Can't aim balistas on Hillside

• I have never had this problem. And I always get the objectives.

• @Martin:

Every single time I use a ballista, I have to fire it before I can actually move it on the screen, in Hillside. Occasionally I get the moving to the left one. It has to be related to being hit/being killed/entering the ballista during a certain state because these issues happen far, far more frequently than on Stoneshill.

And when I was on Stream in a match yesterday, those cheeky Streamers had the nerve to say I had terrible aim because I had no choice but to shoot it in the Water first before I could line it up on a Ship lol.

This is exactly what I have, except recently I have had trouble aiming even during the reload period. Its pretty bad because being on the thing while it is reloading is very dangerous. I guess it’s possible that it happens to me on stoneshill now that I think about it. I never play d on that map and if I do I don’t use the balistas.

I seem to be able to aim it fine on battlegrounds though.

• I still can’t aim these. It’s getting annoying when I play a scrim and I have to tell my teamates sorry, I can’t use the balista. It either just starts turning hard to the right, or I can’t aim it unless it is reloading.

• Do we have confirmation of this, or…?

The ballistae on Citadel work fine, for example. My explanation to people in-game is Mason sabotage.

• We do know of one thing causing ballistae to forcibly turn to one side.

• @Martin:

Every single time I use a ballista, I have to fire it before I can actually move it on the screen, in Hillside. Occasionally I get the moving to the left one. It has to be related to being hit/being killed/entering the ballista during a certain state because these issues happen far, far more frequently than on Stoneshill.

This happens a lot, very annoying especially on Hillside.

• @SlyGoat:

We do know of one thing causing ballistae to forcibly turn to one side.

But not the “freeze in place a little after you take control” thing? Firing a shot makes it mobile again, but then if you are forced off the sequence repeats itself, so it’s effectively unusable.

• @Daiyuki:

@SlyGoat:

We do know of one thing causing ballistae to forcibly turn to one side.

But no the “freeze in place a little after you take control” thing? Firing a shot makes it mobile again, but then if you are forced off the sequence repeats itself, so it’s effectively unusable.

I don’t think I’ve encountered that one in months. If you have any thoughts on how to reproduce it… we can get a speedy resolution of it. :)

• Seriously? It happens on every Hillside game for us and that’s not even exaggerating. I haven’t had a single Hillside game where the Ballista worked correctly once and I always attempt to use the Ballista every time. Not a single clan war it’s worked correctly for either team too.

• @Martin:

Seriously? It happens on every Hillside game for us and that’s not even exaggerating. I haven’t had a single Hillside game where the Ballista worked correctly once and I always attempt to use the Ballista every time. Not a single clan war it’s worked correctly for either team too.

This. Very easy to reproduce =] But it’s just that map, so… I dunno why that is.