Ping going up and up and up

• I was wondering if anyone else has this.

I’ve been playing Chivalry for some time now, and when I first started, I was happy with a 30-50 ping every game. Then, since a patch a few months ago, the ping started going up, on the same servers (Official servers 17-19), and kept going up. First it went to 80-ish, which was ok. Then I hit 160 regularly, which became annoying. Now it’s at an unplayable 250+. On the same servers where I used to get 40 ping on average. My computer/isp setup has not changed at all. I love this game, and now I can’t play it, basically.

Any ideas/reasons as to why this is happening, and how to fix it?

Note that these are the lowest ping servers I can find. The lowest used to be 20-30, now the lowest is 200? wtfbbq?

• Ping seems to be quite an issue on this game for me too. I live in the UK and there are barely any <100 ms servers. And even when I join a server with say, 60 ping, when I get in I have ~100-150. Also many games where I have a 60 ping, when the next game loads I will have 150+. Even though my connection hasn’t dropped, it’s just the server (but everyone else retains a high ping)

• This game is really testing my patience today. Every single server I join, I have 150-600 ping. Every single server I join, says it is “<80” from the browser.

• @DrOstler:

This game is really testing my patience today. Every single server I join, I have 150-600 ping. Every single server I join, says it is “<80” from the browser.

Thanks for mentioning that. I also experience incorrect ping reports. The server browser might say 180 ping (which is still unacceptable), but I’ll have 260+ ping in-game.

• Global Moderator

I haven’t seen that problem on New Zealand and Australian servers.

• During a game, my ping will sometimes jump from <30 to >800 for well over five minutes, alternating between the two extremes. I have no idea why this happens, but usually if I just try to hide and wait it out, the ping will level out and return to normal.