Character Sounds

• How vocal are the characters in the game? Such as your character being able to say things to others. (Tactics, Teamwork, Friendly sayings to use with your team) with (Warcry’s, Taunt’s, Cursing to use against your enemies). Will it have something similar to a Tribes “vgc” menu system?

How dramatic are the Death cry’s or Death gurggling?

What approach are you taking with the voice acting in the game? To capture the Medieval feel.

Looking forward to this game.

• :shock: :o :P
    Voice acting for this game would probably be the most fun a man could have in a life time… the next best thing would be to relive an epic battle from the past for a few days or so.

the voices are one of the things I will look forward to the most, charging into the fray yelling at the top of my lungs “FOR THE KING! … for death bring me glory” {insert climatic battle of the ages here.}

• Developer

just now finishing the vo asset gathering. Our actors all though essentially amateurs are doing a fantastic job. Everybody has lost their voices for the recordings– pretty much everything is being shouted as if their was a large battle to shout over. I’ve seen 3 actors gag trying to get good gurgles-- a little beer in the back of the throat helps.

Pretty much everything you mentioned but cursing will be their, but some of the taunts are much like cursing. :D

• Great thread and great response also.
    I always believed that the sound effects play a massive role in the final feel of the game.

• Developer

i love you

• Also, as you said about war cries and the like, have you seen the taunts? In the trailer footage there is first person footage of someone banging their weapon on their shield, and another striking a pose with his sword! If AoC is anything to go by, these taunts will add even more to the classic taunts of “is that chainmail or are you wearing a skirt?” and the nostalgic “KEEEEL THEEEM ALLLLLL!”

The animation looks amazing from both third and first person and really adds to the immersion, as well as just down-right badassery.

• Indeed, MisterMax, that taunts really brings the punch. I will also be much satisfied if I could choose from style of voice (lets say 3 patterns - different voice actors), and then be able to change pitch and speed of talking (in a way of normal voice differs of course). That would make me fap my sword :P

• Outtake reel? :)

• Nice, just watched the gameplay trailer last night and got more of a feel for how the audio is. It’s looking and sounding great.

• y’all are in for a treat :)

• @Lancebringer:

y’all are in for a treat :)

Awesome. What kind of audio options will the game support? Any Dobly Digital, DTS, 5.1?

• @Swords:

@Lancebringer:

y’all are in for a treat :)

Awesome. What kind of audio options will the game support? Any Dobly Digital, DTS, 5.1?

Cant say, thats for the Dev’s to chime in on. I do know its using one of the latest unreal 3 engines.

• Have faith, sounds will prevail ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Have faith, sounds will prevail ;)

we need a thumbs up.
    I thumb-up this post.

• @King:

Voice acting for this game would probably be the most fun a man could have in a life time…

Very possibly.

• My favorite sounds from AOC are the polite agathian quips, especially right after killing somone. I love throwing these out right after a kill:

“my folly, brother!”
    “yes milord”
    “yes.”

that is all.