Ping going up and up and up

• I was wondering if anyone else has this.

I’ve been playing Chivalry for some time now, and when I first started, I was happy with a 30-50 ping every game. Then, since a patch a few months ago, the ping started going up, on the same servers (Official servers 17-19), and kept going up. First it went to 80-ish, which was ok. Then I hit 160 regularly, which became annoying. Now it’s at an unplayable 250+. On the same servers where I used to get 40 ping on average. My computer/isp setup has not changed at all. I love this game, and now I can’t play it, basically.

Any ideas/reasons as to why this is happening, and how to fix it?

Note that these are the lowest ping servers I can find. The lowest used to be 20-30, now the lowest is 200? wtfbbq?

• Ping seems to be quite an issue on this game for me too. I live in the UK and there are barely any <100 ms servers. And even when I join a server with say, 60 ping, when I get in I have ~100-150. Also many games where I have a 60 ping, when the next game loads I will have 150+. Even though my connection hasn’t dropped, it’s just the server (but everyone else retains a high ping)

• This game is really testing my patience today. Every single server I join, I have 150-600 ping. Every single server I join, says it is “<80” from the browser.

• @DrOstler:

This game is really testing my patience today. Every single server I join, I have 150-600 ping. Every single server I join, says it is “<80” from the browser.

Thanks for mentioning that. I also experience incorrect ping reports. The server browser might say 180 ping (which is still unacceptable), but I’ll have 260+ ping in-game.

• Global Moderator

I haven’t seen that problem on New Zealand and Australian servers.

• During a game, my ping will sometimes jump from <30 to >800 for well over five minutes, alternating between the two extremes. I have no idea why this happens, but usually if I just try to hide and wait it out, the ping will level out and return to normal.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.