Can't aim balistas on Hillside

• @BobT36:

Is this JUST the ballistas, and have you got any Gamepads or anything plugged in? (Try removing them if so)

Just balistas and only on that map. It is odd. No gamepad.

• I get the ballistas moving to the left too. Rather frustrating. Moving this to the Bugs Forum.

• Every single time I use a ballista, I have to fire it before I can actually move it on the screen, in Hillside. Occasionally I get the moving to the left one. It has to be related to being hit/being killed/entering the ballista during a certain state because these issues happen far, far more frequently than on Stoneshill.

And when I was on Stream in a match yesterday, those cheeky Streamers had the nerve to say I had terrible aim because I had no choice but to shoot it in the Water first before I could line it up on a Ship lol.

• I have never had this problem. And I always get the objectives.

• @Martin:

Every single time I use a ballista, I have to fire it before I can actually move it on the screen, in Hillside. Occasionally I get the moving to the left one. It has to be related to being hit/being killed/entering the ballista during a certain state because these issues happen far, far more frequently than on Stoneshill.

And when I was on Stream in a match yesterday, those cheeky Streamers had the nerve to say I had terrible aim because I had no choice but to shoot it in the Water first before I could line it up on a Ship lol.

This is exactly what I have, except recently I have had trouble aiming even during the reload period. Its pretty bad because being on the thing while it is reloading is very dangerous. I guess it’s possible that it happens to me on stoneshill now that I think about it. I never play d on that map and if I do I don’t use the balistas.

I seem to be able to aim it fine on battlegrounds though.

• I still can’t aim these. It’s getting annoying when I play a scrim and I have to tell my teamates sorry, I can’t use the balista. It either just starts turning hard to the right, or I can’t aim it unless it is reloading.

• Do we have confirmation of this, or…?

The ballistae on Citadel work fine, for example. My explanation to people in-game is Mason sabotage.

• We do know of one thing causing ballistae to forcibly turn to one side.

• @Martin:

Every single time I use a ballista, I have to fire it before I can actually move it on the screen, in Hillside. Occasionally I get the moving to the left one. It has to be related to being hit/being killed/entering the ballista during a certain state because these issues happen far, far more frequently than on Stoneshill.

This happens a lot, very annoying especially on Hillside.

• @SlyGoat:

We do know of one thing causing ballistae to forcibly turn to one side.

But not the “freeze in place a little after you take control” thing? Firing a shot makes it mobile again, but then if you are forced off the sequence repeats itself, so it’s effectively unusable.

• @Daiyuki:

@SlyGoat:

We do know of one thing causing ballistae to forcibly turn to one side.

But no the “freeze in place a little after you take control” thing? Firing a shot makes it mobile again, but then if you are forced off the sequence repeats itself, so it’s effectively unusable.

I don’t think I’ve encountered that one in months. If you have any thoughts on how to reproduce it… we can get a speedy resolution of it. :)

• Seriously? It happens on every Hillside game for us and that’s not even exaggerating. I haven’t had a single Hillside game where the Ballista worked correctly once and I always attempt to use the Ballista every time. Not a single clan war it’s worked correctly for either team too.

• @Martin:

Seriously? It happens on every Hillside game for us and that’s not even exaggerating. I haven’t had a single Hillside game where the Ballista worked correctly once and I always attempt to use the Ballista every time. Not a single clan war it’s worked correctly for either team too.

This. Very easy to reproduce =] But it’s just that map, so… I dunno why that is.