COOP + Lord of the Rings Mod!

• Hi guys

Okay, long shot but imagine playing Chiv alongside other players (COOP) against a horde of hundreds of orcs!! Even defending castle walls, etc. Now THAT would be fun.

• The map already exists in UDK. Just needs some retexturing and objective markers.

Hope we get some promising news regarding the SDK soon. All we’ve heard so far is that it’s a long way away, which is a little depressing.

• Awesome that we have a map…what about the COOP mode? ie. can we get AI with some skill to attack us (similar to the training maps)? I’m talking hordes of the buggers!

• @The_Pharoah:

Awesome that we have a map…what about the COOP mode? ie. can we get AI with some skill to attack us (similar to the training maps)? I’m talking hordes of the buggers!

Bot AI is already pretty good here…

• I would like to have a COOP mode in chivalry :)
    But it has not to be Lord of the Rings.

@Hadron:

Bot AI is already pretty good here…

The bots aren’t so good here in my experience. I have often that the bots just run around in their spawn area or just walking in one direction till they run against a wall and then they are still walking in the same direction.

So if they want to add a COOP mode the bots have to be improved.

Kraltorrik

• They are not bad at fighting. But figuring out objectives they easily get lost.

• I bet if swomeone dedicated time and effort and added proper waypoints to Helms Deep, something like this could happen. But again, little to do without a SDK.

The very same map exists for Age of Chivalry. Its not like you gotta think about what the objectives would be, just copy them in UDK. Although in a humans VS bots match Id alter them, to make them simpler for the bots and more challenging for the humans.

• I just want to see 32 Lothlorien Archers lined up on the walls, as an endless stream of AI Uruk-Hai skinned knights charge the walls. Corpses lining the muddy pools by the dozens and soon hundreds.

My framerate would drop to a crawl but it’ll be so very worth it!

• @Strudel:

Hope we get some promising news regarding the SDK soon. All we’ve heard so far is that it’s a long way away, which is a little depressing.

extremely*