Matchmaking and parties

• Are there in any long term plans of implementing, matchmaking and party joining alike, it’s really the only feature missing to kick this game into a modern FPS style of game. Of course this wouldn’t mean the death of dedicated servers, but it would mean that you’d need to enable peer-2-peer server hosting. Which is of course not ideal, but it works in other games. I hate to mention CoD, but they do have a good model of matchmaking, just not of anything else, so please do not think I’m talking about killing streaks, DO NOT WANT THAT. I think matchmaking would be an excellent implementation, for people trying to improve, or wanting to be “competitive” while still remaining a “casual” gamer. Such things as hidden matchmaking value and so on, are up to you to decide, or ask the community.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you will consider adding matchmaking at some point.

• Agree, matchmaking would be very good to have for the competitive scene

• Whats wrong with the dedicated servers?

• The whole point is to find people wanting to play competitively faster and automated, creating rankings, etc

• @Metrocop:

Whats wrong with the dedicated servers?

The console generation is not familiar with it.

• I prefer to choose the server myself than just click “Find match” and get into a shitty P2P server, I don’t want to depend on the hosts connection.

• @poiuasd:

@Metrocop:

Whats wrong with the dedicated servers?

The console generation is not familiar with it.

It has nothing to do with consoles, it’s simply a feature, I added no where that there was anything wrong with dedicated servers, just that you can’t support player matchmaking, which would make for more balanced matches, and a whole other mindset in the players, since people would be playing to win rating. Some people just find it more fun, to play against people of the same skill.

• @Korebian:

Some people just find it more fun, to play against people of the same skill.

Feel free to build up a team to test your mettle against other teams.

I don’t think I’ve ever played a game which has a combination of matchmaking and dedicated servers.

• I support an idea of matchmaking in duels. Don´t find it necessary in team objective games though.

• @poiuasd:

@Korebian:

I don’t think I’ve ever played a game which has a combination of matchmaking and dedicated servers.

Which is why you’d need to implement a peer2peer system, or Torn Banner would need to have their own servers to host games on, like DotA2 and many other games, but I don’t think they have the capacity to do so, which is why we need to bite a bullet and have peer2peer in matchmaking.

• @Korebian:

@poiuasd:

@Korebian:

Which is why you’d need to implement a peer2peer system, or Torn Banner would need to have their own servers to host games on, like DotA2 and many other games, but I don’t think they have the capacity to do so, which is why we need to bite a bullet and have peer2peer in matchmaking.

Sigh… There are Official Servers run by Torn Banner.
    P2P isn’t that good of an idea because of the dependency on the host’s internet connection.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.