Medieval Archers

• When I think of Archers from those times, I dont think of “Robin Hood” archers, but a huge unit of archers spamming the frontline in unison. With thousands of arrows pummeling the enemy. Could this be implemented in a way where games have a “grenade throw arc”, instead have a “loose arrows arc”. You’d fire arrows more rapidly, but it would spray and pray a certain area. And make it do half damage to friendly’s as well. But it would add a “suppression” factor to the enemy frontlines. No blurry suppresion or anything like that, but damage suppression.

With lucky arrows at times, and bad luck friendly arrows at times. Know what I mean? As far as the arc of it and such. One archer should be able to cover a 10ft diameter with loose arcing spray and pray. He would be able to see the arc and area he or she is aiming for. With each burst eating up “stamina” to the point where one Archer could only get off 2 “loose arrow arcs” with full stamina.

• I think it will work in massive battles. With player limitations in CMW, which is actually only 32, i think it makes no sense, and precise shooting would be more effective.

To make things lame and easier, archers have got mechanical zoom-in eyes, from what i saw…. :( and if devs leave this feature…i would probably hate them ;)

• Arcing arrows over cover and into an enemies dome-piece would be awesome, as long as it wasn’t too easy.

• Yush wrote:
    To make things lame and easier, archers have got mechanical zoom-in eyes, from what i saw…. and if devs leave this feature…i would probably hate them

I still do not understand the need of this. There is no such aberation in AoC (not that I know of) and archers are like… are like… I HATE THEM!
    Is this feature there to target a larger marketing crowd? Why don’t we have that with the throwing weapons then?

• @Faranox:

Arcing arrows over cover and into an enemies dome-piece would be awesome, as long as it wasn’t too easy.

I have to say that if archery remains in CMW as it is in AOC then it will feel like a missed chance to take the archer’s gameplay to the next level as it is already done with the melee classes.

I also hate big-time the white arrow track as shown in the latest video. I mean if you wanna see the whole track of your arrow then implement fire arrows and make the precise ground spot where the arrow hits to raise a small cloud of mixed dust and material shattering particles (ground, rock, wood).

I don’t believe that this is too demanding in terms of bandwidth to implement since it is already implemented for the catapults.

@yush:

…To make things lame and easier, archers have got mechanical zoom-in eyes, from what i saw… :( and if devs leave this feature…i would probably hate them ;)

I also don’t like the zoom-in feature at all.

I would really like to hear some Dev opinion on the matter.

• to ( ) - so that it more accurately simulates what it’s meant to, which is squinting/focusing for better distance view at the cost of peripheral vision. I think it’s a neat tactical feature that could use some polish. It isn’t meant to be a mechanical zoom eye.