

• @William:

Fixed.

No.

• LOL?…. I sniped myself kinda xD
    I over-read the little 't in can**'t** so… darn… :D

Never mind then… ;)

• @SlyGoat:

I really like the shortbow, but I don’t think its rate of fire is high enough to justify 3 hits to kill a vanguard or MaA and 4 to kill a Knight. It’s also prone to landing leg shots due to the steep projectile drop, which do far less damage for projectiles than for melee - especially against opposing archers who will usually be pretty far away, and a leg shot on an archer increases your hits to kill to 3, whereas if they have broadheads on the warbow or get a lucky headshot they can kill you in one. Also, broadheads on the shortbow are literally worthless, doing nothing but increasing your hits to kill on vanguards to 4 and on knights to 5.

It seems to be a trend that the faster weapons (which are generally tier 2) are inferior because they lose a hit to kill, which is an exponential loss of power, and only gain a linear amount of speed.

I feel TB needs to give these weapons a far more significant amount of speed over the next option. One HTK should equal far more a %speed increase. The shortbow is currently only .2-.3 faster, whereas it should probably be closer to what it was before last patch. And the same should happen with any other weapon, like the Fork.

On a case-by-case basis, of course. The Fork doesn’t need to be as fast as a dagger… but if it doesn’t get more damage or range, maybe that’s the only option.

• @DrOstler:

Bow sucks. I hate trying to unlock the third one with it.

If there’s no incentive for you, then don’t use it? Not sure why this thread was even made.

• @NikolaiLev:

@SlyGoat:

It seems to be a trend that the faster weapons (which are generally tier 2) are inferior because they lose a hit to kill, which is an exponential loss of power, and only gain a linear amount of speed.

I feel TB needs to give these weapons a far more significant amount of speed over the next option. One HTK should equal far more a %speed increase. The shortbow is currently only .2-.3 faster, whereas it should probably be closer to what it was before last patch. And the same should happen with any other weapon, like the Fork.

On a case-by-case basis, of course. The Fork doesn’t need to be as fast as a dagger… but if it doesn’t get more damage or range, maybe that’s the only option.

Fork should be able to combo. That’d set it apart properly from the other spears and allow it to mix up its two stabs; lead with the slow stab with its significantly longer range, and sprint up closer as you combo into the quick stab.

• Personally, I prefer the crossbows, especially the 1st unlocked crossbow, due to it’s reload speed…. but that doesn’t mean I don’t think the regular bows don’t have advantages.

Besides a faster reload speed, you also don’t have the lower part of your screen blocked off like with the crossbows, thus easier to keep track of your target while compensating for range (raising upward)

And that faster reload speed can save your butt at close/medium range when some crazy guy comes rushing at you.

• @JHoersten2:

@DrOstler:

If there’s no incentive for you, then don’t use it? Not sure why this thread was even made.

I only used it because I want to unlock all weapons. I finally unlocked the warbow now through much stress, I made this thread because the first 2 bows are shit. Don’t even care how good the warbow is because I won’t be using it.

• @DrOstler:

@JHoersten2:

@DrOstler:

I only used it because I want to unlock all weapons. I finally unlocked the warbow now through much stress, I made this thread because the first 2 bows are shit. Don’t even care how good the warbow is because I won’t be using it.

Dr.” eh?

Wonder what you have a doctor in… ignorance and stupidity?
    Because what you write, the whole thread I mean, is total rubbish and nothing but unjustified “mimimi!”

• @William:

Dr.” eh?

Because what you write, the whole thread I mean, is total rubbish and nothing but unjustified “mimimi!”

What’s the matter? Did I make you cry because I don’t like the bow? Does that give you a reason to act like Mr Big Man? Do one. If you’re going to post anything, don’t just post attempted insults.

• @DrOstler:

@William:

Dr.” eh?

What’s the matter? Did I make you cry because I don’t like the bow? Does that give you a reason to act like Mr Big Man? Do one. If you’re going to post anything, don’t just post attempted insults.

Thank you for your kind advice, doctor.
    Anyways, I dont cry because you simply do not like the bow, I blame you for being ignorant and acting rather stupid, just whining about how utterly bad the bows are, while in fact, you are just unable to handle them.

You don’t even have a clue what you are talking about, you have proven that with every post in this thread. That is why I decided to honor your thread by posting an answer.

Oh, do one.
    If you create a thread - don´t talk rubbish and cry your heart out, this forum suffers enough from pointless spam-topics every day, no need to contribute, even if you did so well, really.

• Bows are primarily for defense of castle walls, not all maps have a wall to defend, so in most maps they are useless (i really want a siege mode like in M&B Warband where we have to capture the flag inside it). Unlock the warbow, it can instantly kill someone if hit in a good area, i use it primarily to shoot at peasants or defend a wall.

• @Necramonium:

Bows are primarily for defense of castle walls, not all maps has a wall to defend, so in most maps they are useless (i really want a siege mode like in M&B Warband where we have to capture the flag inside it). Unlock the warbow, it can instantly kill someone if hit in a good area, i use it primarily to shoot at peasants or defend a wall.

Yeah, right, the bow was invented for defending a castle wall… thats why armies world-wide used them on the open battlefields…

The bow is nothing more but a ranged-weapon. You can attack with a bow, you can defend with a bow. It is not limited to castle walls, where the heck do you guys get your information from?!

• Well, this thread has certainly run its course by now.