Garbage

• Not worth it. Good luck with the hax.

Just a Judge

• @Judge2112:

I found, downloaded, installed and had set up a speed hack for FREE in under 3 minutes.

Incoming ban in 3…2…1…

• @DrOstler:

@Judge2112:

I found, downloaded, installed and had set up a speed hack for FREE in under 3 minutes.

Incoming ban in 3…2…1…

• @Judge2112:

@DrOstler:

@Judge2112:

Incoming ban in 3…2…1…

Again never used it in public play.

Again help me help you. I am not here to have a war of wits with an unarmed folk, so take the trolling somewhere else.

Regardless of whether or not you did it in public. You still broke the rules. I have no remorse for any hackers so you’d better hope this is a fake forum account behind a proxy.

• For now the best bet is to report cheaters via the Chivalry moderator steamgroup:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivmod

• 10char

• @Judge2112:

If I am going to get banned for trying to help the game then please have an official dev come in here and say so. I will delete this game from my hard drive and giving a scathing review every where I can including at mt 12K member website.

Lmao - classic internet threats. Please, save them.

You’ve admitted to searching out and using cheating software. That’s cause enough for a ban, no matter the intended use. You don’t need to use a cheat program to understand it’s purpose, just as you don’t need to shoot someone to understand why murder is wrong. You then insult someone in the next post? Get rid of this clown…

Go tell your 12,000 members all about how you installed cheat software and didn’t believe you should get a ban. Oh, link it too - I’m quite interested to hear the collective laughter of 12000 people.

• @Judge2112:

Regardless of whether or not you did it in public. You still broke the rules. I have no remorse for any hackers so you’d better hope this is a fake forum account behind a proxy.

I think some of you may be making hastily comments.
    I understand he broke the rules, but the action he took is something that is needed. How is cheating going to be taken care of if we don’t understand how it works? This user is taking steps to try and prevent cheating by giving it the publicity it deserves. He took a risk to try and get a reward. This user is educating himself by taking a risk and give back to the community. As long as his word is true, he did not use the cheats in a public server to help benefit the community. In my book, what this user did is fine. At the same time, he may have broken the rules and Torn Banner Studios may ban him if they please.

• @Judge2112:

Never crossed your mind to ask the devs if they care and/or approve of your cheat testing?

• @99thLevel:

I understand he broke the rules, but the action he took is something that is needed. How is cheating going to be taken care of if we don’t understand how it works? This user is taking steps to try and prevent cheating by giving it the publicity it deserves. He took a risk to try and get a reward. This user is educating himself by taking a risk and give back to the community. As long as his word is true, he did not use the cheats in a public server to help benefit the community. In my book, what this user did is fine. At the same time, he may have broken the rules and Torn Banner Studios may ban him if they please.

See

@JHoersten2:

You don’t need to use a cheat program to understand it’s purpose, just as you don’t need to shoot someone to understand why murder is wrong.

• @99thLevel:

How is cheating going to be taken care of if we don’t understand how it works? This user is taking steps to try and prevent cheating by giving it the publicity it deserves. He took a risk to try and get a reward.

Who doesn’t understand how it works? Players? They don’t need to understand how it works, but simply not to do it. Torn Banner? They understand how cheats work and don’t need MORE players downloading or propagating how easy it is to find cheats.

The only thing that comes from publicity is more people looking for them. The devs know about it, and that’s all that matters. Player knowledge does nothing beneficial for the situation - either more players download cheats or they complain about them. It’s easy to understand what a “speed hack” is or even identify it without having to download/install it. He wanted to try out the cheating, and admitted it. This should call for a ban.

How do you know he isn’t using it right now in other servers? Simply because he says so? ha! Zero tolerance; you cheat, you get banned. Cut & Dry.

…much less naming a thread, “Cheating and how easy it is.”

• Players should stay firmly away from any cheat programs, especially since some contain malicious code. VAC will detect a lot of the stuff and ban you from accessing the entire game at some point in the future, it just takes time while data is collected. Leave the developers to test cheats, they can do it in a controlled environment. On the upside, the next patch will feature significant anti-hack measures.

• I’ve only personally seen two cheaters and it wasn’t a “speed hack” in the movement speed sense, but a lack of recovery time on attacks in both cases. It was quite amusing too, because the second encounter was a guy with a halberd and when I called him out after facing him (because I know the halberd isn’t THAT broken and stated so along with my votekick) most people voted no. 5 minutes and something like a 68-4 score later, people clued in and kicked him.

First encounter was just a knight running around with uber-fast LMB spam, though he might have been moving faster as well, I don’t rightly remember. People will always assume cheating when they’re bad though, so it’s not like it’s this rampant problem.

• @Martin:

VAC will detect a lot of the stuff and ban you from accessing the entire game at some point in the future, it just takes time while data is collected. Leave the developers to test cheats, they can do it in a controlled environment. On the upside, the next patch will feature significant anti-hack measures.

A step in the right direction.

It’s a real shame that energy needs to be spent in this direction when it could be improving the game. That’s why I can’t muster tolerance; not because cheating is basically wrong, just because it wastes time and talent eradicating it.

• Hacking is easy, but so is finding out who hacks. Even if they have subtle advantages that’re hard to prove, they’re noobs anyway and easy to outplay.

• @99thLevel:

I understand he broke the rules, but the action he took is something that is needed. How is cheating going to be taken care of if we don’t understand how it works?

It’s pretty easy to understand how they work without having to install them or use them yourself.

The OP wasn’t doing anybody any favours and isn’t some kind of hero by installing hacks and then bragging about it.

This user is taking steps to try and prevent cheating by giving it the publicity it deserves. He took a risk to try and get a reward.

Indeed, he took a risk and now he can accept the consequences of his actions. We all know hacks exist. They exist in just about every game out there. You have speed hacks, aim bots, wall hacks and everything in between.

This user is educating himself by taking a risk and give back to the community. As long as his word is true, he did not use the cheats in a public server to help benefit the community. In my book, what this user did is fine. At the same time, he may have broken the rules and Torn Banner Studios may ban him if they please.

Yeah he’s my hero…. If he wanted to educate himself, he could have checked out YouTube videos, googled, wiki’d and just about everything else to learn about the subject.

The fact is that he has admitted to installing and using hacks on his licensed copy of Chivalry MW, which goes against that license agreement, thus should have his copy revoked.

His intentions are irrelevant, his actions are. If you excuse one person, then you open the door for a big mess of others trying to screw around with the game and use advantages against other players while claiming they only use these things offline.

Cuz we can all trust them on their word.

If he wanted to do the right thing and cover his ass, he should have contacted TBS and asked first, while explaining his intentions.

But he didn’t and went ahead… And now he should suffer the consequences of his actions like anybody else should.

• No matter what. People will cheat and people will hack the game. Personally, I blame the Federal Reserved for messing up the Economy that much but oh well… These things will always happen and it will never be fully stopped.

It is best to ban them, if they use multi, and leave them alone if they use singleplayer.

• I think there might be some kind of aim assist program out there too, because I’ve run into a couple archers that are uncannily good. I’m talking consistent across the map headshot good.

• I strongly dislike aim assist hacks in Arcanists… Those are the ones that really need to get banned and removed.