I can't launch the server?

• I’ve done what all the tutorials said to do, tried all the fixes, tried using udklogging, tried using pretty much everything. But when I click any of the UDK’s, the program just won’t launch. I don’t have this problem with srcds (CSS, TF2, etc) as it works just fine. Please did anyone have this error and the solution to it? I would like for my community to have a Chivalry server, but this setback is delaying it. I would appreciate some help.

• What do you mean, “it won’t launch”?

The .exe just does nothing at all? no process started on your CPU?

• Exactly. Nothing comes up in Task Manager, I tried using it with ServerDOC (Keeps crashing), tried to use a .bat to triple check, it just crash spams.

• Validate the server files, also run the stuff (except the AMD stuff unless its applicable) under Binaries\RedistChiv to make sure you are not missing any libs.

Also you can try the chivalry launcher/monitor I made:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=7897

• What happens if you open a windows command prompt and run it by typing the UDK.exe path into it?

• I have reverified the game files via SteamCMD, installed all those in the folder you suggested besides the AMD, and tried to launch it via CMD. They all don’t work. The CMD doesn’t say anything, as it just looks like it executed the UDK.exe

• @samxkim:

I have reverified the game files via SteamCMD, installed all those in the folder you suggested besides the AMD, and tried to launch it via CMD. They all don’t work. The CMD doesn’t say anything, as it just looks like it executed the UDK.exe

How about a screenshot of that? If the server is running successfully, you should get a new blank “command prompty”-y looking window pop up.

• This is what I get, no window opening or anything.
    http://gyazo.com/e56ffdbbce60d253259ff08ec9ced618

• @samxkim:

This is what I get, no window opening or anything.
    http://gyazo.com/e56ffdbbce60d253259ff08ec9ced618

Did you download it from Steam and move it to a new folder?

• First of the map AOCTD-Moor_p does not exist, Moor_p only comes as LTS, FFA and KOTH.
    So change to one of the map/gametypes that exists.

Also when you are debugging server issues use ‘UDKLogging.exe’ instead of UDK.exe and skip the start usually easier to track down problems if you keep to one cmd.

Example:
    …\Binaries\Win32>UDKLogging.exe AOCTD-Ruins_P?steamsockets -dedicated=true -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27018

• It wouldn’t matter if it was UDK.exe or just UDKLogging.exe, I still get the same error. I changed the maps to AOCTD-Ruins_P and to AOCTO_hillside_p. Still nothing comes up at all and no programs I can see related to the Chivalry server (Via Task Manager).

• Just installed Framework Net 4.5, still not working. I don’t get whats honestly happening.

• @samxkim:

Just installed Framework Net 4.5, still not working. I don’t get whats honestly happening.

Only time I get something similar to what you describe is when I try launch the UDK.exe with invalid or no parameters. But that causes 2 events to be logged in the event log (ID 1000 and 1001) and a crash dump being created in <dedicatedserver>\UDKGame\Logs

double/triple check your launch parameters and configuration files….</dedicatedserver>

• C:\chivalryserver\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe AOCFFA-Arena3_P?steamsockets -seekfreeloadingserver -Port=7777 -QueryPort=27018 -maxplayers=8

Thats the parameter I’ve done, should be correct

• Can I have a update? What type of software would I need installed on the dedi to get this working?