Vote Kick Needs Attention

• I’ve seen a few threads created in the past couple of days on this general idea, but they didn’t really get off the ground - so here are my thoughts and suggestions.

The following comes from experience in almost exclusively Official TO servers.

Kicking someone from a server is clearly something that is needed for a game such as this, teamkilling is one of the fun quirks of this game, but when it’s done on purpose, there is a problem. Another example is kicking verbally abusive players (I’m talking over-the-top).

The problem lies in players deciding that one accidental TK deserves a kick from the server, and you see it all the time.

Votes come up so often, players often vote yes out of dis-interest. Vote spam is such a huge problem, and I’d like to see a limit put on them before you are kicked yourself. One of the main reasons I was motivated to create this thread is the amount of people who flat out lie and get people kicked. I’ve been kicked three times for imaginary teamkilling, once this guy claimed I was in the spawn attacking people!

Even these votes get passed because you can’t prove it, the scoreboard doesn’t show TKs, and the percentage of people needed to kick someone is far too low, at “55%”

I’d also recommend that when you are planning to vote to kick someone, you then choose their name - not the other way round. I’ve seen countless numbers of people put themselves up for a vote.

To Summarize:

-Add an option that says why you are initiating a vote, so we don’t have to guess.
    -Increase the threshold from “55%” to something like 60-75%
    -Limit the number of votes one can initiate
    -Add TKs to the scoreboard
    -Fix the way people start votes so they don’t accidentally kick themselves.
    -Fix the ban workaround - Leaving before a successful vote allows a player to rejoin immediately.

• @RobotMagician:

Happening next patch. 60% I believe.

@RobotMagician:

-Add an option that says why you are initiating a vote, so we don’t have to guess.
    -Add TKs to the scoreboard

Somewhat happening; calling a vote will show relevant information to players in the form of idle time and team damage dealt.

@RobotMagician:

-Limit the number of votes one can initiate

Exists already - if a vote fails you can’t call another one for a period of time. I think it’s only 20 seconds or so right now, perhaps could be increased to a minute or two.

@RobotMagician:

-Fix the way people start votes so they don’t accidentally kick themselves.
    -Fix the ban workaround - Leaving before a successful vote allows a player to rejoin immediately.

Both good points, I’ll try and pass these on.

• @SlyGoat:

@RobotMagician:

I assume you mean, that the DEFAULT threshold is being increased, because the option to change it, already exists.

• @KingArthur:

@SlyGoat:

@RobotMagician:

I assume you mean, that the DEFAULT threshold is being increased, because the option to change it, already exists.

Of course.

Additionally I forgot to mention the (default) minimum number of participants in the vote will be higher. I think the current number is something like 25% of the server has to cast a vote for the vote to count, that’ll probably be ramped up to 30-40%.

• Global Moderator

That’s the thing its the complete opposite on BZ and AUs servers. Still all the abuse and Tking but everyone votes no.

People are complaining about a team killer in the chat someone starts a votekick and it come out as no. Its usually 50-50. So down here the vote should be lowers from 55% to 45%.

And there are not many random votekicks on people for being good and no one lies much. The troll who started it gets votkicked.

• @lemonater47:

That’s the thing its the complete opposite on BZ and AUs servers. Still all the abuse and Tking but everyone votes no.

People are complaining about a team killer in the chat someone starts a votekick and it come out as no. Its usually 50-50. So down here the vote should be lowers from 55% to 45%.

And there are not many random votekicks on people for being good and no one lies much. The troll who started it gets votkicked.

:? :? :? :?

• @lemonater47:

Yeah, I’m from Australia and I’ve noticed most people vote “no” (except from a bunch of kids come on and vote kick people). Us Aussies have some decency!

• Global Moderator

@KingArthur:

@lemonater47:

Yeah, I’m from Australia and I’ve noticed most people vote “no” (except from a bunch of kids come on and vote kick people). Us Aussies have some decency!

And your forgetting about us kiwis. Just noticed I wrote BZ instead of NZ. Damn new keyboard.

• @lemonater47:

@KingArthur:

@lemonater47:

And your forgetting about us kiwis. Just noticed I wrote BZ instead of NZ. Damn new keyboard.

What about we Canadians? Lol.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.